Red. Hot. Hockey. III. - BU vs. Cornell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red. Hot. Hockey. III. - BU vs. Cornell

The 3rd installment of Red Hot Hockey is this Saturday at MSG. From the BU perspective, there seems to be less buzz leading up to this year's event compared to the past 2 RHH games.

I also heard ticket sales haven't been as strong and that a sellout is not expected, even with reduced seating capacity at MSG this year b/c of the renovations. Could RHH3 be a case of "dipping into the well one too many times"?

Interested to hear Cornell fans' perspective as well as what other BU loyalists think about the upcoming event. Discuss.

Re: Red. Hot. Hockey. III. - BU vs. Cornell

RHH is definitely not sold out, but the seats that are leftover at this point are mostly the lower-level expensive seats. Slightly less buzz this time than last time for sure.
    Let's Go Red!

Comment

Its good event. Not doing it this year I dont think. Have done it, and it was fun but its an expensive weekend, espically if you want to stay in the city overnight. Might pull it together last minute, drive in and maybe crash at a friend's in Connecticut on the way home, but that does not sound like as much fun.
      Last edited by ericredaxe; 11-21-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

If any of you that are going and planning to attend the Alumni Association pep rally, I heard that the Stanley Cup is stopping in for a visit!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          If any of you that are going and planning to attend the Alumni Association pep rally, I heard that the Stanley Cup is stopping in for a visit!
          Not sure if you're serious, but wow. Where did you hear this and why? As a Rangers fan I'm not sure how I feel about the Cup even being in the building unless the Rangers are playing for it
          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            Not sure if you're serious, but wow. Where did you hear this and why? As a Rangers fan I'm not sure how I feel about the Cup even being in the building unless the Rangers are playing for it
            Confirmed thru multiple sources at BU. Had been rumored and in the works for weeks.

Comment

I'll be headed there, but rooting for my first true hockey love, Cornell. Word from elynah is that all Cornell seats in the uppers are gone...not sure if this is the same with BU, but plenty of excitement on my end as we have a group of about 20 going.

Although this isn't the Cornell I remember...high octane offense? I'm more comfortable with squeaking out 2-1 wins and winning battles on the boards.

Really excited to see if they can keep this scoring going against BU. Considering how bad BUs defense and special teams has been, I'm expecting a high scoring affair...which mean's it will probably be 2-1.
              Last edited by BigRedTerrier; 11-21-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                Really excited to see if they can keep this scoring going against BU. Considering how bad BUs defense and special teams has been, I'm expecting a high scoring affair...which mean's it will probably be 2-1.
                Most likely. We haven't scored less than 4 goals per game since D-1 play started for us a few weeks ago, although I'm not sure how long this will last. Interestingly, our SOGs have been relatively low compared to the number of goals, so there will definitely be a lot of battles along the boards.
                Let's Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by ajh258 View Post
                  Most likely. We haven't scored less than 4 goals per game since D-1 play started for us a few weeks ago, although I'm not sure how long this will last. Interestingly, our SOGs have been relatively low compared to the number of goals, so there will definitely be a lot of battles along the boards.
                  True, but the chances we've created are golden chances. It's not like we've been knocking home an extraordinary amount of lucky tips and deflections. But you're right, if our SOGs don't go up the goal numbers are likely to go down.

Comment

Anyone know which team is wearing the red, and which is wearing the white?
                    Will it be determined by another Jack Parker coinless coin flip? (See 1978 NCAA championship game if you don't know.)

Comment

I hope Cornell plays better than it did last night. Andy Iles kept them in a game in which they never got any flow & kept giving away the puck. Maybe they were sulking because their classmates had largely gone home for Thanksgiving already. Also they have a bad habit of thinking they don't have to get up for AHA games. One would have thought the Mercyhurst game would have cured them.

I never know whether competition for playing time, quite intense this year with our nifty Freshmen, is energizing to the team, drains their confidence, or maybe even makes them "try too hard."

However, on to New York. If you can't get up for playing BU in Madison Square Garden, it's hopeless. GO BIG RED!
                      . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

Maybe they were just looking ahead to this game? Anyways, says a lot if they were still able to win despite not playing their best.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                          Maybe they were just looking ahead to this game? Anyways, says a lot if they were still able to win despite not playing their best.
                          Andy Iles and a lackluster Niagara hockey team are the only reasons why they got the win last night. Any other opponent we played earlier this year would have easily beat that team. I understand that they are tired, but I'm pretty sure they've been saying all week that they have been preparing for this Tuesday game and taking care of their bodies. At this point, I'm inclined to think that they are just getting a bit cocky.
                          Let's Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by ajh258 View Post
                            Andy Iles and a lackluster Niagara hockey team are the only reasons why they got the win last night. Any other opponent we played earlier this year would have easily beat that team. I understand that they are tired, but I'm pretty sure they've been saying all week that they have been preparing for this Tuesday game and taking care of their bodies. At this point, I'm inclined to think that they are just getting a bit cocky.
                            I agree, but the two day turnaround couldn't have helped them. But if they don't play better than last night, then we're in for a long night Saturday. LET'S GO RED!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              Anyone know which team is wearing the red, and which is wearing the white?
                              Will it be determined by another Jack Parker coinless coin flip? (See 1978 NCAA championship game if you don't know.)
                              BU is the "home" team and will be wearing the white.

Comment

Working...
                              X