Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 NCAA Week 7 Rankings

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    How is Duluth ahead of Minnesota when Minnesota swept them on their own ice?
    The Gophers lost to JBSU. That alone should knock them out of the top 5, maybe the top ten. Road, home doesn't matter, it's JBSU!

Comment

Anyone with MN not in the top 5 or behind Duluth should have their voting privileges revoked. Are you guys kidding me? SCSU right now looks like they could very well be a home-ice team in the WCHA in the playoffs, we made some defensive miscues, but for the most part played a pretty good game Saturday, and they BURIED us.

MN has defensive hiccups, sure, everybody does. But Patterson has SIX shutouts so far, setting the MN shutout record for a season... in November. Last I checked, games only start in October.

Trust me, I don't like defending them, I wish they WEREN'T a top-3 team, but you guys are off your **** rockers.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by ajh258 View Post
        1. Notre Dame
        2. Ohio State
        3. Colorado College
        4. Ferris State
        5. Merrimack
        6. Minnesota-Duluth
        7. B.C.
        8. Lake Superior
        9. Minnesota
        10. Cornell

On the bubble: Western Michigan, Yale, Denver, Colgate, Michigan State

Merrimack's schedule is weak and the team is vastly overrated on PWR. I am a Cornell fan, but after seeing both teams play, I think the Red can beat the Bulldogs if they played again today. B.C. is falling fast, and if Yale beat them in the upcoming week, I'll move the Bulldogs back up.
        A Cornell fun who obviously knows jack crap about college hockey.
        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
        Go you Green and White
        Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight with all your might!
        Rah! Rah! Rah!
        We are here to cheer you
        We are out to win your fame,
        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Anyone with MN not in the top 5 or behind Duluth should have their voting privileges revoked. Are you guys kidding me? SCSU right now looks like they could very well be a home-ice team in the WCHA in the playoffs, we made some defensive miscues, but for the most part played a pretty good game Saturday, and they BURIED us.

MN has defensive hiccups, sure, everybody does. But Patterson has SIX shutouts so far, setting the MN shutout record for a season... in November. Last I checked, games only start in October.

Trust me, I don't like defending them, I wish they WEREN'T a top-3 team, but you guys are off your **** rockers.
          Minnesota has been pretty inconsistent in the games that I have seen them play. They are certainly capable of playing great, but they are just as capable as laying a stinker. I'll take Merrimack, Notre Dame, and Colorado College over Minnesota at this point in the season, and I would categorize a Duluth-Minnesota matchup as a tossup. Duluth is playing significantly better now than they were just a month ago.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Minnesota has been pretty inconsistent in the games that I have seen them play. They are certainly capable of playing great, but they are just as capable as laying a stinker. I'll take Merrimack, Notre Dame, and Colorado College over Minnesota at this point in the season, and I would categorize a Duluth-Minnesota matchup as a tossup. Duluth is playing significantly better now than they were just a month ago.
            A significant portion of the "they weren't playing as good a month ago" story line is the fact that they were getting swept at home by Minnesota a month ago. Just saying, there's a component of that reasoning that's a bit circular.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
              A significant portion of the "they weren't playing as good a month ago" story line is the fact that they were getting swept at home by Minnesota a month ago. Just saying, there's a component of that reasoning that's a bit circular.
              I'm going by how I perceive how well the team is playing, not necessarily by the box score.

Also, about 10 minutes left for those of you who want to post your top 10s.
              North Dakota

Comment

I'm going by how I perceive how well the team is playing, not necessarily by the box score.

Also, about 10 minutes left for those of you who want to post your top 10s.
                Not that it's a big issue (or any issue at all)..but come on, "box score"? We're talking about the results of the games, not shots or time of possession.

Comment

At least the USCHO poll has some sanity to it. Apparently they take head-to-head into account. As does INCH and their power rankings. Amazing.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                    Not that it's a big issue (or any issue at all)..but come on, "box score"? We're talking about the results of the games, not shots or time of possession.
                    Would you feel better if I had said the "W Column" instead? Either way, I don't feel that Minnesota is any better than Duluth. That's just my opinion.

It's amazing how defensive Gopher fans are these days. You have a great team...enjoy the ride.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Would you feel better if I had said the "W Column" instead? Either way, I don't feel that Minnesota is any better than Duluth. That's just my opinion.

It's amazing how defensive Gopher fans are these days. You have a great team...enjoy the ride.
                      It's not a big deal. I don't really care. Although it was fun to have a UMD fan come in here and rip me and tell me in so many words that Minnesota didn't really win those two games.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        It's not a big deal. I don't really care. Although it was fun to have a UMD fan come in here and rip me and tell me in so many words that Minnesota didn't really win those two games.
                        Yeah, that's a little crazy too. Duluth is a very good squad as well and shouldn't get too worked up about the Gopher series.
                        North Dakota

Comment

If that's what you meant, fine...I've just never heard the term "box scores" used interchangeably with "head-to-head results".

One could argue that there is some defensiveness being exhibited and that it's not on my side of the exchange...is offering opinions or posing questions about peoples ranking out of bounds? I made it a point to say "not a big issue" because, well, it's not...apparently that wasn't enough...

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                            A Cornell fun who obviously knows jack crap about college hockey.
                            Based on what I see on USCHO and Minnesota's losses to Vermont, St. Cloud and Wisconsin, I don't think the #9 spot is that unreasonable. Maybe Lake Superior and B.C. should be lower if they start losing more, but I watched these teams last week and they look pretty strong even though they didn't have perfect games. Instead of attacking me personally, why don't you prove me wrong objectively?

Also, it's spelled "fan" and the phrase is "jack squat."
                            Let's Go Red!

Comment

Its NOT a toss-up... if you wanna say they're close, fine, but then tie goes to THE GUY WHO SWEPT THE OTHER GUY ON THE ROAD.

MN hasn't been consistent? I'd say other than the Friday Wisconsin game they haven't played a bad game since Sat. against Vermont. That's as consistent as it gets. Credit tUMD for going to Denver and walking out with 3 points (though without Brittain, that's not AS difficult, but still a good weekend). Other than that, there last three weekends have been: cupcake at home, cupcake at home, cupcake at home. Winning 8 out of 12 against UND, UW and SCSU is probably more impressive than winning 12 out of 12 from BSU, UAA and MSU-M when you never have to get on a bus.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                Its NOT a toss-up... if you wanna say they're close, fine, but then tie goes to THE GUY WHO SWEPT THE OTHER GUY ON THE ROAD.

MN hasn't been consistent? I'd say other than the Friday Wisconsin game they haven't played a bad game since Sat. against Vermont. That's as consistent as it gets. Credit tUMD for going to Denver and walking out with 3 points (though without Brittain, that's not AS difficult, but still a good weekend). Other than that, there last three weekends have been: cupcake at home, cupcake at home, cupcake at home. Winning 8 out of 12 against UND, UW and SCSU is probably more impressive than winning 12 out of 12 from BSU, UAA and MSU-M when you never have to get on a bus.

Look, the sue fans can't recognize good hockey now that the sue are battling it out with AA for last place in the wcha. BSU, really?
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X