PDA

View Full Version : MN @ MSU: tArrogance vs The Little Sister of Blue.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

goldy_331
11-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Battle of the HAWT coaches....... :)

Are either of these games on TV?

You should be hoping that Casey Hankinson is doing the color for the broadcast if you think tDon is hawt. ;)

Even though he's young enough to be your ... younger brother.

dxmnkd316
11-23-2011, 05:48 PM
You should be hoping that Casey Hankinson is doing the color for the broadcast if you think tDon is hawt. ;)

Even though he's young enough to be your ... younger brother.

Yeah but tDon has glorious hair. At least he did back in 02-04.

jerryj
11-25-2011, 10:24 AM
a sweep would be huge for the gophers pairwise come year end but id half expect a split this weekend. go gophs

The Rube
11-25-2011, 08:56 PM
MN got dominated for the first 15 minutes of the game, and for the rest of the game it was spotty. Patterson is directly to blame for at least 2 goals, and Marshall needs to get his head out of his arse when taking on a guy.

Congrats, MSU. You beat us tonight. Hope our 6-0 record on Saturdays carries over tomorrow night.

owslachief
11-25-2011, 11:36 PM
MN got dominated for the first 15 minutes of the game, and for the rest of the game it was spotty. Patterson is directly to blame for at least 2 goals, and Marshall needs to get his head out of his arse when taking on a guy.

Congrats, MSU. You beat us tonight. Hope our 6-0 record on Saturdays carries over tomorrow night.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the home team hold its own for the last 20 minutes after weathering the storm from about 15:00 of the first to the middle of the second period. Minnesota had about a zillion opportunities to capitalize on takeaways - some just forced bad passes and others with our defensive puck-movers simply getting schooled and having lunchmoney taken. But I'm sure Palmisano was just chomping at the bit to get a chance in net tonight and it showed. Spartans only got off 24 shots, but a lot of quality ones nonetheless.

I think there may be something to this Friday thing for the Gophers.

Hey what about the After Party, though huh? I turned my head and all of a sudden the visitors were off the ice. No attempt at a handshake line?

solovsfett
11-25-2011, 11:39 PM
In the WCHA teams shake hands at the end of the 2nd game of the series. at least that's the tradition.

Pirateasaurus
11-26-2011, 01:35 AM

That's actually exactly what i have been saying about the first period. The first 15 minutes were great for msu, then last 5, Minny made us look like a high school team.

I am quite pleased with our overall performance. Minnesota is clearly very good and skilled and it showed in the overall pace of the game. We were able to keep many Minnesota shots manageable for Palmisano and did a pretty good job generating scoring opportunities when they were available themselves.

I am excited we got at least one win, while missing 2 important guys no less. Minnesota is definitely the most skilled team i have seen us play so far. And it looks like we will be back to swapping goaltenders by the game again.

Greyeagle
11-26-2011, 08:50 AM
I really thought when MN came back and tie the game late in the first they would come out the 2nd and take control of the game. Well done by MSU to frustrate MN and capitalize on their chances for a very well earned win. I was most impressd with MSU's ability to keep MN from breaking out cleanly as well as their ability to clog the neutral zone, MN doesn't ajdust too well (or quickly) whent its D are pressured and MSU did a nice job of keeping them guessing.

BTW, MN's 2nd & 3rd lines were on my milk carton this morning. Has anyone seen them?

EDIT: Despite the chirping from MN's broadcast team I don't the NHL rink size did not have a major impact on MN's play, they have played well on non-Olympic sheets before this season. Methinks what did affect them is the small space behind the nets, MN's bread-n-butter breakout involves moving the puck from D to D behind the net to create time/space and having players on them quickly and the lack of passing lanes really limited MN in their zone. This is where MN's youth (and for some learning again how to be coached...) on the blue line really shows.

cross cheque
11-26-2011, 09:46 AM

I was under the impression that only the gophers could beat the gophers but now you're telling me MSU can accomplish that seemingly impossible feat?! I'm calling Schlossman this is big news!

The Rube
11-26-2011, 09:46 AM
I was under the impression that only the gophers could beat the gophers but now you're telling me MSU can accomplish that seemingly impossible feat?! I'm calling Schlossman this is big news!

Obsession.

Bakunin
11-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Go crawl back into the tubes where your team resides.

goldy_331
11-26-2011, 10:15 AM
I really thought when MN came back and tie the game late in the first they would come out the 2nd and take control of the game. Well done by MSU to frustrate MN and capitalize on their chances for a very well earned win. I was most impressd with MSU's ability to keep MN from breaking out cleanly as well as their ability to clog the neutral zone, MN doesn't ajdust too well (or quickly) whent its D are pressured and MSU did a nice job of keeping them guessing.

BTW, MN's 2nd & 3rd lines were on my milk carton this morning. Has anyone seen them?

EDIT: Despite the chirping from MN's broadcast team I don't the NHL rink size did not have a major impact on MN's play, they have played well on non-Olympic sheets before this season. Methinks what did affect them is the small space behind the nets, MN's bread-n-butter breakout involves moving the puck from D to D behind the net to create time/space and having players on them quickly and the lack of passing lanes really limited MN in their zone. This is where MN's youth (and for some learning again how to be coached...) on the blue line really shows.

What he said. Also, Patterson has bailed them out often this season, last night Patty let in a couple that he usually stops.

cross cheque
11-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Obsession.

Bahaha, see "UND is going down the tubes" thread. Kettle.

The Rube
11-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Bahaha, see "UND is going down the tubes" thread. Kettle.

You'll notice I haven't posted in there, moron.

Greyeagle
11-26-2011, 10:23 AM

Shhhhhh, he's on a roll....

The Rube
11-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Shhhhhh, he's on a roll....

He hasn't even begun to dig a hole yet. Of course, he has less points than his team right now...

Dirty
11-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Especially if you don't count this post (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?97660-UND-is-going-down-the-tubes.&p=5275155&viewfull=1#post5275155):

If we're playing the Sioux Game, then I submit, with your evidence, 2 > 0. Let's keep it in this century, at least.
or

this post (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?97660-UND-is-going-down-the-tubes.&p=5275160&viewfull=1#post5275160):

That would also work. And be more effective. :D

mariucci
11-26-2011, 11:36 AM

Well said...

And I hate to say it but Pattersons glove had lead in it last night, too much turkey perhaps..

cross cheque
11-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Especially if you don't count this post (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?97660-UND-is-going-down-the-tubes.&p=5275155&viewfull=1#post5275155):

or

this post (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?97660-UND-is-going-down-the-tubes.&p=5275160&viewfull=1#post5275160):

I've never actually shot fish in a barrel but I assume it's a lot like this.

The Rube
11-26-2011, 11:59 AM
That'll teach me to leave my computer unlocked around friends.