New Hampshire at Boston Universtiy Sat 11/19/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire at Boston Universtiy Sat 11/19/11

Rematch.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this one is not going to be another 5-0 game like we saw in early October.

Re: New Hampshire at Boston Universtiy Sat 11/19/11

UNH is still looking for their first road win of the season (0-3-2 I believe) while they are now 5-1-0 at home, and are riding a 7 game unbeaten streak (2nd longest in the nation). They'll be without a good forward after Speelman was taken out of the game last night after an awkward boarding hit (not dirty, just unfortunate) by a Lowell defenseman in the 2nd period. But top to bottom, they are getting balanced scoring from all 4 lines, and the very young defense is starting to put it together (4 freshmen essentially). DiGi will have to stand on his head, I think, to win one at Agganis, I think..

Comment

Despite winning 4-3 vs Vermont, Parker was highly critical of his team last night. Selfish seemed to be the optimum word. Jack never says anything without a purpose so my guess is that his remarks are supposed to be a motivational tool for tonight. His thinking might be that his boys wiped up UNH last time, that UNH has not won on the road this year so they will be easy pickings. I'm not a fan of Jack's public tongue lashings (something Umile would never do) but if he thinks that his team hasn't gotten the message that they have to play 60 minutes, maybe his remarks will do some good.

Of course, UNH is playing a he!! of a lot better than they did 6 weeks ago. I like the idea that they get some contributions from all four lines. And the d is playing much better than what they showed early on. I can see some glimpses of what TVR and Knodle can do in the future. The loss of Speelman will hurt (what's the nature of the injury BTW?) but I think UNH has enough to give BU not only a competitive game, but sneak out of Agganis with a win. Should be a good one.

Comment

If there's such a thing as a huge game in November, tonight might be it. Not sure we can take into consideration that first game of the year between these two. UNH is a completely different team at this point, and I would say so is BU.
        Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
        2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Working...
        X