X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

I'm hoping for a sweep this weekend, this team has to keep up the momentum at home. The crowds give them an enormous home rink advantage, and it is attracting new underclass fans, which could really help the program going forward.

Let's go Cats!
    We like it. May we have some more?

Comment

Just another travesty from the great leader walt kyle!!!!!

Comment

Right now, I suppose there's plenty of blame to go around with this current squad, especially with "bike-gate" and all the conspiracy theories floating around, and the 18-1/2 minute gap in the tapes, and all the cover up, and pretty soon Woodward and Bernstein. But I think Coach Kyle put a positive spin on last nights MSU game. See recap and interviews at the Mining Journal's sit http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5010 . And, aren't there 25 players on this team? I wasn't watching last nights game real close, but I see defensive breakdowns quite a bit--and not with the defensemen so much, but with wingers back-checking. Plus this team does not seem to do a very good job of transitioning out of their own zone. The first goal of the night by Krug--he was all alone on the weak side of a rush by MSU. Then just minutes later Kesti takes an elbowing penalty--not a good way to start a game. I missed the 36 second goal to start the 2nd period--how did that happen? NMU down by two right off the bat in the second period and then they don't score until late in the third period to move within one. They seem to be back on their heels and playing catch-up much of the time--that's tough to sustain throughout a season. They beat St. Cloud early in the season--and look at St. Cloud they've been a .500 club and then beat Minnesota last night. Like the Mining Journal says: "Puck luck not going the way of NMU hockey team".
        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I hope the Cats can end their drought tonight. Will be home with my little one watching it on TV. Last nights game NMU at least had more SOG... it is just too bad it wasn't a win.
          Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
            Totally agree.

Comment

Hey, guys in green, I get that losing sucks. I get that you're frustrated. Could you vent your frustration in such a way that it doesn't cost the team half of the top line against the No. 1 team in the country? Kthxbai.
              "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
              - Mark Twain

Comment

Could someone please explain why some of these players were on the ice tonight?

http://www.thenorthwindonline.com/?p=3862885
                "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
                  Could someone please explain why some of these players were on the ice tonight?

http://www.thenorthwindonline.com/?p=3862885
                  I would have to assume that the suspensions are staggered and not all at once. Unless the northwind was wrong and no suspensions have been handed down yet.
                  Last edited by Cat Country; 11-20-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                    I believe tonight's performance was a nice big F•CK YOU in your directionBWK.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Country View Post
                      I would have to assume that the suspensions are staggered and not all at once. Unless the northwind was wrong and no suspensions have been handed down yet.
                      Staggered suspensions? Might as well just forget about it all. Don't want punishments to impact the performance of the team at all

Anyways, can't really use not getting to play a shorthanded roster as an excuse. NMU was certainly the better team tonight and deserved the win, especially after having been struck by the most wretched rule in all of sports.

See y'all in january.

Comment

Can someone explain the 3rd NMU "Goal" to me? I was watching in a bar here in IL and didn't have audio.... Seems like we were the victim of a very quick whistle...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Can someone explain the 3rd NMU "Goal" to me? I was watching in a bar here in IL and didn't have audio.... Seems like we were the victim of a very quick whistle...
                          NMU shot it and it went five hole from my angle and just as the puck started to come out from under MSU's goalie they blew the whistle. I never actually heard the whistle due to cheering but it was going about medium speed through the goalie. So yes, very quick whistle.

Edit: I just watched the replay of it on FSN and the referee behind the play blew the play dead. The ref closest called it a goal. And I heard the whistle this time...and I still think it blew after it was in the net.
                          Last edited by Cat Country; 11-20-2011, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Good win for the cats last night. 1st time I got the opportunity to see them this year. Still scratching my head on the wave off on the third goal. I understand the ruling, but I just think it was ridiculous. Good thing it didn't cost us, Walt was about to burst a hair follicle.
                            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

The whistle blew after the puck went in the net. The intent was to blow it earlier, hence no goal. How you can decide exactly when that intent was, I honestly don't know.
                              Embrace the hate.

Comment

anyone know of an Online way to watch an FSN recap of the game? We went to the game, but I would love to see some of the goals and such again.
                                2004 Alumni. Season Ticket holder since 2004. Go Cats!

Comment

Working...
                                X