PDA

View Full Version : RPI @ RIT, Friday 11/25/11

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ralph Baer
11-15-2011, 08:09 PM
We don't play again until when? :eek:

DrDemento
11-15-2011, 08:57 PM
We have a lot of offensive problems to solve. Power play is just not as effective as it needs to be. Coaching has to step up and do whatever it takes. Adjustments have to be made during games, on the fly.

LtPowers
11-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Too soon! We've still got a pair against Holy Cross to deal with here. =)

Powers &8^]

Red Cloud
11-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Had been planning to go for the last six months or so.

Not going.

LtPowers
11-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Not going.

If you've never been to the Ritter, you're really missing out here...

Powers &8^]

ibanezist00
11-16-2011, 08:07 AM
This is the first extended period between games where I believe it will actually be useful to us for once. It's not just the players, either -- the entire team all around (coaching strategy, etc.) has some serious work to do. See my most recent post in the RPI thread for further thoughts...

I'm in the same boat, Red Cloud. Planned on going, now not going to bother. Doesn't make me a fairweather fan though :p

FlagDUDE08
11-16-2011, 08:08 AM
I was planning on going. I'll still go. It's still closer in distance than Troy. Do I need someone with bail money to come along? This is why I don't go to Cheel, and why I won't be going to Messa anymore...

Red Cloud
11-16-2011, 08:45 AM
If you've never been to the Ritter, you're really missing out here...

Yeah, I don't think so.

burgie12
11-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Do I need someone with bail money to come along?
Not even close. Just don't stand in the one specific corner.

FlagDUDE08
11-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Not even close. Just don't stand in the one specific corner.

OK, thanks. Heck, I (mistakenly) stood behind the students section at Appleton, but it was all good.

lugnut92
11-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Well, I'm still going to make the trip. It'll be fun to extend my repertoire of away arenas beyond the ECAC (and hopefully see a win).

TigerFan86-87
11-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Too soon! We've still got a pair against Holy Cross to deal with here. =)

Powers &8^]
Not an issue. They didn't start this thread for us.

Ralph Baer
11-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Not an issue. They didn't start this thread for us.

Actually the reason that I started this thread (and other weekly threads) was to faciliate interaction between the fans of the two schools. Otherwise we would just continue talking among ourselves, which I add, we do quite well. I did realize that RIT still had games this weekend, but I ignored that. :D

XCTiger
11-16-2011, 01:37 PM
We have a lot of offensive problems to solve. Power play is just not as effective as it needs to be. Coaching has to step up and do whatever it takes. Adjustments have to be made during games, on the fly.

So, you posting about RPI or RIT?:rolleyes:

Unfortunately these comments have covered the Tigers pretty well so far this season. 18 goals over 8 games, with 6 in 1 game against SLU, The last 2 games weren't too bad - 5 against Army and 3(1-eng) over Air Force. Offense took a hit this week when Bryan Potts (4g 1a) broke his patella. He'll be out a couple of months according to reports.

The PK has been improved killing 20+ until AFA put one in last week. They seem to be taking fewer penalties so far compared to last year. The D is improving and the return of Madolora in net after a 5 game NCAA clerical suspension from 3 years ago seems to have helped the overall team play.

Wish I could make it to the Ritter, but will have to catch it on the DVR after the holiday. The Ritter will likely be a little more tame with the students gone, but the heart of the corner crew will still be there.

Ralph Baer
11-16-2011, 01:48 PM
So, you posting about RPI or RIT?:rolleyes:

Unfortunately these comments have covered the Tigers pretty well so far this season. 18 goals over 8 games, with 6 in 1 game against SLU, The last 2 games weren't too bad - 5 against Army and 3(1-eng) over Air Force. Offense took a hit this week when Bryan Potts (4g 1a) broke his patella. He'll be out a couple of months according to reports.

The PK has been improved killing 20+ until AFA put one in last week. They seem to be taking fewer penalties so far compared to last year. The D is improving and the return of Madolora in net after a 5 game NCAA clerical suspension from 3 years ago seems to have helped the overall team play.

Wish I could make it to the Ritter, but will have to catch it on the DVR after the holiday. The Ritter will likely be a little more tame with the students gone, but the heart of the corner crew will still be there.

18 goals in 8 games (2.25 GPG) is a lot better than 11 goals in 12 games (0.92 GPG), granted that RPI's schedule has been more difficult.

komey1
11-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I don't think so.

To be fair, the atmospher at RIT probably won't be quite up to standards with students on break. But I would agree that you would be missing out if they were there. It's essentially the Lynah Rink of the AHA. Unfortunately, the only time I made it to Lynah the students were on break so I didn't get quite the experience.

komey1
11-16-2011, 03:32 PM
18 goals in 8 games (2.25 GPG) is a lot better than 11 goals in 12 games (0.92 GPG), granted that RPI's schedule has been more difficult.

It would be funny with the way these offenses are playing we get a 10-7 game.

LtPowers
11-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I don't think so.

Why not?

Powers &8^]

Ralph Baer
11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
It would be funny with the way these offenses are playing we get a 10-7 game.

Well, RPI's coach could probably be convinced to play the entire game without goalies. :D

FlagDUDE08
11-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Ralph, I think you forgot that incredibly annoying thread title crap that RIT does. :rolleyes::D