• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ RIT, Friday 11/25/11

We don't play again until when?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ RIT, Friday 11/25/11

We have a lot of offensive problems to solve. Power play is just not as effective as it needs to be. Coaching has to step up and do whatever it takes. Adjustments have to be made during games, on the fly.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Too soon! We've still got a pair against Holy Cross to deal with here. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Had been planning to go for the last six months or so.

Not going.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Not going.
          If you've never been to the Ritter, you're really missing out here...

Powers &8^]

Comment

This is the first extended period between games where I believe it will actually be useful to us for once. It's not just the players, either -- the entire team all around (coaching strategy, etc.) has some serious work to do. See my most recent post in the RPI thread for further thoughts...

I'm in the same boat, Red Cloud. Planned on going, now not going to bother. Doesn't make me a fairweather fan though
            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

I was planning on going. I'll still go. It's still closer in distance than Troy. Do I need someone with bail money to come along? This is why I don't go to Cheel, and why I won't be going to Messa anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                If you've never been to the Ritter, you're really missing out here...
                Yeah, I don't think so.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Do I need someone with bail money to come along?
                  Not even close. Just don't stand in the one specific corner.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    Not even close. Just don't stand in the one specific corner.
                    OK, thanks. Heck, I (mistakenly) stood behind the students section at Appleton, but it was all good.

Comment

Well, I'm still going to make the trip. It'll be fun to extend my repertoire of away arenas beyond the ECAC (and hopefully see a win).
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        Too soon! We've still got a pair against Holy Cross to deal with here. =)

Powers &8^]
                        Not an issue. They didn't start this thread for us.
                        Can't we all just get along?
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                          Not an issue. They didn't start this thread for us.
                          Actually the reason that I started this thread (and other weekly threads) was to faciliate interaction between the fans of the two schools. Otherwise we would just continue talking among ourselves, which I add, we do quite well. I did realize that RIT still had games this weekend, but I ignored that.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            We have a lot of offensive problems to solve. Power play is just not as effective as it needs to be. Coaching has to step up and do whatever it takes. Adjustments have to be made during games, on the fly.
                            So, you posting about RPI or RIT?

Unfortunately these comments have covered the Tigers pretty well so far this season. 18 goals over 8 games, with 6 in 1 game against SLU, The last 2 games weren't too bad - 5 against Army and 3(1-eng) over Air Force. Offense took a hit this week when Bryan Potts (4g 1a) broke his patella. He'll be out a couple of months according to reports.

The PK has been improved killing 20+ until AFA put one in last week. They seem to be taking fewer penalties so far compared to last year. The D is improving and the return of Madolora in net after a 5 game NCAA clerical suspension from 3 years ago seems to have helped the overall team play.

Wish I could make it to the Ritter, but will have to catch it on the DVR after the holiday. The Ritter will likely be a little more tame with the students gone, but the heart of the corner crew will still be there.
                            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                            NCAA DII - 1983
                            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                              So, you posting about RPI or RIT?

Unfortunately these comments have covered the Tigers pretty well so far this season. 18 goals over 8 games, with 6 in 1 game against SLU, The last 2 games weren't too bad - 5 against Army and 3(1-eng) over Air Force. Offense took a hit this week when Bryan Potts (4g 1a) broke his patella. He'll be out a couple of months according to reports.

The PK has been improved killing 20+ until AFA put one in last week. They seem to be taking fewer penalties so far compared to last year. The D is improving and the return of Madolora in net after a 5 game NCAA clerical suspension from 3 years ago seems to have helped the overall team play.

Wish I could make it to the Ritter, but will have to catch it on the DVR after the holiday. The Ritter will likely be a little more tame with the students gone, but the heart of the corner crew will still be there.
                              18 goals in 8 games (2.25 GPG) is a lot better than 11 goals in 12 games (0.92 GPG), granted that RPI's schedule has been more difficult.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X