LF Foresters 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF Foresters 2011-12

LF gets a new coach, who comes from a respected program. I imagine he wants to build the program up, to where it was in the 90's. I saw them play vs. Concordia and Marian. Marian was stronger, but LF stayed right with them, and outshot them. The game was tied 1-1 at the end of 2. They lost 3-1. I see them vs Concordia who is not good at all. They out play them and outshoot them. LF wins at home, but falls on the road. There is no doubt that LF is a better team than there record shows at 1-3. They have some pretty good freshman they brought in also. I imagine with the rink improvements and new sports center that will only benefit them also. What has happened to Forester hockey? What are anyones thouhts/comments?

Re: LF Foresters 2011-12

I'll give you my assessment on Lake Forest after I get a look at them this weekend.

Comment

Too early to say for sure. I think you will have a better sense of them after they play Finlandia, Northland and Lawrence.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
        Too early to say for sure. I think you will have a better sense of them after they play Finlandia, Northland and Lawrence.
        They play Northland and Finlandia in mid-January, and Lawrence is their last 2 games of the regular season. How they do on their Holiday trip to the east coast against Amherst, Trinity, and Salve Regina will be a sooner measure. Also, how they handle back to back series with Adrian and MSOE, prior to that trip, will test their mental strength and resolve.

With all the change and turmoil over the past 2 seasons at LFC the process will take time. McKelvie is very capable, and bringing in 2 local boys like McAloon and Martinez was a good move. It may help in getting some of the local talent to go to LFC instead of elsewhere. Lately, many of the locals have been taking a pass on LFC . Just this year Lawrence picked up three, and others have recently gone to Colby, Nichols, Becker and other eastern destinations.
        2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
        THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Originally posted by MW49 View Post
          They play Northland and Finlandia in mid-January, and Lawrence is their last 2 games of the regular season. How they do on their Holiday trip to the east coast against Amherst, Trinity, and Salve Regina will be a sooner measure. Also, how they handle back to back series with Adrian and MSOE, prior to that trip, will test their mental strength and resolve.

With all the change and turmoil over the past 2 seasons at LFC the process will take time. McKelvie is very capable, and bringing in 2 local boys like McAloon and Martinez was a good move. It may help in getting some of the local talent to go to LFC instead of elsewhere. Lately, many of the locals have been taking a pass on LFC . Just this year Lawrence picked up three, and others have recently gone to Colby, Nichols, Becker and other eastern destinations.
          Hopefully Mckelvie will get the program heading in the right direction and score some recruits from his own back yard.

Comment

What happened to the Borowski kid from MA. He is a pretty solid player?

Comment

All good raised points....here are a couple.

Hockeyrocks55, are you a former member of the former LFC JV?

As for local kids, they were brought in by the former coach, especially the forward from Illinois.

Borowski was an ok player, tough but 3/4 line, he was one of Gregory's boys from the eastcoast.

Forecast, 3rd in the south, out first round of the play-offs, period!

Comment

Check the D-III front page. There's a feature column on LF published today.
                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Some quick thoughts from what I saw this weekend....

There's some pieces there, but there's some serious work that needs to be done. Nice size, but puck handling is an issue, and at times they play like they're strangers to each other. Oh, and Lake Forest has serious goaltending issues. Marc Stuart has horrific problems with puck control. Friday night was 4-0 after 1, and it probably should have been 6-0 due to a couple really bad rebounds he gave up. If Erney can't beat him out, it's going to be a long season, and a quick postseason.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

My take is a little different.
                    I don't think goaltending is their biggest problem right now.
                    Lake Forest are a hard working team and in my opinion well coached. They came out flying and physical on Saturday. They had several excellent scoring chances early in both games and and failed to convert. They seemed to lack confidence and chemistry in the offensive zone. Considering the number of new players to the program and line combinations being tried, they just haven't found a unit that can score....."YET". With the effort they put forth, and had they scored early, things might have been different. Adrian were able to gain momentum from their goals and Lake Forest began to wilt.

It's still early and if they can find a comination that clicks they will improve this year.....and beyond.

Comment

i ma just a fan who has been following the team for a few years.....i agree that if they get some chemistry going, they will progress. the illinois kid mcaloon is very good from the NAHL. also, i feel they will excel out east, should go 2-1 maybe, losing to amherst. They should build a new rink maybe, or continue renovations, but not much information is avalible on the process. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyrocks55 View Post
                        i ma just a fan who has been following the team for a few years.....i agree that if they get some chemistry going, they will progress. the illinois kid mcaloon is very good from the NAHL. also, i feel they will excel out east, should go 2-1 maybe, losing to amherst. They should build a new rink maybe, or continue renovations, but not much information is avalible on the process. Any thoughts?
                        I have a hard time believing that Lake will build a new rink on their campus in this economic climate, unless they have very, very strong alumni backing. They could, however, continue to renovate their existing rink. The majority of MCHA schools do not have on-campus rinks. I believe that Lake, Adrian and MSOE are currently the only ones. So, I don't think that facilities are holding Lake back. If anything has held Lake back, it is having three different head coaches over the last three years. McKelvie will turn Lake around, it just isn't going to happen this season or even next. He needs time to recruit and to stabilize the program to prevent massive roster turnover. With both NAHL and USHL teams based out of metro Chicago, I expect McKelvie to be able to recruit very hard.

Comment

Working...
                        X