Ohio State At Michigan Round 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State At Michigan Round 1!

The Young and streaking Buckeyes take that trip to AA this coming weekend to take on the Wolverines. I am excited for this series, ohio state is playing very well right now they havent lost since Oct 20 at Michigan state. The young guys have really adjusted to the College game very well after a slow start in the first month of the season. Heeter has been a rock in net just like he has been for his whole career. This series has all the makings of a great one and should be a spilt which is what the buckeyes have done in each of the road series they have played in conference.

Re: Ohio State At Michigan Round 1!

Klbaum1077 ... A split this weekend in AA is fine with me, especially with Michigan coming off a sweep down at Miami. You know they are going to come out and play some inspired hockey this weekend. Plus, we'll be coming into AA in first place. Michigan would love to be responsible for knocking us out of that spot. Having said that, though, I am sure Coach Oz will have our guys fired up for this series, too!

Comment

I've watched us win at Yost but it's one of the hardest venues to do so. The fans are packed close together and are very organized and keep their team encouraged and motivated. Michigan's hockey team has been in existence for 90 years and a lot of pride goes with that. A win there is a quality win.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I've watched us win at Yost but it's one of the hardest venues to do so. The fans are packed close together and are very organized and keep their team encouraged and motivated. Michigan's hockey team has been in existence for 90 years and a lot of pride goes with that. A win there is a quality win.
        I believe the Buckeyes have won only 3 games in that building against michigan since 1989, ive seen 2 of them so i consider myself pretty lucky. That place can be pretty brutal on opponents you have to score first and take the crowd and students out of the game. Give up the first goal especially early in the game and your night becomes even tougher.

Comment

This series will be a good test for the young BUCKEYES. Go Bucks Go.
          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            I believe the Buckeyes have won only 3 games in that building against michigan since 1989, ive seen 2 of them so i consider myself pretty lucky. That place can be pretty brutal on opponents you have to score first and take the crowd and students out of the game. Give up the first goal especially early in the game and your night becomes even tougher.
            Does that include the NCAA Regional in 1998 where OSU beat Michigan State. Most of the Michigan fans were rooting for the Buckeyes in that one. (Lesser of two evils, I believe. At least in hockey.)
            Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
              Does that include the NCAA Regional in 1998 where OSU beat Michigan State. Most of the Michigan fans were rooting for the Buckeyes in that one. (Lesser of two evils, I believe. At least in hockey.)
              no that does not include those 2 wins

Comment

no that does not include those 2 wins
                Did you make it up for those?
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Did you make it up for those?
                  No I didnt drive back then so i couldnt make it. Wish i could have been there to witness one of the greatest wins in ohio state hockey history.

Comment

cant believe how quiet it is in here this week!

Comment

No I didnt drive back then so i couldnt make it. Wish i could have been there to witness one of the greatest wins in ohio state hockey history.
                      Wish I would have made the trek to AA for that one, too!

Comment

I have Michigan and Ohio St coworkers who discuss Football and B-ball far too much. Trying to get them into hockey. Either of these games on channels we can get in MN? Or online? Thanks.

Comment

that was my verry first rgional ever @ yost and i was rooting for msu
                          96/98 ncaa champsmeechigan wolves stanley cup chanpions the detroit red wings nd the detroit ****tons

Comment

2-1 Win for the Bucks! Good thing we have Heeter otherwise all the power plays we gave Michigan could have cost us the game!

Comment

With the win tonight we tie Notre Dame for first place in the conference. Lake Superior has non conference games this weekend so they won't be a factor, Notre Dame also in a non conference game but will play Western in another Tuesday game. A Ohio State loss tomorrow could put Ferris ahead of us if they sweep at Alaska. Opinion has been that a split is satisfactory on the road but I now say heck with that, lets go Bucks and sweep Michigan on their home ice and send a message!
                              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-18-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X