X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I deal in reality ....
    1-800-reality??

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      He's obviously exaggerating for effect, but the fact is Corey's apparent alcohol problem is FAR from being an isolated scenario on a college campus, especially among of-age seniors.
      Unless you're at BYU where you can get tossed for drinking tea.
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
        2) I think chickod makes a pretty solid statement there. it's even short so some people on this board can enjoy it. I think "Trivino didn't think Parker would do it" is pretty blatantly obvious. Next to "I think you respond to this" and "My butt is itchy." All pretty self-explanatory remarks.
        Hey, more great insight. I know what the simple statement means. What I don't understand is the reasoning behind it. I'd like the poster, not you, to expound on what they meant. Let me get back to my pipe and New Yorker magazine...did I get that right?

You've gotta be kidding me.... ACTUAL hockey talk? Why would someone do such a thing right now?
        Ya! Because there's no other recent events worth talking about...

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        If Trivino didn't think he needed help, but Parker forced him to go to a program as a condition of playing for the team, what's to stop the guy from attending the meetings but continuing to drink?
        Valid question. I am not being dismissive of this. But it also doesn't mean that it couldn't have helped him once he actually showed up for it.

I doubt he was getting lit up in front of Parker in the first place.
        I don't think anyone suggested he was pulling a Brendan Walsh...

Not much more the coach can do.
        We can agree to disagree and everyone can move on (maybe not Humanoid though).

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          He's obviously exaggerating for effect, but the fact is Corey's apparent alcohol problem is FAR from being an isolated scenario on a college campus, especially among of-age seniors.
          I think he was completely serious. That's why I think he's a moron. Not every college student has a problem and Trivino isn't the only one with a problem. I won't go any deeper than that as I don't have any statistics to go off.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I think he was completely serious. That's why I think he's a moron. Not every college student has a problem and Trivino isn't the only one with a problem. I won't go any deeper than that as I don't have any statistics to go off.
            No I really was exaggerating. But you are a moron.

And for the record, answer me this. Do you have an actual seat that was once occupied by Mortimer or Randolph Duke?

"Billy Ray!!! Looking good!"
            "Feeling good Louis!"

Your new name is Louis Winthorpe III to me.

Thank you for providing me with entertainment throughout this very dull work Wednesday. You're too much.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Any word by the way on how the lines will change with Trivino out?

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                So..... anyone making the trip out to Notre Dame? It's on Versus, so that sealed the deal for me not to go.
                I was out there a couple of weeks ago and had a helluva time (above and beyond the game scores). South Bend is actually a pretty cool place. There's a Marriott and a Fairfield Inn at Eddy St. Commons, directly across the street from Compton, which by itself is pretty impressive. Plenty of estblishments to patronize along Eddy St. Studebaker Museum is a must if you're old enough to know what a Studebaker was.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Humanoid, go pick up your meds.

Comment

Humanoid, go pick up your meds.
                    Would you like me to take the red pill or the blue pill, Morpheus?

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Would you like me to take the red pill or the blue pill, Morpheus?
                      Ok i'll stop now. Seriously. I apologize to everyone whose board viewing I've ruined today.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Not that this makes any sense, but I didn't expect an intelligent retort from you. You surely didn't disappoint.

Man alive, you love doing this. You love making things way more complicated than they need to be. Parker didn't make any official diagnosis. He simply gave an opinion of thinking Trivino has a drinking problem. After a 3rd alcohol related offense, there would be no lawyers involved if a player was simply kicked off the team, so there would be no lawyers involved if a player was given an OPTION of staying on the team by seeking help. That is not against the law.

Really, he can't tell the parents anything? Wasn't it reported that he called Trivino's parents?
                        The real world is complicated. It's why the instruction manual for your toaster is 30 pages long and tells you not to use it plugged in while in the bathtub.

Initially, you make my point for me, Parker can't make a diagnosis, so he can't declare somebody has a drinking problem...you are right, he can offer an opinion. Are you suggesting he kick a player off the team and revoke his scholarship because, in his opinion, the kid has a drinking problem? He probably could try, and may be successful. The university lawyer would likely recommend he not go out on that limb. If they have a rule that says 3 school related drinking offenses and you are kicked off a team, then he could have done that provided the rule is applied equally across all players. He can't make it up on the fly for each kid.

As for the law, if you think all lawsuits are related to what is, and isn't, against the law, you need to get out more.

And yes, really, there are specific laws regarding what a school or adminstrator can or can't disclose to parents. Ask any college parent if they can call up the school and get a copy of grades, a summary of dorm infractions etc. faxed to them. Doesn't matter if you pay the whole boat in cash, you can't get the info without the student's approval. In an emergency certain of the rules can be bypassed. If you live in alaska and your kid goes to Miami, there can be accommodations made. Otherwise, parental access to all academic, disciplinary etc. type 'educational records' are subject to written approval from the student, even if they are Doogie Howser.

Parker can call parents, sure, and he may disclose a lot of info that a lawyer would suggest not be communicated. If Trivino violated a specific campus code of conduct while using drugs or alcohol it can disclosed, but isn't required to be communicated. Getting drunk a lot wouldn't be a violation of a school code of conduct per se (especially if you are over 21), streaking through the quad (and getting caught) would be.

I'm not saying I agree with that, but it is the case.

Thank the ABA.
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                          The real world is complicated. It's why the instruction manual for your toaster is 30 pages long and tells you not to use it plugged in while in the bathtub.

Initially, you make my point for me, Parker can't make a diagnosis, so he can't declare somebody has a drinking problem...you are right, he can offer an opinion. Are you suggesting he kick a player off the team and revoke his scholarship because, in his opinion, the kid has a drinking problem? He probably could try, and may be successful. The university lawyer would likely recommend he not go out on that limb. If they have a rule that says 3 school related drinking offenses and you are kicked off a team, then he could have done that provided the rule is applied equally across all players. He can't make it up on the fly for each kid.

As for the law, if you think all lawsuits are related to what is, and isn't, against the law, you need to get out more.

And yes, really, there are specific laws regarding what a school or adminstrator can or can't disclose to parents. Ask any college parent if they can call up the school and get a copy of grades, a summary of dorm infractions etc. faxed to them. Doesn't matter if you pay the whole boat in cash, you can't get the info without the student's approval. In an emergency certain of the rules can be bypassed. If you live in alaska and your kid goes to Miami, there can be accommodations made. Otherwise, parental access to all academic, disciplinary etc. type 'educational records' are subject to written approval from the student, even if they are Doogie Howser.

Parker can call parents, sure, and he may disclose a lot of info that a lawyer would suggest not be communicated. If Trivino violated a specific campus code of conduct while using drugs or alcohol it can disclosed, but isn't required to be communicated. Getting drunk a lot wouldn't be a violation of a school code of conduct per se (especially if you are over 21), streaking through the quad (and getting caught) would be.

I'm not saying I agree with that, but it is the case.

Thank the ABA.
                          Is BU a wet campus? If it's dry, then drinking is outlawed on all grounds (I experienced that at UMass, which was a "dry campus"....even though clearly UMass students are soaking in suds as much as possible), and the information is sent home in the event of an infraction. But if the campus allows for of-age drinking, then you're right... a school can't do squat to send that information home.

At least in this case. And yes, while someone might think that's unintelligent, that's drawing off two schools' direct by-laws.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            He cant tell the parents but he can tell the school paper?

Cant kick off for several drinking violations or suspend for such, OR make sit out until he does but can toss Glass for not telling someone he wasnt going to an optional work out?

Ok

Any chance one of those events took place after the police arrested him, it was public information and the kid was no longer a player/student?

Any chance the laws protecting student privacy could only apply to students and also not apply to public records?
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

I don't think Parker talked about school violations. He talked about team violations. Team violations are probably not covered by the school violation section.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                                I don't think Parker talked about school violations. He talked about team violations. Team violations are probably not covered by the school violation section.
                                I just assumed they were the same. Or at least very similar.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Working...
                                X