X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    BTW, Trivino had to surrender his passport, right? Where is he currently staying? At BU? Can't go home to Toronto...
    Def not BU. Read somewhere he can't be close to the dorms/campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
      Def not BU. Read somewhere he can't be close to the dorms/campus.
      Hotel till his next court date in January? Ouch...

Comment

Perfectly is too strong for me, but hey, that's your opinion. And if Parker booted someone for three alcohol related incidents, I would not be saying "he can't relate to his players". I don't even think I've ever said those exact words.
        Fair enough, I'll edit "perfectly" to "very well".

Ha, no, you're definitely misunderstanding me. I'm saying after the third incident, Parker could have demanded Trivino get help or else he wouldn't play going forward. Parker only suggested it and Trivino said no.
        But what you, Salvo and others are not understanding, is that unless Trivino accepted that he needed help, then that "help" would not have been helpful. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Sounds like after the first there was some internal non published punishment, after the second he was suspended, then after the third (which we were told was minor) he was told that he needed help and there were zero more chances. Its a bummer that the fourth was this extreme of an offense, and not just that he missed practice because he was too hungover.

Comment

I believe, based on a former BU player who now plays for another team in the city's twitter, he may be staying there.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            If he had been kicked off the team earlier, you, JD and others would have been on here talking about how Parker can't relate to his players.

From everything I've read, over the long term, Parker handled the situation perfectly.
            Not in the slightest, I am a big proponent for swift discipline by coaches. While I don't agree he handled the situation perfectly, I take more issue with the BU administration than Parker as a coach.
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Hope the rest of the team can get through this and realize the season is not lost. Still a lot of talent and a lot of room for other players to step up *cough Connolly *cough.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                Hope the rest of the team can get through this and realize the season is not lost. Still a lot of talent and a lot of room for other players to step up *cough Connolly *cough.
                No doubt...

What do you project for lines? Both long term and for the ND and MC games while Coyle and Clandenning are gone?

Comment

If anyone wants to read something not related to Corey Trivino and actually somewhat positive about BU hockey, we sat down with Sahir Gil yesterday and he had some pretty funny stuff to say including taking shots at the freshman and MacGregor and talking about Escobedo and Parker talking NY-Boston trash
                  GO BU

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    No doubt...

What do you project for lines? Both long term and for the ND and MC games while Coyle and Clandenning are gone?
                    Assuming both Coyle and Clendening make the US WJC team, I think the lineup for the ND and MC games could be:

Connolly - Gill - Chiasson
                    Nieto - Hohmann - Rodrigues
                    Megan - Gaudet - Cisse
                    Courtnall - Rosen - Gilroy/Santana (if healthy)

Escobedo - Privitera
                    Nicastro - Ruikka
                    Noonan - Macgregor

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      No doubt...

Connolly-Gill-Chiasson
                      Nieto-Coyle-Cisse
                      Megan-Hohmann-Rodrigues
                      Courtnall-Rosen-Gaudet

For WJC games, I can see
                      Connolly-Gill-Chiasson
                      Nieto-Hohmann-Cisse
                      Megan-Gaudet-Rodrigues
                      Courtnall-Rosen-Gilroy (Santana?)

These are just guesses and lines that I could see playing well. There are other very feasible combos.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                        One, lets not congratulate grown-ups for doing the right thing.
                        Why not? It's what they were supposed to do, yes. So good on them for doing it. We're not lumping high praise on them for it, just a relief for once.

Second, and again, this was before more information came out, what was done to maybe help this kid who had prior alcohol related incidents that may have helped this situation from every happening in the first place?
                        Can't really say. Basically Corey realizing he had a problem was the only thing that could have helped. Parker and his teammates could have tried to force him into getting help, but unless Corey believed he needed that help it wasn't going to accomplish anything. He could have been suspended again, but according to Parker that hasn't stopped him in the past. Unfortunately I feel like something terrible had to happen for him to realize the severity of the situation.
                        Boston University 2009 Champs
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Compare and contrast the following dismissals and non-dismissals from BU hockey:

1. John Sabo
                          2. Andy Glass
                          3. Corey Trivino

I'll leave Bartlett, Klema, and the rest out of it for now.

going back a ways:

Lappins

Paul Miller
                          Todd Johnson
                          Bruce Milton
                          LaCouture

all left because of Parker
                          Last edited by Jofa; 12-13-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                            going back a ways:

Lappins

Paul Miller
                            Todd Johnson
                            Bruce Milton
                            LaCouture

all left because of Parker
                            i thought dan lacouture was chris bourque before chris bourque was cool...
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Glad to see that JackPa considers whatever Trivino did to be as serious as missing an optional team workout and not just a minor thing like nearly beating a guy to death. Personally, I think that if he knew of Trivino's drinking problem and did nothing to get him help, there's blood on his hands too.

I'll be the list that Nick and Jofa are putting together can reach the top of the Hancock tower.
                              1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                You’re proud of the school, cops and Parker for doing what they are paid to do? You should be proud of the kids who bust their *** on the ice and are good students in school that don’t get into trouble.
                                Sheesh! It would be more convenient for the school and Parker to keep this quiet (if they even could.) While I'm no fan of JP, if the Boston Hockey Blog story posted below is accurate, I applaud the way he handled Trivino throughout his troublesome career at BU. Put the responsibility on the player's shoulders, and make him aware of the consequences in advance. (I was also struck by Parker's prediction that there would be another incident.)

I don't feel at all bad for Trivino. If he has any character at all he will eventually get beyond his present difficulties and recognize that he has a problem (Parker alluded to a sense of denial expressed by Trivino when a suggestion to seek help was made) and make the needed changes in his life (I suspect the court will have something to say vis a vis mandated treatment.) He's a young man, and can change if he is willing to accept the challenge. It's entirely possible for him to get out of this incident with minimal consequences and a chance for a new start, and I suspect that he will still have a career in professional hockey of some duration and at some level. It could be worse.

As despicable an act as attempting to force another human being to have sex is, he didn't kill someone while driving drunk, as Craig MacTavish (a UML star) did in the '80's when he played for the Bruins. No matter Trivino's eventual punishment, nothing could be worse than to look at himself in the mirror each day and see the face of a murderer.

Assuming the alleged victim's version of the story is true, I feel much more bad for her in terms of the trauma she may have suffered, and wish her the best in recovering from this attack.
                                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X