X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Didn't he have the players fill out a survey a couple of years ago?
    slurpees gets butthurt when anyone mentions parker. you cant expect honesty out of him. it was most recently just last year angry jack did the survey, part of his excuse for kicking glass off the team was that he rated himself too highly among the forwards. oh the horror.

edit: slurpees would check off #8 on the survey. lol.
    Last edited by SteveF; 11-18-2011, 07:29 AM.
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      slurpees gets butthurt when anyone mentions parker. you cant expect honesty out of him. it was most recently just last year angry jack did the survey, part of his excuse for kicking glass off the team was that he rated himself too highly among the forwards. oh the horror.

edit: slurpees would check off #8 on the survey. lol.
      actually, i just didn't remember his survey, but thanks anyways.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
        slurpees gets butthurt when anyone mentions parker. You cant expect honesty out of him. It was most recently just last year angry jack did the survey, part of his excuse for kicking glass off the team was that he rated himself too highly among the forwards. Oh the horror.

Edit: Slurpees would check off #8 on the survey. Lol.
        Excellent

Comment

Originally posted by reBlur View Post
          Details here. Apparently it's really confusing for them when a coach says something like "don't skip class or else I'll bench you," and then the player skips class and the coach benches him.
          Doesn't every professor have their own attendance policy? I know my professors had different ones and some never took attendance at all.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Doesn't every professor have their own attendance policy? I know my professors had different ones and some never took attendance at all.
            Yeah, most do, some departments at BU have their own policies, but I'm guessing the one he violated is a team class attendance policy. I'm in agreement with Parker here, and it's good to see he's holding the kids to the rules with their academics as well.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              Didn't he have the players fill out a survey a couple of years ago?
              That's the weird part, no other organization in the world ever has people fill out self assessments. I can't believe he invented this while also coaching a hockey team.
              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                That's the weird part, no other organization in the world ever has people fill out self assessments. I can't believe he invented this while also coaching a hockey team.
                Cut the guy some slack (claver). You can't blame him for wanting to hang out here. Where's he gonna go, the Chestnut Hill Mall?
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Here's hoping for (and expecting) a strong effort from the Terriers tonight. I think they will ride high after last weeks thumping of BC.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Did our boys go into the prevent shell in the 3rd? ? ?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      A little bit yeah it looked like they switched a bit to the prevent defense. The too many men on the ice penalty with 3 something to go didn't help and made the game feel closer at the end than it really felt for the rest of the game. 2nd Vermont goal was kind of a softie. Seemed like it took the boys a few minutes to get going. All in all a good effort I thought. They got the job done.

Gonna need to step it up a bit tomorrow night.

I'm guessing we will see Millan again tomorrow? (I was surprised to see him dressed... dosen't "benched" usually equal not dressed? ..... although I suppose that definition is different for the goalies).

Comment

A win is a win. One of the most boring one goal games I've seen.
                        Forgot how bad Sneddon's dump and s#+* system is to watch. Reminded me of that HE QF series a few years ago that went to OT in the third game. UVM had Mitchell and V. Stahlberg on the same line and refused to send more than 1 guy into the offensive zone with a one goal lead in the 3d and in OT. Not surprising it was to see BU tie it and win in OT.
                        Both Stahlberg and Mitchell have gone on to solid pro careers, uninhibited by this god-awful system that plays not to lose.
                        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          (I was surprised to see him dressed... dosen't "benched" usually equal not dressed? ..... although I suppose that definition is different for the goalies).
                          I thought the same thing, but I guess with goaltenders you only have three on the roster, so if something terrible happened to two of them you'd be screwed. I'm guessing if he were a position player he wouldn't have dressed.
                          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Yeah Parker was upset.
                            http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                              A win is a win. One of the most boring one goal games I've seen.
                              Forgot how bad Sneddon's dump and s#+* system is to watch. Reminded me of that HE QF series a few years ago that went to OT in the third game. UVM had Mitchell and V. Stahlberg on the same line and refused to send more than 1 guy into the offensive zone with a one goal lead in the 3d and in OT. Not surprising it was to see BU tie it and win in OT.
                              Both Stahlberg and Mitchell have gone on to solid pro careers, uninhibited by this god-awful system that plays not to lose.
                              Vermont has a great hockey barn and very enthusiastic, friendly fans.
                              But they are the Hockey East team I am normally least interested in watching. They are boring when they are good (2008-09), and they are boring when they are bad (now).

BU clearly took the foot off of the pedal, and instead of putting the game away, they played down to the level of their competition (again) and made it closer than it should have been.

Did anyone see Sneddon punching the boards in front of his bench when he didn't get an icing call with about five seconds left? It was a bad non-call, but seeing hom punching the boards was a bizarre reaction.

The nice folks up in Burlington are in a for a long winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                                Vermont has a great hockey barn and very enthusiastic, friendly fans.
                                But they are the Hockey East team I am normally least interested in watching. They are boring when they are good (2008-09), and they are boring when they are bad (now).

BU clearly took the foot off of the pedal, and instead of putting the game away, they played down to the level of their competition (again) and made it closer than it should have been.

Did anyone see Sneddon punching the boards in front of his bench when he didn't get an icing call with about five seconds left? It was a bad non-call, but seeing hom punching the boards was a bizarre reaction.

The nice folks up in Burlington are in a for a long winter.
                                He was right to yell at the ref for not making a call, that was the mistake he made - he didn't waive it off or call it icing. He watched the puck cross the line, and made no signal, forcing the UVM players into understandable confusion. That said, the correct call would've been to waive it off as the UVM player clearly stopped skating and could've easily caught up to the puck. He was only a few feet behind it when the no-call was made.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X