X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by sw09 View Post
    Genius move.

At any rate, glad to see Parker moving quickly on this, hope the BU judicial process and MA judicial process will be as decisive.
    The BU judicial process is anything but swift. I suspect if they find that what is stated in the police report is true, he'll likely be expelled, but that would take some time since they have to do a full investigation on their own, including interviewing the victim, any witnesses, etc.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      I read he is in Met. That's like an open enrollment night school. You (or anyone else) can go over tomorrow and enroll in classes. Your degree from met even has MET COLLEGE printed on it so people who see it don't get it confused with BU proper.
      Shouldn't a student-athlete be matriculated in "BU proper?"
      #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
        Shouldn't a student-athlete be matriculated in "BU proper?"
        That's kinda what I was getting at...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Wonder if it's a common choice amongst the players/athletes...
          Yah, I wonder....

Lookit, you get out of any education what you put into it. So I'm not belittling anyone's effort with a blanket. But a degree in economics from cas is not the same as an Econ degree from met.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            I read he is in Met. That's like an open enrollment night school. You (or anyone else) can go over tomorrow and enroll in classes. Your degree from met even has MET COLLEGE printed on it so people who see it don't get it confused with BU proper.
            How can he play hockey for BU if his degree is going to be from the "MET"?
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Because he is going to BU. MET is one of the schools and colleges that make up Boston University.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                How can he play hockey for BU if his degree is going to be from the "MET"?
                I'd have to check my diploma but am guessing it says something like

Boston University
                College of Arts and Sciences

Betting a diploma from MET would look similar. I know MET was popular among the ROTC crowd for whatever reason too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Because he is going to BU. MET is one of the schools and colleges that make up Boston University.
                  OK, I was wondering how that worked, What does MET stand for?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Google "Peyton Manning Tennessee sexual harassment", and you'll find one example.
                    apples and oranges

Excerpt from 'Manning'
                    Following is an excerpt from the book Manning (HarperCollins, 2000). The excerpt is taken from sections that appear in court documents.
                    The way it happened, Tennessee had hired a female trainer, and never mind that women in the men's locker room is one of the most misbegotten concessions to equal rights ever made. When Dad played, there was still at least a tacit acknowledgment that women and men are two different sexes, with all that implies, and a certain amount of decorum had to be maintained. Meaning when it came to training rooms and shower stalls, the opposite sex was not allowed. Common sense tells you why.

I admit that even in the context of "modern" life, what I did to offend this trainer was inappropriate. Not exactly a criminal offense, but out of line. I certainly didn't dislike her. I thought she had a vulgar mouth, but I always tried to be nice. …

Then one day I was in the training room and a track athlete I know made some off-color remark that I felt deserved a colorful ... response. I turned my back in the athlete's direction and dropped the seat of my pants. …

But I did it thinking the trainer wasn't where she would see. … Even when she did, it seemed like something she'd have laughed at, considering the environment, or shrugged off as harmless. Crude, maybe, but harmless. But as luck would have it, this particular trainer had been accumulating a list of complaints against the university that she intended to take action on … alleged sexist acts that, when her lawyer finally put it together, resulted in a lawsuit charging thirty-five counts of sexual harassment. In the end, the university settled with her for a good bit of money. My "involvement" made headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      I'm surprised you of all people aren't b*tching that there is a picture of a BU player on the front page of USCHO!!
                      There is a time and place for everything and this would not be the time for that, obviously

Comment

Originally posted by Section Eight View Post
                        I was pretty embarrassed to be a Terrier this morning, but it will go away I'm sure.
                        don't be, it has nothing to do with BU , the hockey program or the coach and everything to do with that young man, and i use that term loosely here

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          don't be, it has nothing to do with BU , the hockey program or the coach and everything to do with that young man, and i use that term loosely here
                          Yep...dead on.

Anyway, from a hockey perspective, would you guys build two lines around your top six?:

Nieto
                          Chiasson
                          Gill
                          Coyle
                          Connolly
                          Megan

Or would you pair these guys off over three lines?

Comment

just hold on before everyone starts accusing trivino... a lot will be coming out soon.. the RA of the dorm was the one who supposedly reported it and she had it "out" for the hockey players.. not saying trivino is guilty or not guilty.. or if this information is completely true or false... but just like how there is a lot of woman who want the hockey players on campus there are a lot who are jealous and despise them..

if trivino is proven innocent.. would he have any opportunity of coming back to BU?

from a pro stand point it would help a lot if he was proven innocent but if you look at cases from the past like quick at michigan and frattin.. players were given opportunities at the pro level.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyeast98 View Post
                              just hold on before everyone starts accusing trivino... a lot will be coming out soon.. the RA of the dorm was the one who supposedly reported it and she had it "out" for the hockey players.. not saying trivino is guilty or not guilty.. or if this information is completely true or false... but just like how there is a lot of woman who want the hockey players on campus there are a lot who are jealous and despise them..

if trivino is proven innocent.. would he have any opportunity of coming back to BU?

from a pro stand point it would help a lot if he was proven innocent but if you look at cases from the past like quick at michigan and frattin.. players were given opportunities at the pro level.
                              Nobody here is accusing Trivino of anything. That was done...by the RA (the accuser). What do you mean supposedly reported it? She did report it. The only one doing any accusing here is you, accusing her of "having it out for the hockey team". He's not innocent. He just might not be guilty of all charges.

What level of pro hockey do you think he'll reach?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyeast98 View Post

while I agree with you that we shouldn't immediately label Trivino as a rapist, or something to that effect, before the facts come out, it's pretty clear that something happened here. do you have some kind of inside knowledge to this specific RA and her personal views of Corey and the other hockey players? it's no secret that there's a faction of people on every campus who have it "out" for the big time athletes, and false accusations have been made before, but this story is a bit difficult to completely fabricate without it being obvious. is it possible that she or someone exaggerated what he did when he got to her room, sure. but there were apparently witnesses, so they'd all have to have it out for trivino. And surely there must have been someone in a neighboring room who heard the loud knocking on the door, or heard some kind of commotion going on, so there would have to be a lot of people all in on a lie in order for this to be completely made up.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X