This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

I'm glad he's gone. I'm really glad that apparently the girl was able to fight him off.
    I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Who on this board was it that sat behind Trivino at the Beanpot (I think) when he was still a recruit, and made a comment about how the hockey players are the BMOC and can have their pick of the ladies (or something along those lines). Oh, the irony...

I'm stunned by this news. Talk about blowing things when it was finally starting to go your way.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Black eye all the way up with something like this. Glad they acted swiftly, this has nothing to do with hockey and everything to do with someone acting like trash. If anything is exaggerated I hope it comes out for his sake, but if not he faces the appropriate punishment. Probably should have been gone with the Saponari bros.
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

From the reaction etc. it sounds like there is no "he said, she said" situation here. Very cut and dry. We've seen a few cases in recent years where the first story isn't the last story.

What he is accused of is criminal so it should be handled by the police and courts vs. coaches and discipline councils...good to see BU quickly take the right course and good for the young lady to report it immediately. Hopefully she is doing as well as she can in these circumstances. Best wishes to her and her family.

One of the comments on the article either assumes or declares that Trivino has an issue with drinking and his behavior...for those closer to the situation, is that comment accurate?

edit: I ask because if someone with knowledge of his behavior said he was actually a good guy who made a terrible mistake I do think it would matter for him going forward, both in the courts and in the likelihood he could learn from this. If this isn't completely out of character, then I have far less optimism he'll 'change'
          Last edited by pirate; 12-13-2011, 06:58 AM.
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
            Black eye all the way up with something like this. Glad they acted swiftly, this has nothing to do with hockey and everything to do with someone acting like trash. If anything is exaggerated I hope it comes out for his sake, but if not he faces the appropriate punishment. Probably should have been gone with the Saponari bros.
            Originally posted by pirate View Post
            From the reaction etc. it sounds like there is no "he said, she said" situation here. Very cut and dry. We've seen a few cases in recent years where the first story isn't the last story.

What he is accused of is criminal so it should be handled by the police and courts vs. coaches and discipline councils...good to see BU quickly take the right course and good for the young lady to report it immediately. Hopefully she is doing as well as she can in these circumstances. Best wishes to her and her family.

One of the comments on the article either assumes or declares that Trivino has an issue with drinking and his behavior...for those closer to the situation, is that comment accurate?

edit: I ask because if someone with knowledge of his behavior said he was actually a good guy who made a terrible mistake I do think it would matter for him going forward, both in the courts and in the likelihood he could learn from this. If this isn't completely out of character, then I have far less optimism he'll 'change'
            +1 to both. Just terribly sad for all the individuals involved.

Comment

The only good thing about this is it seems to have been handled swiftly and appropriately. Good on Parker and the administration for that. But other than that a bad situation
              #OneKnight

Comment

Hmmmm
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This is just sad.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    So far, so good. Good thing BU outdueled BC and Denver to get him.
                    I know you guys have (had?) a good thing going right now, but let's pump the brakes on Hohmmann. He has one goal and only four points.

Comment

Every bit of trouble has been related to alcohol with this kid... hope he learns something from this incident.
                      Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                      Boston University '06/'08
                      Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                        The only good thing about this is it seems to have been handled swiftly and appropriately. Good on Parker and the administration for that. But other than that a bad situation
                        I'm obviously not a BU fan, but I agree with this. I hate watching college programs allow this kind of stuff because the guy is an athlete.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Terrible turn of events for BU, and Trivino and perhaps the victim.

- Let us not jump to any conclusions. We all know the media and even the authorities can absolutely BOTCH the living daylights out of stories (see Tomase from the Herald for a good example of bad journalism and the BC T incident for a good example of jumpy bacon botchery)
                          - I've read conflicting reports on the plea. Did he enter a NG or guilty plea?
                          - Any legal experts know what type of punishment he could be looking at if he entered a guilty plea or gets convicted after a NG plea?
                          - This is another good example of so many things when dealing with college athletics. A program's image is completely at the whim of 18-25 year olds (or if you're Merrimack, 20-25 year olds) and their decisions. No coach can truly have "control" over what these kids are doing - they can only do their best to minimize the likelihood of these things happening. Character has to be placed at a premium when recruiting kids. And even then there are no guarantees as we've all learned.
                          - Does Jack's drinking team have a hockey problem?
                          - For whatever reason, I just feel bad for Trivino. Tough go of it for him, two injuries, finally gets going this year and boom... one bad decision can ruin everything. A tough lesson for him and hopefully other kids on the team and around the league can learn from his potential mistake. Knowing what we know about the American legal system, it's tough not to feel bad for a kid from Canada having to deal with this mess of a legal system here. And obviously this is not exactly a good time of the year to have to deal with this for the entire Trivino family.
                          - I'm hoping this wasn't as serious to the victim as the charges sound. Maybe it was a bit more innocent than it seems but it was called in and reported and has blown up a bit.
                          - I wonder what Todd thinks now after promising Trivino all the BU coeds when he was 17 and visiting at the Beanpot.
                          - Honest question - which HE team has booted the most players in the last 5 years... Vermont or BU?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Sad all around. I hope Trivino gets some help and can turn things around as it is sounding here like he has had some issues with alcohol. Good for Parker and BU to take swift action.

Big loss for this team. Trivino has really improved and was having a Jason Lawrence-like senior season. I was going to post that BU has seemingly found their feet and still has a chance to make some noise as there doesn't really seem to be a break-away team this year in college hockey. Only one player, yes, but this may put BU a notch below the top group of say 1-10 this year.

Hopefully, this is a situation where the rest of the team can rise up and come together to overcome the loss.
                            Last edited by Tater; 12-13-2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                              On that note, it will be interesting to see what the Islanders do. Not a good message from the NHL if this kid winds up with an early payday after all of this.
                              Last edited by srsterrier; 12-13-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

This is truly upsetting news. I hope the victim is OK - kudos to her for calling the police. So many times people are afraid to do that. As for Corey, jeez. I can't even process what he did. It just doesn't seem.....possible.

*sigh*

Christ on a cracker. This just sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X