Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Four-point weekend. I'll take it!
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Let's not start licking each others Popsicles just yet.

Trust, but verify
      Like that line Mook, and I agree with you. I usually say, "Don't get a bad case of happy ears now". Or "don't start drinking your own cool-aid just yet". If I remember all the talk here last March, all the Parkerites were saying this team "should be good". Still over 3 months to go.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
        A very nice november and december for sure but I agree with mookie.....
        Only 1 team in recent memory has played consistently throughout the season...so we have that going for us

Only caught third period but it was a heck of a 20 minutes.

I like Cisse, a frequent flyer in the penalty box but seems to see the ice as well as anybody

Some of the passing in the third made me think this team is improving in playing together and the speed of play will continue to be high if they can work as effectively going forward
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
          Like that line Mook, and I agree with you. I usually say, "Don't get a bad case of happy ears now". Or "don't start drinking your own cool-aid just yet". If I remember all the talk here last March, all the Parkerites were saying this team "should be good". Still over 3 months to go.
          Agreed with this, especially since I still get sick to my stomach when I think about the HC and UML losses. Hope they can keep things going in the 2nd half, soooo much hockey left to be played.

Comment

• Originally posted by pirate View Post
            Only 1 team in recent memory has played consistently throughout the season...so we have that going for us

Only caught third period but it was a heck of a 20 minutes.

I like Cisse, a frequent flyer in the penalty box but seems to see the ice as well as anybody

Some of the passing in the third made me think this team is improving in playing together and the speed of play will continue to be high if they can work as effectively going forward
            Easy, now. They only beat the eventual 8th or 9th place team. It's like beating Merrimack or Lowell 3 or 4 years ago. Maine will be in the basement until Whitehead's gone

Comment

To pick something that drove me nuts from last night's game....

Rodrigues (who I like very much) was busy celebrating his non-goal with his stick in the air. If he kept his stick on the ice then he taps that in easily.

It was a close game at that point and could have been a game changer.
              Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 12-12-2011, 07:01 AM.
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

Rodrigues (who I like very much) was bust celebrating his non-goal with his stick in the air. If he kept his stick on the ice then he taps that in easily.

I thought about this too, and I'm sure he'll hear it from Parker or a captain. The good news is that I thought he looked phenomenal out there. He had that one slick move where he was in the slot, received a pass from the point, tipped to himself while spinning around, he just missed the net. I though both he and Hohmann had one of their best games of the year. I don't want to see either of those guys sit in favor of Gaudet or Rosen anymore.

Also good to see Privitera get his first. Pretty slick backhander to boot.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Asked this in the game thread but any highlights of the game?..

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

Rodrigues (who I like very much) was bust celebrating his non-goal with his stick in the air. If he kept his stick on the ice then he taps that in easily.

Made the same comment to my son at the time, if he isn't celebrating he beats the Maine player to the puck and likely scores. I'd like to think a captain/upperclassmen says something to him before the coach does.
                    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      I thought about this too, and I'm sure he'll hear it from Parker or a captain. The good news is that I thought he looked phenomenal out there. He had that one slick move where he was in the slot, received a pass from the point, tipped to himself while spinning around, he just missed the net. I though both he and Hohmann had one of their best games of the year. I don't want to see either of those guys sit in favor of Gaudet or Rosen anymore.

Also good to see Privitera get his first. Pretty slick backhander to boot.
                      There won't be a question about who sits the next two games with Coyle at the WJCs. After that, I'd expect Gaudet might be the odd man out. Agreed on Hohmann, who is certainly displaying the vision and playmaking we'd heard about. His set up of Privitera's goal was a case in point. Occupied two men with his rush and then put the puck on Privitera's tape with just one guy to beat.

You think JP is lobbying for Clendening to make Team USA's final WJC roster?
                      “Clendening sees everybody all the time, so if you play with him, you better be alert because he’s like Bob Cousy out there,” Parker said. “You better be awake because if you aren’t, you’ll get hit by the ball. He can really find people. He’s having a terrific year.”
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        You think JP is lobbying for Clendening to make Team USA's final WJC roster?
                        Parker told us Wednesday that Clendening is a lock to make the team. I still think Clendening has to prove he can be both responsible in his own end and effective offensively in the same game.
                        http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          though both he and Hohmann had one of their best games of the year. I don't want to see either of those guys sit in favor of Gaudet or Rosen anymore.
                          I really liked Hohmann in that game. All over the ice, skating hard the whole time. I agree, they shouldn't be healthy scratches moving forward if they play like that!

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                          Asked this in the game thread but any highlights of the game?..
                          I should have recorded this and would have if they re-aired later that night like they usually do. Surprised Hockey East didn't have highlights up considering it was a televised game, they've been fairly consistent with that so far this season.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Hohmann is one of the most consistant players on the team. He gives 110% every shift and looks like he just wants to do whatever it takes to win the game. He reminds me a lot of Pereira, but with more skill. I see a future captain there.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                              Hohmann is one of the most consistant players on the team. He gives 110% every shift and looks like he just wants to do whatever it takes to win the game. He reminds me a lot of Pereira, but with more skill. I see a future captain there.
                              Agreed on Hohmann, though the obvious comparison is with Zanc, who earned his C with grit, cleverness, and hockey smarts.

Comment

So...BU has 5 losses...BC has 6...BU has beaten BC 2 of three games this year...and the higher ranked team is ???? I know there's more to it than that and if you put a gun to my head I'll tell you who I think has more talent, BUT...
                                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Working...
                                X