This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

I just don't think he's been that nifty on the PP. One man's opinion.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

He's very good but "A Kevin Shattenkirk clone" he's not. Not yet. Maybe not ever.
      Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
        He's very good but "A Kevin Shattenkirk clone" he's not. Not yet. Maybe not ever.
        Doesn't have as good a shot as the Shat. Also, his puck-handling skills need improvement in order to reach that level. That said, he has made some definite improvements since last year, and even throughout this season.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

He does have better hair, though.

Comment

Dear fellow season ticket holders,

Do the special discounted tickets BU is offering seem fair?
            As much as I want to see all the seats full I think those of us that paid 22-26 bucks a ticket are getting screwed a little.

Thoughts?

Terrier Tickets Make a Great Gift!

Looking for a great holiday gift for your favorite Terrier fan?

Purchase $15 tickets and get an exclusive BU travel tumbler for every ticket purchased*—that's $9 off per ticket!

Offer available for these games:
            Friday, Jan. 6 vs. Merrimack
            Sunday, Jan. 8 vs. USA U-18 Team – Free Snapple giveaways including t-shirts and more!
            Friday, Jan. 20 vs. Providence – Free rally towels for the first 3,500 fans presented by Snapple!
            Friday, Feb. 10 vs. Massachusetts
            Saturday, Feb. 18 vs. UMass Lowell

Special Offer Code: PARKER
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

As much as I want to see all the seats full I think those of us that paid 22-26 bucks a ticket are getting screwed a little.

Thoughts?

Purchase $15 tickets and get an exclusive BU travel tumbler for every ticket purchased*—that's $9 off per ticket!

Sunday, Jan. 8 vs. USA U-18 Team – Free Snapple giveaways including t-shirts and more!
              Friday, Jan. 20 vs. Providence – Free rally towels for the first 3,500 fans presented by Snapple!

Completely agree. Particularly for the U-18 game. I hate that they stick it to us for full price for that game. If it were optional to take that game I'd opt out of it. At the very least the ticket should be $15 face for that one.
              Last edited by ericredaxe; 12-07-2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

The reason I don't get season tickets is because there is no real incentive to get them I can go to almost every game and get tickets at the door easily and without having season tickets I don't feel bad about missing games for other activities even without season tickets I still make it to over 20 games a year including road games and I don't have to go to the exhibition games

National
                Organization of
                Men
                Against
                Amazonian
                Masterhood

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy View Post
                  The reason I don't get season tickets is because there is no real incentive to get them I can go to almost every game and get tickets at the door easily and without having season tickets I don't feel bad about missing games for other activities even without season tickets I still make it to over 20 games a year including road games and I don't have to go to the exhibition games
                  but.... what about your terrier points and getting tickets for the frozen four!?!?!?!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Over in the UNH thread they're reporting that frosh goaltender Casey DeSmith is getting the start tonight as their regular goaltender is injured. http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...ith_casey_oiti

DeSmith has played ~10 minutes this season in the blowout of Alabama-Huntsville, faced 6 shots and allowed 0 goals.

I hope we pepper this kid with shots early and often. Don't try to be efficient, just put shots on net, don't let him get into a rhythm, and hopefully get the early KO
                    #OneKnight

Comment

Actually, Di Girolamo isn't injured; he's just been awful recently. Jeff Wyer, the other backup, is the one who's injured.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Thoughts?

UNH does the same thing, offers discounts to some games that STH's pay full price for. The game in Manchester that STH's have to pay full price to if offered to the public for less than half of what we pay -- and it comes with free food/drink voucher.
                        Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                          Over in the UNH thread they're reporting that frosh goaltender Casey DeSmith is getting the start tonight as their regular goaltender is injured. http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...ith_casey_oiti

DeSmith has played ~10 minutes this season in the blowout of Alabama-Huntsville, faced 6 shots and allowed 0 goals.

I hope we pepper this kid with shots early and often. Don't try to be efficient, just put shots on net, don't let him get into a rhythm, and hopefully get the early KO
                          it doesn't matter what you do tonight, there's no chance you lose this game.

Comment

No Nieto tonight, injured shoulder in practice this week. Apparently questionable for Maine. Alexxxxxxxxxxx Privitera in for MacGregor, healthy scratch. This all according to Freep.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Not sure if this has been covered, but can/will one of you ask Parker what he thinks of Nieto not being invited to the WJC camp?

Comment

Thoughts?

For what it's worth, the non-STH that considers doing this still pays that 7.50 charge per ticket, which I don't think you do as a STH, right? I was all excited when I got this offer, thought I would take my family of 4, then realized I would still be paying $90, and decided against it.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X