PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Tech travels to UAA - Can a dog bite a Seawolf?

huskyfan
11-14-2011, 07:43 AM
discuss

firstpusk
11-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Is the Seawolf mythical or mystical?:confused:

bigblue_dl
11-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Is the Seawolf mythical or mystical?:confused:Or both?

UpNorthHockey
11-14-2011, 01:02 PM
UAA lost six straight conference games to three very good teams (UMD, MN, UNO). I think this run has made them look statistically weaker than they are. Their scoring stats look anemic and their goaltending stats have been mediocre. However, I think they could be a situation not unlike the Mavericks.....a team with significantly more potential than their numbers indicate. I pick MTU to split with them this weekend for a few reasons:

1. It's a road series with a lot of travel
2. UAA is probably better than their stats or record suggest
3. So far this year, the Huskies seem to step it up when they're the underdog, but haven't brought it when they're not

JF_Gophers
11-14-2011, 01:35 PM
I like this version of the thread the best.

goldy_331
11-14-2011, 01:38 PM
I like this version of the thread the best.

I think all three are second best.

JF_Gophers
11-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I think all three are second best.That just means there is room for a 4th thread. A thread to rule them all.

SanTropez
11-14-2011, 03:07 PM
bump

BlizzardT
11-14-2011, 09:12 PM
I say Tech takes 3 points on the weekend. Mel will have them focused. It's a long trip up there, and he'll have them ready to go. UAA has been blanked by some pretty good competition, but that's the WCHA. I'd love to see a Tech sweep to get this long road part of the schedule going!

oldish husky
11-15-2011, 10:14 AM
I say Tech takes 3 points on the weekend. Mel will have them focused. It's a long trip up there, and he'll have them ready to go. UAA has been blanked by some pretty good competition, but that's the WCHA. I'd love to see a Tech sweep to get this long road part of the schedule going!

I think a split would be a good result. Any more is possible, but not necessarily likely. It's a long trip and Tech hasn't proven anything on the road yet.

stuckinwi
11-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Does UAA have a video feed?

UpNorthHockey
11-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Does UAA have a video feed?

UAA does have video feed. I believe it's free. Check http://uaahockey.nmtvsports.com/uaahockey.htm
I've heard it's pretty low res....even compared to HuskiesLive.......hopefully you can make out the puck amidst the pixels.

cross cheque
11-18-2011, 01:51 PM
I think a split would be a good result. Any more is possible, but not necessarily likely. It's a long trip and Tech hasn't proven anything on the road yet.

FOR SALE!:

UND and it's fans are offering last place in the WCHA to anyone who is interested, since Tech and UAA have generally fought for that spot it's only fair to give them first crack at bidding. Gentlemen (and Donald), let the bidding begin!