PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49

mariucci
11-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Good series Cloud fans!! I couldn't watch Fri nights game due to work but from what I saw tonight, theres ALOT of grit on both teams, I loved the way they both played the boards.

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Nice win tonight. Wish I could say that I'm gonna cheer against the Gophers every single game, but the fact is I care more about my team than anyone else, and we're not gonna catch you guys, so most weekends you're playing against someone we may have to fight for position with and I hope you take 4 from them. Plus since we play you 4 times, you playing non-UND and UW WCHA opponents helps our SOS.

However, when you play teams that I think have no chance of catching us like Mankato or Bemidji... welll you know our chant about the Gophers. :)

The Husky's are gonna be just fine. They have a lot of talent and when they click, like last night, they can play with anyone. It's a long season and nobody should be surprised if SCSU is playing on a March Saturday night in St. Paul.

Driftryder
11-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Grats to Patterson on the shutout record!

Gophers buried their chances tonight, which was nice to see.

Man is Bjugstad an animal, how great would it be for him to play his JR year here as well, oh well we'll just have to enjoy his services this year.

JDUBBS1280
11-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Good series Cloud fans! You guys have a great team, with as much depth as we've seen so far this season. I always love watching these team's play because they are always fast-paced exciting games, and this weekend didn't disappoint.

Slap Shot
11-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Roles were reversed this weekend with both road teams not playing at their best. Although the dick in me must mention that one team not playing at their best only lost by 1. ;)

That said good luck to SCSU the rest of the way when not playing UM. Wish you guys had LeBlanc (sp?) it sucks to lose a player like that.

The Rube
11-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Roles were reversed this weekend with both road teams not playing at their best. Although the dick in me must mention that one team not playing at their best only lost by 1. ;)

That said good luck to SCSU the rest of the way when not playing UM. Wish you guys had LeBlanc (sp?) it sucks to lose a player like that.

And Lee.

JDUBBS1280
11-19-2011, 11:00 PM
I gotta say, I liked Lucia's line changes tonight. Boyd is playing really well, and deserved to be moved up. The depth of this Gophers team is going to continue to pay big dividends as the season wears on.

mariucci
11-19-2011, 11:01 PM

haha, yeah it was definately a story of two halves... Great series!! And your dig was pretty good slappy!

Bronzebacks
11-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Nice win for Minnesota tonight. Bjustad....wow! Congrats to Patterson on the shutout record.

Huskies had a good second. Terrible first. Plenty to work on.

Gophers looked sharp.

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Ah, so not winning in the postseason means the Gophers must be the high point.
No other team, no other win, no other game no matter what it may have meant, just the Gophers....every season.
Got it.
You really are full of yourself aren't you.

What other team?

What other win?

What other scenario would suffice?

An unlikely Final Five run?

Please.

Gophernation
11-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Nice win tonight, its nice to see the boys bounce back after last night!

Slap Shot
11-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Got our butt kicked.
Think we may have given our jerseys to St. Cloud Tech in the 3rd.
Gotta start playing better on the road.

Take heart, you guys have a solid squad and tonight was just not their night. If they keep up their better play SCSU will have a chance in the end and that's what really matters. Good luck.

The Rube
11-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Nice win for Minnesota tonight. Bjustad....wow! Congrats to Patterson on the shutout record.

Huskies had a good second. Terrible first. Plenty to work on.

Gophers looked sharp.

Agreed. And I won't even mention the 3rd. However, SCSU, if they can get their sh* together, could annoy some teams come March.

Bakunin
11-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Key parts of the game:
- MN capitalized and built a quick-fire two goal lead when Jan was on her heels early in the 1st
- Jan carried the play in the 2nd but failed to convert
- MN put the nail in Jan's coffin by scoring their third goal early in the final period and dominated after that.

As I said pre-series - when MN brings it, it's very difficult to stop their top line. Also nice to see the D not handing Jan any freebies tonight. I can only imagine what Bjugstad would look like as a junior or senior, but sadly, there is no way in **** of that happening.

state of hockey
11-19-2011, 11:12 PM
The Gophers play fast and they play physical. They are also very well conditioned. The Gophers have had their way with teams in the third period on Saturdays because of it.

The Rube
11-19-2011, 11:13 PM
As I said pre-series - when MN brings it, it's very difficult to stop their top line. Also nice to see the D not handing Jan any freebies tonight. I can only imagine what Bjugstad would look like as a junior or senior, but sadly, there is no way in **** of that happening.

Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth. Truth.

First Time, Long Time
11-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Take heart, you guys have a solid squad and tonight was just not their night. If they keep up their better play SCSU will have a chance in the end and that's what really matters. Good luck.

If we can play consistent, that's been the problem.

First Time, Long Time
11-19-2011, 11:16 PM
What other team?

What other win?

What other scenario would suffice?

An unlikely Final Five run?

Please.

Take your pick.
Like it or not, beating the Gophers is not the end all be all in college hockey.

The Rube
11-19-2011, 11:16 PM
If we can play consistent, that's been the problem.

Yes. Last night, it took a bit to come on. Tonight, you started okay, then faltered.

Driftryder
11-19-2011, 11:17 PM
The Gophers play fast and they play physical. They are also very well conditioned. The Gophers have had their way with teams in the third period on Saturdays because of it.

Yeah they busted out some stat on FSN that pretty much says we are #1 in the WCHA in the 3rd period for scoring.