PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

ScoobyDoo
11-19-2011, 12:01 PM
So what is the pinnacle of the Gophers season? The holiday tournament against the EZAC schools is the only tournament they've had any success in.

You're right. You've hung so many more banners the last 10 years. We bow to your greatness.

SanTropez
11-19-2011, 12:02 PM
No, it is.

The Huskies will never play as well again this year as they played last night.

Of course they won't, that was their NC even if some don't want to believe it.

They are and always will be (Jan Brady) Gopher rejects, and can only dream to have the kind of success that Minnesota has had in it's programs history.

Good for you Jan, you made it to the ball but will be dumped on your sorry arse tonight.

First Time, Long Time
11-19-2011, 12:03 PM
No, it is.

The Huskies will never play as well again this year as they played last night.

You don't want to admit it, but you know it's true

Yeah, ok.
Last night was not our best game this year, but yeah, we have so much trouble admitting things.

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-19-2011, 12:12 PM
So what is the pinnacle of the Gophers season? The holiday tournament against the EZAC schools is the only tournament they've had any success in.

The banners hanging in the rafters of Mariucci Arena prove you're wrong.

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, ok.
Last night was not our best game this year, but yeah, we have so much trouble admitting things.

So what was your best game this year?

Bronzebacks
11-19-2011, 12:19 PM

They are and always will be (Jan Brady) Gopher rejects, and can only dream to have the kind of success that Minnesota has had in it's programs history.

Good for you Jan, you made it to the ball but will be dumped on your sorry arse tonight.

OK Sandy. If you say so.:rolleyes:

LadyinRed
11-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Gopher fans only have one comeback it seems. You only talk about past success. The banners hanging in Mariucci are 8 years and older? If the Huskies are such gopher rejects, then why haven't you won squat in 8 years. You are Minnesota's TEAM after all.

Dirty Bottles
11-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Off the top of my head..

The Saturday game against Wisconsin I think was one of our better games. The Friday night shutout game against UND also comes to mind. We played well last night but really not that great, heck we were outshot 42-15 (or something like that) and nearly blew a 3 goal lead!

Lately I get more excited when we manage to beat Mankato! :)

First Time, Long Time
11-19-2011, 12:27 PM
So what was your best game this year?

IMO, the Friday games vs UND & UW were better.

Bronzebacks
11-19-2011, 12:28 PM

Dear Gophers,

Thank you for rejecting Hanowski, Eddy, Festler, LeBlanc, Dowd, Reid, Jensen, Prochno, Faragher, Rabey, Novak, Daly, and Gravel.

Thank you for not rejecting Amrboz.

Tipsy McStagger
11-19-2011, 12:30 PM
You're right. You've hung so many more banners the last 10 years. We bow to your greatness.
Am I right? What has been the highlight of the gophers seasons recently? You guys seem to know the Huskies psyche so well, that this is their NC game...so what is the Gophers NC game?

Bronzebacks
11-19-2011, 12:31 PM
IMO, the Friday games vs UND & UW were better.

Friday's game against Wisconsin in the closest we have come to playing a complete game. Last night was not our best hockey, not even close. I will admit we were the beneficiaries of many fortunate bounces defensively. Huskies played well 2 out of 3 periods but got the job done.

Tipsy McStagger
11-19-2011, 12:32 PM
The banners hanging in the rafters of Mariucci Arena prove you're wrong.
Glad you have the banners hanging in the rafters to focus on, because the past four years of action on the ice at Mariucci sure hasn't been worth the price of admission.

mariucci
11-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Good game last night Cloud!! I wanted to be there but was called into work for the Graveyard shift.. Kinda glad tho now.. Your boys looked great and really stuck it to my Gophs.

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Am I right? What has been the highlight of the gophers seasons recently? You guys seem to know the Huskies psyche so well, that this is their NC game...so what is the Gophers NC game?

What's been the Huskies highlight over the past 30 years?

Just name one....

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Glad you have the banners hanging in the rafters to focus on, because the past four years of action on the ice at Mariucci sure hasn't been worth the price of admission.

You're absolutely right.

All prominate programs go through dry spells. It's unavoidable.

What counts is what you do during the good years.

Not that SCSU would understand either of those concepts.

Tipsy McStagger
11-19-2011, 12:53 PM
What's been the Huskies highlight over the past 30 years?

Just name one....
We've only been Division 1 for the last 23 years but...
2001 Broadmoor Trophy

Tipsy McStagger
11-19-2011, 12:57 PM
You're absolutely right.

All prominate programs go through dry spells. It's unavoidable.

What counts is what you do during the good years.

Not that SCSU would understand either of those concepts.
No one is saying the Gophers don't have great tradition. They obviously do. So I guess you should stay home and watch tapes and dvds of the Gophers past glories. Enjoy.

LadyinRed
11-19-2011, 01:10 PM
No one is saying the Gophers don't have great tradition. They obviously do. So I guess you should stay home and watch tapes and dvds of the Gophers past glories. Enjoy.

I would completely agree, but I'm curious if there were DVDs then? I think just tapes.

goldy_331
11-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Friday's game against Wisconsin in the closest we have come to playing a complete game. Last night was not our best hockey, not even close. I will admit we were the beneficiaries of many fortunate bounces defensively. Huskies played well 2 out of 3 periods but got the job done.

I wouldn't call them fortunate bounces so much as bonehead plays by the Gophers, but the Huskies really jumped on them and cashed in convincingly.