PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

First Time, Long Time
11-15-2011, 05:13 AM
Yes. And when they lose in a region final the following season (after winning the F5), we're supposed to be p*ssed off that they failed to advance. :D

It's funny how obtuse Jan fans are - as if we're somehow being selective about making fun of them for playing well early in years past. Here's the reason you dolts - it's because your program's history has shown nothing but brickfests in March. Even with the last three pitiful seasons, I can still pretty clearly remember MN's last F5 title, last F4 appearance, and last NCAA title. Your team has just one of those three things in its entire history, and it's been quite awhile since that happened. :p

And?
Not one of your teams current players has seen any of those things, they haven't seen an NCAA tourney win, they haven't seen an appearence in the NCAA tourney at all, hell none of them have even seen the weekend at the Final Five.
Your history is just that, and it means zilch to this year's team who so far have only proven they can start the season 10-2.

Tipsy McStagger
11-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Before we completely dismiss October's games as being meaningless with regard to what a team does "when it matters", here's what recent national champions have done in the first month of the season:
'10-'11: UMD 6-0-2
'09-'10: BC 2-1
'08-'09: BU 4-1
'07-'08: BC 3-1-2
'06-'07: MSU 3-1
'05-'06: UW 4-1-1
'04-'05: DU 4-3
'03-'04: DU 4-1
'02-'03: MN 2-1-2
'01-'02: MN 5-0
'00-'01: BC 5-1
'99-'00: UND 3-0-1
Total: 45-11-8 (.766)

So apparently playing well early does matter to some degree. None of these teams were under .500 in the first month.
IT matters to some degree, unless you're the 08-09 Gophers who didn't lose until their 12th game of the season. That team crapped the bed so badly they didn't even make the NCAA tournament.

mnwildfan79
11-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Why is this forum even turned on more than maybe a week or so in April? Let's just see who wins the NC and have 1 thread each year for their fans to celebrate in and then lock it quickly so as to not be living in the past.

Seriously, no one is saying the Gophers' success so far is a guarantee of any playoff success or even that they'll necessarily continue it throughout the rest of the regular season so opposing fans can save their time and stop debating that strawman.

JF_Gophers
11-15-2011, 07:56 AM
I am saying that the Gophers are the best team in the history of hockey. This years team is easily the best team to ever play the sport at any level. It's clear they will sweep the Conference and Final Five titles as well as the NCAA title, Calder Cup and Stanley Cup.

goldy_331
11-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Got it. So it's only OK to be cocky in November if it's the Gophers.

No, it's OK for the Gophers and their fans to be cocky ANYTIME.

Lady wore Black
11-15-2011, 08:45 AM
This thread is great. :D

I'm thinking a split this weekend. I was hoping to get down to Mariucci for the first time since 2008, but I'll be in Milwaukee all weekend. :(

I knew there was another reason why I didn't want to go to Milwaukee this weekend. :p

In a strange twist.......Arctic Cat.

Finally! Someone got it correct! It only took how many years for people to realize that there is a Arctic Cat plant in St. Cloud and not Polaris. :D

SCSU Euro
11-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Shortbus sighting?!:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFTOckWjB2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did he have his jersey over his popped collar shirt? Wait, dumb question. Of course he did.

I phrased that wrong. He wasn't actually SIGHTED, he was heard from. And no, shortbus should not be seen but not heard. He shouldn't be seen either.

Instead of talking about how much the thread sucks, perhaps you could try to contribute? Just a thought....

What do you contribute to a trainwreck? I don't know how to save the life of someone dying, so not too much I can do.

No. Only if they win two NCAA Championships in a row can we show some happiness about their play.

Only if they win back-to-back NCs in REGULATION. None of this last-minute, overtime garbage.

Tipsy McStagger
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Why is this forum even turned on more than maybe a week or so in April? Let's just see who wins the NC and have 1 thread each year for their fans to celebrate in and then lock it quickly so as to not be living in the past.

Seriously, no one is saying the Gophers' success so far is a guarantee of any playoff success or even that they'll necessarily continue it throughout the rest of the regular season so opposing fans can save their time and stop debating that strawman.
If I didn't have time to waste, I wouldn't be here. Go **** yourself.

SCSU Euro
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
If you aren't ok with me, I must be doing something right :)

And you must be doing something EXTRA right when Gopher fans roll their eyes at you. Of course, that's probably only enjoyable to us non-Gopher fans.

Bakunin
11-15-2011, 09:09 AM
IT matters to some degree, unless you're the 08-09 Gophers who didn't lose until their 12th game of the season. That team crapped the bed so badly they didn't even make the NCAA tournament.
Lucia got sarcoidosis in the middle of that season. It *may* have had something to do with the team ****ting the bed.

FTLT, you're so effing dense, you aren't worth the bandwidth you waste with your posts. If you choose to ignore the explanation offered to you regarding why your fans get crap for being overly optimistic (since your team perpetually fails each spring), that's on you not on us.

Lucia is healthy (unlike '08-'09), and Guentzel has replaced the incompetent Hill. If you can't grasp how these two things might lead to a much better season for MN, then you are seriously beyond help, and your IQ is likely lower than whatever mediocre win total your team ends up with at season's end. The players may not have the tournament experience, but the coaching staff certainly does.

Bronzebacks
11-15-2011, 09:12 AM
I can't wait until Friday. I missed seeing all of the metrosexual varmint fans with their cute fohawks last season. Glad they will be back in the NHC.

goldy_331
11-15-2011, 09:17 AM
I can't wait until Friday. I missed seeing all of the metrosexual varmint fans with their cute fohawks last season. Glad they will be back in the NHC.

I think you're confused. That was shortbus and his butt buddies, all JBSU fans.

firstpusk
11-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Only if they win back-to-back NCs in REGULATION. None of this last-minute, overtime garbage.

I guess that means Jan doesn't have a win in the NCAAs. ;)

Tipsy McStagger
11-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Lucia got sarcoidosis in the middle of that season. It *may* have had something to do with the team ****ting the bed.

FTLT, you're so effing dense, you aren't worth the bandwidth you waste with your posts. If you choose to ignore the explanation offered to you regarding why your fans get crap for being overly optimistic (since your team perpetually fails each spring), that's on you not on us.

Lucia is healthy (unlike '08-'09), and Guentzel has replaced the incompetent Hill. If you can't grasp how these two things might lead to a much better season for MN, then you are seriously beyond help, and your IQ is likely lower than whatever mediocre win total your team ends up with at season's end. The players may not have the tournament experience, but the coaching staff certainly does.
You're right. I shouldn't use facts to refute the claims that you Gophers fans make. Clearly, a team that starts 7-0-4 doesn't have the talent to win half of their remaining games unless their coach is at 100%.

What do you Gopher fans want out of this thread? It is okay for you to talk trash about our failures, but when yours get brought up you get sand in your crotch about it and try to act like we are stupid for bringing them up. It isn't our fault that you guys are afraid to face the reality that your team has been no better than ours for the past four years.

I don't like the Sioux fans but at least they can take it as well as dish it out.

JDUBBS1280
11-15-2011, 10:08 AM
You're right. I shouldn't use facts to refute the claims that you Gophers fans make. Clearly, a team that starts 7-0-4 doesn't have the talent to win half of their remaining games unless their coach is at 100%.

What do you Gopher fans want out of this thread? It is okay for you to talk trash about our failures, but when yours get brought up you get sand in your crotch about it and try to act like we are stupid for bringing them up. It isn't our fault that you guys are afraid to face the reality that your team has been no better than ours for the past four years.

I don't like the Sioux fans but at least they can take it as well as dish it out.

Had less to do with talent as it had to do with leadership (on and off the ice), team chemistry, and consistent effort (players with one foot out the door).

Bakunin
11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Oh we're fine with our reality of the past four years - because this year will end that stretch in all likelihood.

If you can't understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader while the real coach is battling an unknown (at the time) illness, then there's nothing more to say.

SanTropez
11-15-2011, 10:13 AM
And?
Not one of your teams current players has seen any of those things, they haven't seen an NCAA tourney win, they haven't seen an appearence in the NCAA tourney at all, hell none of them have even seen the weekend at the Final Five.

Yes... it's the old Sue argument from our series with them, gotcha.

Bakunin
11-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Yes... it's the old Sue argument from our series with them, gotcha.
First they steal their logo from Montreal, and now they steal their arguments from UND fans? Too bad for them they haven't figured out how to steal their way to a frozen four as of yet.

firstpusk
11-15-2011, 10:19 AM
First they steal their logo from Montreal, and now they steal their arguments from UND fans? Too bad for them they haven't figured out how to steal their way to a frozen four as of yet.

All the other dogs in the WCHA have done that and won it all as well. Ain't not alpha dogs in St. Cloud unless UMD or Tech is in town.

Tipsy McStagger
11-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Oh we're fine with our reality of the past four years - because this year will end that stretch in all likelihood.

If you can't understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader while the real coach is battling an unknown (at the time) illness, then there's nothing more to say.
I can understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader, but it isn't like Lucia was never there. He only missed two games.