Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU @ Ohio State - Oh How I Hate.... Noon Starts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU @ Ohio State - Oh How I Hate.... Noon Starts?

So Friday's hockey game really starts at Noon? Who is the genius behind this garbage
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU @ Ohio State - Oh How I Hate.... Noon Starts?

We don't like it anymore than you guys do, I can assure you that! You may or may not know this, but our hockey and hoops teams play in the Schottenstein Center. Well, some genius scheduled a 9:00 hoops game Friday night against Wright State. Guess which team gets bumped?!? Yep, you guessed it right, our hockey team. With our women's hockey team off this weekend, I actually wouldn't have had a problem with the game being played at the old OSU Ice Rink at 7:00, despite the fact that the OSU Ice Rink only holds 1,000 people. I guess that gives you an idea of where hockey is on the totem pole here at tOSU!

Comment

I'm just glad that tOSU was able to scrape together the cash needed to rent the ice for a three hour block for the game Noon Friday. Much better than being stuck with the 10pm or even Midnight rental timeslots. I just hope the Zamboni drivers don't end the game early so the public skating can take place as scheduled...

tOSU: Treating the NCAA Div 1 team like an ACHA club team since 1963.

Sarcasm aside, tOSU did it to avoid some other sporting conflict as noted above.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        We don't like it anymore than you guys do, I can assure you that! You may or may not know this, but our hockey and hoops teams play in the Schottenstein Center. Well, some genius scheduled a 9:00 hoops game Friday night against Wright State. Guess which team gets bumped?!? Yep, you guessed it right, our hockey team. With our women's hockey team off this weekend, I actually wouldn't have had a problem with the game being played at the old OSU Ice Rink at 7:00, despite the fact that the OSU Ice Rink only holds 1,000 people. I guess that gives you an idea of where hockey is on the totem pole here at tOSU!
        I was just shocked considering that we've played playoff games against you in tOSU Ice Rink before... I think the Schott was booked for the Ohio HS State Wrestling meet or something like that... Just really surprised at a Noon start... Talk about playing in front of nobody... This is going to be an AIC like crowd Just have the game at 7 and pack the Ice Arena...

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          So Friday's hockey game really starts at Noon? Who is the genius behind this garbage
          OSU students are off on Friday for veterans day

Comment

Originally posted by Pigfarmer View Post
            OSU students are off on Friday for veterans day
            So...over/under 50?
            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
            2006-2007: 15-24-2
            2007-2008: 20-20-4
            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Band = 27
              tOSU team parents = 16
              Ushers = 40
              School Kids = 17
              Random tOSU Students = 4
              Random Fans = 31

Total = 135

(I'll take the over )
              Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

This almost makes me wish some Cat fans were making the trip... Talk about owning an arena

Ok, serious hockey talk time... What can we expect from tOSU? Haven't heard much about them.... How has Osiecki been with his Sophomore campaign?

Comment

This is also the last series in which NMU will be leaving the U.P. until January 13th!
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

This almost makes me wish some Cat fans were making the trip... Talk about owning an arena
                    I'm trying to get a group to head over from Chicago.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                      This is also the last series in which NMU will be leaving the U.P. until January 13th!
                      And then they will just have one home series in six weeks.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Talk about owning an arena
                        It's fun, though not all that hard to accomplish in Columbus, even on a normal Saturday night

Comment

I'll be there and I'm bringing three hockey virgins with me.

Comment

What can we expect from tOSU? Haven't heard much about them.... How has Osiecki been with his Sophomore campaign?
                            Young team with lots of potential. Oz recruited some excellent talent to be sure. Inconsistency has been an issue at times, but the last couple of series the effort has been more sustained in both games. There definitely is no quit in this team, in no small measure due to the expectations of the coaches and captains. Goaltending is excellent. Heeter is arguably one of the top goalies in the CCHA, and Hjelle is no slouch either. Team chemistry is building, and with 8-10 freshman dressing in any given game, it should only get better. Getting scoring from both young (Dzingel, Angelli, McCormik, Johnson, etc.) and 'old' (Dries has been living up to his potential this year). Top D line is very strong (Duddy - Gedig), and second pairing has been solid (Krough - McLean). Third pairing has been the rotating freshman line, so some growing pains but getting better. Team taking too many penalties IMHO, but our penalty kill has gotten stronger (up to near 90%). PP has been great lately - I think it is >26% (). That said, Given that Northern has had tOSU's number the past few years, I would be happy for a split. This team is going to do some damage next year for sure, and hopefully this year as well. Oz rules.
                            Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                              I'll be there and I'm bringing three hockey virgins with me.
                              Virgins are overrated, you'll just spend your whole time trying to convince them that it's fun and reassuring them that things are perfectly normal.
                              Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                              NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                              Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                              Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Working...
                              X