Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No, you suck. CC v. Denver

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    I'll know I've become a big shot at DU when the Chancellor & AD invites me out the Gold Club varanda at Magness and breaks out a box of cigars and 1957 Scotch. Until then, I'm just another anonymous DU hockey fan.

How DUmb is Colorado College? They have a national TV game on Friday night and they are encouraging their fans to wear black. Take a guess how that will look on TV.

http://www.cctigerhockey.com/email/h...il_113011.html
    1. White out copycat--negative
    2. Look like empty seats
    3. In mourning for another loss to DU
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      1. White out copycat--negative
      2. Look like empty seats
      3. In mourning for another loss to DU

I have found that unless CC is playing Denver, they have costume night every other night....come dressed as a Tiger or a Seat!
      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        It is getting more difficult to get meetings with him now
        I see DG all the time, in fact just a few weeks ago while at World Arena North he had his beer on the table and his back to me, so I gently removed his beer and started to walk away with it, suddenly a man on the other side of the table coughed me up.

Go Tigers!
        World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
          I have found that unless CC is playing Denver, they have costume night every other night....come dressed as a Tiger or a Seat!
          What is that supposed to mean? There is nothing special about the crowds at Magness...
          Originally posted by vizoroo
          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
          Originally posted by duper
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
          Originally posted by dggoddard
          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

True - CC students are not the best fans in the league (might be the worst?) but everyone's gotten excited for this game. Even if no one knows anything about hockey or cares about the actual season, we still have enough hatred for DU to sell-out our student section tickets a day and a half after they're available.

Honestly, coming from someone who grew up a Gopher fan and thought coming to CC games would be similar to nights at Mariucci... student section sucks, no doubt about it, but with such a small school with so many people that are just NOT into sports, the DU showing is always a good one.

Let's get it boys!!

(p.s. How offensive is the ***** you DU chant?)

Comment

Originally posted by stateofhockey View Post
              (p.s. How offensive is the ***** you DU chant?)
              Metro State can SUCK IT!
              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                What is that supposed to mean? There is nothing special about the crowds at Magness...
                We usually will draw better crowds for the likes of NoDak and Minny. I've seen NoDak play down there and the place might have had 5k.

If you look at the 2 arenas, Magness is usually a lot more filled up than the Litter Box.

Anyways, Ron....you are welcome to join some of us at the Bee after the game. Win or Lose....WE'RE GONNA BOOZE!
                Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                  I see DG all the time, in fact just a few weeks ago while at World Arena North he had his beer on the table and his back to me, so I gently removed his beer and started to walk away with it, suddenly a man on the other side of the table coughed me up.

Go Tigers!
                  You joining us at the Bee after the Game?

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by stateofhockey View Post
                    True - CC students are not the best fans in the league (might be the worst?) but everyone's gotten excited for this game. Even if no one knows anything about hockey or cares about the actual season, we still have enough hatred for DU to sell-out our student section tickets a day and a half after they're available.

Honestly, coming from someone who grew up a Gopher fan and thought coming to CC games would be similar to nights at Mariucci... student section sucks, no doubt about it, but with such a small school with so many people that are just NOT into sports, the DU showing is always a good one.

The CC students, what few of them attend, are much the same as the DU students. The same cheers, the same silliness. No band, no cheerleaders but they do have kid in a tiger outfit. Sound familiar?

The townies that attend are a totally different story. When the WCHL minor league Gold Kings folded, many of the townies hopped on the CC bandwagon. These “fans” make going to a game in the Springs unbearable. More the type to be in a bar fight than to have a beer with. The Broadmoor was once a world class venue. The World Arena, built with your tax dollars, is aptly named the Litter Box.

Comment

Anyways, Ron....you are welcome to join some of us at the Bee after the game. Win or Lose....WE'RE GONNA BOOZE!
                      Thanks but I already have plans. I'm getting together with some other townies. We are going to grab a 30 pack of Keystone, head to the trailer park and practice our Tebow impressions for Sunday. Southern Colorado trash is what it is...

Comment

Thanks but I already have plans. I'm getting together with some other townies. We are going to grab a 30 pack of Keystone, head to the trailer park and practice our Tebow impressions for Sunday. Southern Colorado trash is what it is...
                        haha. Post of the week that is!

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

haha. Post of the week that is!
                          It should be a good time. It almost always is. We play hard but everyone generally has fun. Sometimes the cops come but we toned things down in recent years. I don't think anyone in our group has been charged with domestic violence since the Gold Kings closed up shop and that was like 10 years ago.

Comment

*** Attention DU fans, coaches, players and unofficial mascots ***

As some of you may know, I am the manager of a FedEx Office (aka Kinko’s) here in Colorado Springs. I am located at the Citadel Mall store. If any of you would like to come by for a complimentary photo copy of your behind tomorrow before the game please feel free to do so. It’s my treat. I’m worried that you will no longer recognize it after DU receives the beating handed out by CC tomorrow night. I work 10:00am – 6:30pm. If you need to come by after 6:30pm please ask for Keith and let him know that I sent you.

Comment

*** Attention DU fans, coaches, players and unofficial mascots ***

As some of you may know, I am the manager of a FedEx Office (aka Kinko’s) here in Colorado Springs. I am located at the Citadel Mall store. If any of you would like to come by for a complimentary photo copy of your behind tomorrow before the game please feel free to do so. It’s my treat. I’m worried that you will no longer recognize it after DU receives the beating handed out by CC tomorrow night. I work 10:00am – 6:30pm. If you need to come by after 6:30pm please ask for Keith and let him know that I sent you.
                              Don't forget to photocopy yours! You may need it for identification purposes yourself! :P

RIP Butch

sigpic
                              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Don't forget to photocopy yours! You may need it for identification purposes yourself! :P
                                Good point. I also give my dad photo copies of his behind every time he goes to prison.

Comment

Working...
                                X