PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Tech takes on undefeated Bye

Pages : [1] 2

huskyfan
11-06-2011, 07:15 PM
begin bad Bye jokes.

FadeToBlack&Gold
11-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh boy, I don't know. If they can't sweep Mankato, are they capable of sweeping Bye U? ;)

Rich
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
begin bad Bye jokes.

It's good you're looking for bad Bye jokes, because I don't think there are any good Bye jokes.

JohnsonsJerseys
11-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I think Tech gets swept at the hands of Bye-U, but they later forfeit the games when they drop their hockey program mid-season and leave the conference because "it is what's best for college hockey..."
:rolleyes:
Ryan J

bigblue_dl
11-07-2011, 12:07 PM
I didn't even realize it was a bye week. I guess I should look at the dates next to the opponent's name.

huskyfan
11-07-2011, 02:53 PM
we have traditionally played Bye tough. hope we will be up for this weekend.

manurespreader
11-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I understand that bye implemented the lock this year so we might have a tough time getting into the zone and scoring against said bye. I suggest we contact Pvenced and see if they have any advice.

firstpusk
11-07-2011, 03:18 PM
I understand that bye implemented the lock this year so we might have a tough time getting into the zone and scoring against said bye. I suggest we contact Pvenced and see if they have any advice.

I am afraid there is no way that Tech can score on their system...no hope for any points in the standings from this series.

huskyfan
11-07-2011, 03:28 PM
we'll play hard I know, but I don't see us ending up with points off of them either.

Fighting Sioux 23
11-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I'll go out on a limb, and make a prediction

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/michigan_tech_logo.jpg 0
http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/bye_week_2.jpg 0

Both teams are just too good defensively. :p:D:D

gopher wes
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
we have traditionally played Bye tough. hope we will be up for this weekend.
Haven't the boys at MTU even struggled against Bye in recent years?:p;)

I only keed! Enjoy the week off:)

FadeToBlack&Gold
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I remember a few years ago they had a great netminder named Rick Wall - shattered the NCAA shutout record. It's too bad he got injured too much to hack it in the pros. I wonder who their goalie is these days.

SCSU Euro
11-07-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm glad to see MTU doing well, but I feel like there's a lot of sympathy votes being cast their way. There are a lot of teams that are below them that when you match up MTU would probably not be the favorite in a game. And Bye's ****ed that while MTU is the superior team, MTU gets ranked in the mid-teens and Bye isn't even "receiving votes?"

Bye takes 3 pts (hard to call for a sweep as its a split squad, I forget who else Bye is playing)

DaveStPaul
11-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech'll get run over like an innocent bye-stander.

bigblue_dl
11-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I'll go out on a limb, and make a prediction

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/michigan_tech_logo.jpg 0
http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/bye_week_2.jpg 0

Both teams are just too good defensively. :p:D:D
And it will still be more entertaining than LSU-Alabama

melmac
11-07-2011, 05:18 PM
So, which conference did BWU end up in, or are they floating around like UAH?
Do we need to start a campaign to save BWU?

Biddco
11-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Do we need to start a campaign to save BWU?I think it is ALL the fault of the NCHC.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

huskyfan
11-07-2011, 07:47 PM
isn't Rhode Kone in net for them?

HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
11-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Do we need to start a campaign to save BWU?

No. Luckily, BWU was able to negotiate an interlocking schedule with every team in the NCAA, every year. I am not sure how they have the budget for it...

Twitch Boy
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM
No. Luckily, BWU was able to negotiate an interlocking schedule with every team in the NCAA, every year. I am not sure how they have the budget for it...

Have you seen their operation and overhead costs? They're virtually nonexistent. With smart spending like that, it's no wonder the program is in such good shape.