X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Wisconsin: Secondary Rivalry, Just As Much Hatred

Go.

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/33456_1530074164868_1025148831_31243486_7179866_n. jpg******

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/73636_1530074604879_1025148831_31243488_6754528_n. jpg******
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: Secondary Rivalry, Just As Much Hatred

Curious to hear if it's decision time in Madison:

Which goalie does 'Sconnie go with on Friday?

Comment

After a highly emotional sweep of UND, I hope there's no letdown against another hated rival.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        After a highly emotional sweep of UND, I hope there's no letdown against another hated SECONDARY rival.
        fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          After a highly emotional sweep of UND, I hope there's no letdown against another hated rival.
          I hear ya. While WI hasn't exactly been good this year, they are another thorn in MN's side where you probably can toss out the records.

And I'm glad the thread title got under one person's skin already.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Paint thinner nation, get off your dead deer the Gophers are coming...
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

*****http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=1&image_id=73******
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Gotta put this out there.. Kudo's to Butters and the Badgers for leaning more on local talent vs the CJ's!! AWESOME! Great stuff Badgers!

Gonna be a fun series!

This rivalry will eventually become the biggest in hockey.. And with WI using alot more local talent will only make it better!!

Comment

Better dead than fatobnoxiousdrunkhockeystupiddeaddeerscrewingseria lkillingred

That sounds about right.

Comment

*****http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/images/smilies/Goldy_Kills_Bucky2.gif******
                    sigpic

Comment

gophers are coming off of 2 tough series (sweeping at alaska and the sioux at home). they have been outplaying teams and wearing teams down going into the 3rd (including the sioux friday night).. last night was one of the first games they showed signs of wearing THEMSELVES down. but they pulled it off. hopefully they can rest up enough to be ready for another big series in madison. the concern in MN will be something along the lines of a let-down after 2 emotional wins this weekend. on a side note- i think the gophs will be ranked #1 this week but who knows with those yahoos. sioux were still ranked 15th last week somehow.

to the badger fans- i saw two games earlier this year.. you guys looked young and quite sloppy in the first game (that was EARLY october). the second game i saw you guys looked much better. what can MN expect from you guys offensively/defensively? how about goaltending?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

And I'm glad the thread title got under one person's skin already.
                        It didn't get under my skin. I actually agree. This "rivalry" has been a snoozer since 05-06 and it's clear that UND is your biggest rival at the moment. I can respect that.

Still want to beat you, although no more than I want every Wisconsin based team in every sport to beat a Minnesota team. It's hardly exclusive to hockey.

I can see where you folks might want to stick to just hockey though...

Also - I was getting VERY used to you guys being mediocre. Not sure I like the new turn of events.
                        Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-06-2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          It didn't get under my skin. I actually agree. This "rivalry" has been a snoozer since 05-06 and it's clear that UND is you biggest rival at the moment. I can respect that.

Still want to beat you, although no more than I want every Wisconsin based team in every sport to beat a Minnesota team. It's hardly exclusive to hockey.
                          You're not a Packer fan tho right? Or did I misunderstand you last week?

How it is for most Gopher fans is the UND Ricalry is huge and our all time #1 rivalry to date, and we just dont get up for any other series the same way.. Been that way since I was a kid.. But I think the Badger Rivalry will be just as big after some time in the Big 10.

Comment

Customary is to split on the road. I'm hoping the Gophers win Friday so they're the only team with a shot at the sweep.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I don't know where this secondary crap came from, I recall UW vs. Nodak always being huge (we just hated Geno and the crew) but the MN rodents was always #1 from my perspective and apparently many others in the season ticket fanbase. through the late 80's and especially in the early 90's w/Jim Carey, Andrew "point to the scoreboard" Schier, Zent, Plante, Hill et al

there's always a bigger buzz amongst the fans prior to these games.

and having said that here's my brief pointed preview

LaBate>Rau
                              6>5
                              4>2
                              stick it!
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X