This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: Secondary Rivalry, Just As Much Hatred

This little anecdote about the gophers. Mostly true.

Years ago, I took my wife, who is from non-hockey country and has no interest in the game, to dinner at a GF restaurant. While we were eating, the entire gopher hockey team came in and sat close by. I pointed them out to her, and I have to confess that I expressed my admiration and respect for the fact that the team was made up entirely of Minnesota kids. She commented on how small they were but good looking, in a kind of feminine way. I explained it has always been that way--the gophers have good looking players and ugly fans, while the Sioux and Badgers have ugly players and good looking fans. She thought that made sense. I've always thought that might be the source of some of the tension that exists among the three groups.

Comment

Anyone else sick of the constant history lessons by Gopher fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Then tell your buddy G-Spot to stop bringing it up big guy.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post

Problem solved.
          Did you guys know that Herb Brooks coached the Miracle on Ice! He was a Gopher! And Coached them too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Did you guys know that Herb Brooks coached the Miracle on Ice! He was a Gopher! And Coached them too!
            Sure did. Did you know that has nothing to do with the ongoing argument, and that it is your boy G-Spot that is trying to give us the history lesson on our program?

Tell him not to bring the topic up again unless he has something concrete to support his ridiculous, asinine claims (which will be impossible by the way) and you won't see this discussion anymore
            Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 11-09-2011, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Just think how bad Badger hockey would have been without Minnesotans.

Comment

Originally posted by mahogma View Post
                Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Just think how bad Badger hockey would have been without Minnesotans.
                Why would we have to think about that? When they make it illegal for us to recruit Minnesota then I'll think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  This little anecdote about the gophers. Mostly true.

Years ago, I took my wife, who is from non-hockey country and has no interest in the game, to dinner at a GF restaurant. While we were eating, the entire gopher hockey team came in and sat close by. I pointed them out to her, and I have to confess that I expressed my admiration and respect for the fact that the team was made up entirely of Minnesota kids. She commented on how small they were but good looking, in a kind of feminine way. I explained it has always been that way--the gophers have good looking players and ugly fans, while the Sioux and Badgers have ugly players and good looking fans. She thought that made sense. I've always thought that might be the source of some of the tension that exists among the three groups.
                  Actually, I've been told I'm quite good looking.
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Ski yo momma!
                  Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
                  Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                    Actually, I've been told I'm quite good looking.
                    Must be a Sioux or Badger fan in your tree somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Must be a Sioux or Badger fan in your tree somewhere.
                      Well...a Sioux fan for a neighbor and a Badger fan for a friend. Is that close enough?
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Ski yo momma!
                      Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
                      Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        While you may win, just remember you sconnies will still be paint thinner drinking, deer humping red necks and nothing will change that.

heh
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post

Problem solved.
                          You don't have to, "Defend our honor, sir" each and every time someone even remotely takes a jab. I appreciate your Gopher support but for the love of Parise understand that Gurt and Burd are worthless when it comes to discussing the Gophers so why do you even bother?

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                            Well...a Sioux fan for a neighbor and a Badger fan for a friend. Is that close enough?
                            Between the two of them there just might be enough exposure to get you above the butt-ugly mark. That gopher trait is pretty hard to overcome, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              You don't have to, "Defend our honor, sir" each and every time someone even remotely takes a jab. I appreciate your Gopher support but for the love of Parise understand that Gurt and Burd are worthless when it comes to discussing the Gophers so why do you even bother?
                              Never said I had to. I wanted to because he annoys the crap out of me. However, out of respect for you guys, I am trying to drop it

Comment

Is it January 13th yet? *yawn*
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X