X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: Secondary Rivalry, Just As Much Hatred

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
    gophers are coming off of 2 tough series (sweeping at alaska and the sioux at home). they have been outplaying teams and wearing teams down going into the 3rd (including the sioux friday night).. last night was one of the first games they showed signs of wearing THEMSELVES down. but they pulled it off. hopefully they can rest up enough to be ready for another big series in madison. the concern in MN will be something along the lines of a let-down after 2 emotional wins this weekend. on a side note- i think the gophs will be ranked #1 this week but who knows with those yahoos. sioux were still ranked 15th last week somehow.

to the badger fans- i saw two games earlier this year.. you guys looked young and quite sloppy in the first game (that was EARLY october). the second game i saw you guys looked much better. what can MN expect from you guys offensively/defensively? how about goaltending?
    if the rodents play as well as they have to-date, this *may* be an easy sweep for them (and I effing hate to say that believe me).

UW is making so many mistakes with the young crew and lack of SR leadership available...

defensively Schultz, Schultz, Schultz (on the PP, on the PK, and obviously leading the rush). Also please keep Ramage away from the UW goal at all costs. McCabe is out so beyond Schultz Simonelli is playing well, Faust is playing well.

Goalies - Rumpel is 3-1-1, Peterson 1-4. I think that should rest the case at this point, Rumpel should be the man but I don't know if the coaching staff feels that way yet

Offense - everyone chipping in. Zengerle and Barnes are stepping up, Paape is stepping up as a frosh as is LaBate. Derek Lee is out
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

WI is a "secondary" rival to many MN fans. UND has one thing: hockey. For me, I want to crush their only dream. I hate them 10x as much as WI. We don't care who your #1 rival is.

Hence, the title.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        I don't know where this secondary crap came from, I recall UW vs. Nodak always being huge (we just hated Geno and the crew) but the MN rodents was always #1 from my perspective and apparently many others in the season ticket fanbase. through the late 80's and especially in the early 90's w/Jim Carey, Andrew "point to the scoreboard" Schier, Zent, Plante, Hill et al

there's always a bigger buzz amongst the fans prior to these games.

and having said that here's my brief pointed preview

LaBate>Rau
        6>5
        4>2
        stick it!
        That would be the opinion of many fanbases, but not the Gophs nor the Sioux. (no offense to the Badgers, it is what it is).

The Goph/Sioux rivalry is on a whole different level. My family has had season tix before I came into this world, i'm 42 and I cant name a single Goph fan that thinks otherwise. But I do think the Badger/Goph rivalry will grow into that during the Big 10 era.

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
          That would be the opinion of many fanbases, but not the Gophs nor the Sioux. (no offense to the Badgers, it is what it is).

The Goph/Sioux rivalry is on a whole different level. My family has had season tix before I came into this world, i'm 42 and I cant name a single Goph fan that thinks otherwise. But I do think the Badger/Goph rivalry will grow into that during the Big 10 era.
          This.

Comment

There are probably some pretty smart people among your two clans. Is it theoretically possible that you both get swept? I mean, using some kind of time/light relativity mumbo jumbo that an ignorant Sioux fan can cling to?

Comment

You might want to cover this guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                There are probably some pretty smart people among your two clans. Is it theoretically possible that you both get swept? I mean, using some kind of time/light relativity mumbo jumbo that an ignorant Sioux fan can cling to?
                Not without disrupting the space-time continuum.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                  You might want to cover this guy.....

It'll be interesting to see how his points go as there is more and more tape available.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    It'll be interesting to see how his points go as there is more and more tape available.
                    It hasn't stopped him. At any level. The kid is just simply amazing.

Comment

It hasn't stopped him. At any level. The kid is just simply amazing.
                      That doesn't mean it can't. The jump from HS to WCHA is the biggest jump he has made yet. He has been awesome thus far, and I expect him to be just fine in the end.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

That doesn't mean it can't. The jump from HS to WCHA is the biggest jump he has made yet. He has been awesome thus far, and I expect him to be just fine in the end.
                        We'll see. It's not like any more tape is going to show teams any more. It all comes down to executing on the ice. Kyle always seems to put himself in the right position. His hockey IQ is unreal. As teams adjust, so does he.

Comment

Rau is something special.. A shark on the ice with great Instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post

not even during the Herbie vs. Johnson years?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

This.
                              you guys are raining on the parade here. eff the sioux

rats and badgers #1

Comment

saw the state tourney via stream last year, Rau, along with 2 jrs for Duluth East stood out as head and shoulders above the rest not named LaBate

Comment

Working...
                                X