X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XX - Growth Through Experience

You cannot create experience. You must undergo it. ~Albert Camus

There is nothing so easy to learn as experience and nothing so hard to apply. ~Josh Billings

Skill is the unified force of experience, intellect and passion in their operation. ~John Ruskin

Continue, again. Apparently, when I tried to edit my post I managed to make the whole tread go poof. Oops.

FYI: the current UW recruiting thread is Wisconsin Hockey: Vol XIX

Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XX - Growth Through Experience

I thought you started a new thread to excise gopher poster's responses!

THIS WILL NEVER GET OLD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv87T1CQF8E
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Wait... we had to restart this thread already? Are the gopher trolls that bad?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Wait... we had to restart this thread already? Are the gopher trolls that bad?
        Nope. Got to 50 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
          Nope. Got to 50 pages.
          Nah, he was talking about after the old one got locked, there was a new thread for a brief time before it got deleted and this one put up. There was a misspelling in the title so Almington deleted it and put this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            I thought you started a new thread to excise gopher poster's responses!

THIS WILL NEVER GET OLD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv87T1CQF8E
            Check my sig; been using it for years!! Carl Spackler clap, clap, clap,clap,clap!

JoPa gets some love.....http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=DL|NHL|home

So does Ells......http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=597902

(Apology to solo; I see you posted Joe's on the recruiting thread.)
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-31-2011, 08:09 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Check my sig; been using it for years!! Carl Spackler clap, clap, clap,clap,clap!

JoPa gets some love.....http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=DL|NHL|home

So does Ells......http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=597902

(Apology to solo; I see you posted Joe's on the recruiting thread.)
              best sig on the boards!

thanks for the Elliott link

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Nah, he was talking about after the old one got locked, there was a new thread for a brief time before it got deleted and this one put up. There was a misspelling in the title so Almington deleted it and put this one up.
                Oh. Gotcha.

Comment

also a nice article on Jake Gardiner

"Going into Wisconsin, I knew the coaching staff was superior and knew I needed to work on my defensive game, which is why I chose Wisconsin in the first place," Gardiner said. "They helped me develop into an all-around defenseman and just a guy who can skate the puck up.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=597549

that bolded part is for our rodent friends

Comment

What is up with the Friday attendance, it was like 9700. It was emabarrasing to see the lower bowl that empty on tv. Too much bad press about the defections to the pros, conference re-alignment, being on the road last yr in the wcha tourney, not making the ncaa, the youth and no experienced goalies? 9700 is just horrific. The lower bowl is mostly season ticket holders, correct?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      What is up with the Friday attendance, it was like 9700. It was embarrassing to see the lower bowl that empty on tv. Too much bad press about the defections to the pros, conference re-alignment, being on the road last yr in the wcha tourney, not making the ncaa, the youth and no experienced goalies? 9700 is just horrific. The lower bowl is mostly season ticket holders, correct?
                      Going downtown on Halloween weekend is also a giant mess. I don't know what the WCHA/UW always seem to schedule home games for the Badgers on that weekend. On top of that: UNO isn't a traditional rival, it's still football season, and I'm sure that many people made non-Madison weekend plans considering that the football team was away and the Packers had a bye.

Plus, the athletic department refuses to move the Friday games to 7:30 to make it easier for people to make the games after work.

Comment

NYR vs. SJS tonight first three goals?

Ryan McDonagh, Derek Stepan, Joe Pavelski!

Comment

In other NHL news... Edmonton is really good all of the sudden. And Tom Gilbert's being given a LOT of the workload out there (leading the team in TOI and shifts taken).
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            also a nice article on Jake Gardiner

"Going into Wisconsin, I knew the coaching staff was superior and knew I needed to work on my defensive game, which is why I chose Wisconsin in the first place," Gardiner said. "They helped me develop into an all-around defenseman and just a guy who can skate the puck up.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=597549

that bolded part is for our rodent friends
                            I would agree with him at the time he made his decision. I sure as hell would not want to play for John Hill either.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                              I would agree with him at the time he made his decision. I sure as hell would not want to play for John Hill either.
                              I agree, it was by a significant amount up until a few months ago.. Having Guentzel back makes a huge difference..

Comment

Working...
                              X