• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Exactly.

Titles won by schools not following the "Minnesota Model": 59
    Titles won by schools following the "Minnesota Model": 5

Which side would you rather be on?
    So, more schools wouldn't want the recruits in their back yard that Minnesota has? I have yet to hear one person advocate for only recruiting within state. What they are saying is having more local talent is never a bad thing. To answer your question, I'd rather do it the current Minnesota way. Have loads of high-end recruits in my back yard, but also recruit out of state when the opportunity arises or when it's necessary.
    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 01-30-2012, 04:07 PM.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XX - Growth Through Experience

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Exactly.

Titles won by schools not following the "Minnesota Model": 59
      Titles won by schools following the "Minnesota Model": 5

Which side would you rather be on?
      You just summed up the biggest difference in the fanbases right there.

Gopher fans would much rather do it with MN kids, and support the growth of the sport vs the UND way and bring in a bunch of Canadians. Minnesota is the only school thats ever won an NCAA Championship with all instate kids, twice.

Theres more to College Hockey than NCAA Championships, its called pride. And if it wasn't for that model your precious Sioux or the Badgers wouldn't have nearly as many Minnesotans to lean on.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        You just summed up the biggest difference in the fanbases right there.

Gopher fans would much rather do it with MN kids, and support the growth of the sport vs the UND way and bring in a bunch of Canadians. Minnesota is the only school thats ever won an NCAA Championship with all instate kids, twice.

Theres more to College Hockey than NCAA Championships, its called pride. And if it wasn't for that model your precious Sioux or the Badgers wouldn't have nearly as many Minnesotans to lean on.
        Your statements contradict each other. You claim that one of the main reasons that North Dakota won titles was because of Canadians, and then you claim that the Sioux lean on Minnesotans.

Anyway, I could care less where the kids come from; I want my school to win titles. I don't go shoving the non-Minnesota way (which is obviously a superior way of winning titles) down your throat, and I don't appreciate you shoving your Minnesota-way down mine. It is extremely annoying, and pointless.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Your statements contradict each other. You claim that one of the main reasons that North Dakota won titles was because of Canadians, and then you claim that the Sioux lean on Minnesotans.

Anyway, I could care less where the kids come from; I want my school to win titles. I don't go shoving the non-Minnesota way (which is obviously a superior way of winning titles) down your throat, and I don't appreciate you shoving your Minnesota-way down mine. It is extremely annoying, and pointless.
          Dont whine about it, you asked.

And yes your team is almost always comprised of Minnesotans and Canadians, so while you bash the Gopher program just understand its that very program that created the talent pool in MN ultimately leading to what your precious programs leans on for talent.

Comment

And pervasive. These two cannot be in a hockey conversation without bringing it up.

This is exactly why he started a thread (and I sarcastically commented on it) about Herb getting an Icons show. General interest to the broader board? Maybe. But, chance to show the rest of us how great Minnesota hockey is? Exactly.

Should have and could have been in the Gopher thread. Now normally, I'm not the thread police around here, but it's so painfully obvious what he's up to that I have to call him on it.

I also want to win titles. Once they're here, they are Badgers, wherever their hometown was.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              And pervasive. These two cannot be in a hockey conversation without bringing it up.

This is exactly why he started a thread (and I sarcastically commented on it) about Herb getting an Icons show. General interest to the broader board? Maybe. But, chance to show the rest of us how great Minnesota hockey is? Exactly.

Should have and could have been in the Gopher thread. Now normally, I'm not the thread police around here, but it's so painfully obvious what he's up to that I have to call him on it.

I also want to win titles. Once they're here, they are Badgers, wherever their hometown was.

Theres more to this board than WI Hockey fans, so spend some time getting over yourself. Theres many people that do like Herb Brooks, SCSU, many of the Boston Hockey fans and ofcourse Gopher fans.

But your inferiority complex wants to believe I posted that just to turn the screws into the WI fanbase. pathetic

Comment

Dont whine about it, you asked.

And yes your team is almost always comprised of Minnesotans and Canadians, so while you bash the Gopher program just understand its that very program that created the talent pool in MN ultimately leading to what your precious programs leans on for talent.
                Wrong. North Dakota usually has about 5 or so Minnesotans on the team (sometimes more, sometimes less). Plus, the Minnesotans that we have on our team now are goons and crybabies...

Again though, I could care less. If our team was made up of 23 Minnesotans and won a title, I would be thrilled. But if that were to happen, it would not be because of the University of Minnesota, it would be because of the North Dakota program.
                North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Wrong. North Dakota usually has about 5 or so Minnesotans on the team (sometimes more, sometimes less). Plus, the Minnesotans that we have on our team now are goons and crybabies...

Again though, I could care less. If our team was made up of 23 Minnesotans and won a title, I would be thrilled. But if that were to happen, it would not be because of the University of Minnesota, it would be because of the North Dakota program.
                  It would be because of Minnesota High School hockey
                  Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 01-30-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Theres more to this board than WI Hockey fans, so spend some time getting over yourself. Theres many people that do like Herb Brooks, SCSU, many of the Boston Hockey fans and ofcourse Gopher fans.

But your inferiority complex wants to believe I posted that just to turn the screws into the WI fanbase. pathetic
                    This THREAD is about UW hockey. If all you are going to blather on about is how great the state of Minnesota is at producing hockey players, that the Golden Gophers are gods gift to hockey fans everywhere, or the canonization of Herb Brooks and John Mariucci; PLEASE go to a different thread and leave this one for talk about the University of Wisconsin Hockey program. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
                      This THREAD is about UW hockey. If all you are going to blather on about is how great the state of Minnesota is at producing hockey players, that the Golden Gophers are gods gift to hockey fans everywhere, or the canonization of Herb Brooks and John Mariucci; PLEASE go to a different thread and leave this one for talk about the University of Wisconsin Hockey program. Thanks.
                      @AndyBaggotWSJ: A baffling reality for the Wisconsin men's hockey team: It's on pace to finish season with under 1,000 shots on goal. UW record is 1,135.

That blows my mind. Have they really been having that much trouble getting pucks to the net?

Comment

So let me get this straight, you have all these MN kids on your roster that aren't pleasing you for whatever reason, and thats MN's issue. BUT if your Sioux were to win an NCAA with 23 Minnesotans then its because of the Sioux program?

And for someone that claims to know so much about College Hockey you're again conveniently missing the point. Its THAT program you despise so much that supports the growth of the sport in MN and turned MN into the hotbed it is today, ultimately benifitng many programs.

Comment

I just how this thread went to hell over absolutely nothing. Cracks me up.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I'm not so obtuse as to think you just wanted to rub it in Wisconsin's face. You want to show EVERYONE how great the Gophers are and how we all owe you, er, your state everything that we have, evidently because of John Mariucci.

Look back at your posts and tell me where I'm wrong.

The best part is that you think anyone who follows UND, Denver or UW would have an inferiority complex over the Gophers. THAT'S rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              Agreed. Here were my observations about Wisconsin from this past weekend...

Rumpel did not play well. He wasn't necessarily helped out all that much by his defensemen, but he struggled at times, and not just on the long MacWilliam goal.

Zengerle is an absolute stud. If this kid sticks around next year, and Wisconsin gets a true scorer to pair with him, they will be scary. Someone had mentioned earlier that Wisconsin is a team to watch out for to make a Frozen Four next year, and I completely agree if Zengerle is back in the mix. He didn't play great on Saturday, but he was electric on Friday and at times on Saturday.

Schultz will be missed next year (assuming he will go pro...if anything he's ready to go pro). He didn't have the best weekend against UND, but played well. In the series earlier this year he dominated, and from what I've seen from him in other games he's the best player in college hockey. If I had a vote, I would give him the nod for Hobey this season. I hope he comes back, as I like to see as much talent as possible play.

Other than those guys, Meuer and Mersch stood out as very solid players. If they can continue improving their game, they should be fun to watch next season. This Wisconsin team has a ton of potential, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made a run here at the end of the season, but either way, the Badgers will be scary good next season.

Anyway, those were my thoughts on the team from this past weekend, and hopefully that gets this thread a little back on track (sorry for my part in its derailing).
                              North Dakota

Comment

So let me get this straight, you have all these MN kids on your roster that aren't pleasing you for whatever reason, and thats MN's issue. BUT if your Sioux were to win an NCAA with 23 Minnesotans then its because of the Sioux program?
                                If I may, 23?

I believe what he's saying is that you love the MN kids until they put on a Sioux jersey and then they suddenly become crybabies and goons.

Comment

Working...
                                X