This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XX - Growth Through Experience

Brendan Smith is making his NHL debut tonight for the Wings vs Joey Pavs, Winchester, and the Sharks.

Comment

My weekends predictions.

Friday: UW 2 CC 3
      Saturday: UW 5 CC 2

We salvage a split from the Tigers.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
        Thanks for the replies. I called the ticket office today, and they said that once the tickets are ordered, there is nothing they can do. I wonder if I just got the "new guy" who didn't know how to change an existing order?
        Instead of changing it, will they let you cancel it? It's pretty far out there timewise. Maybe you need to go up the ladder at the ticket office.

Rumpel starting tonight. The larger ice sheet in St. Cloud was a real problem for UW, hopefully they can apply what they learned from that series to this one.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Instead of changing it, will they let you cancel it? It's pretty far out there timewise. Maybe you need to go up the ladder at the ticket office.

Rumpel starting tonight. The larger ice sheet in St. Cloud was a real problem for UW, hopefully they can apply what they learned from that series to this one.
          UW (basically) plays on the same size sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            UW (basically) plays on the same size sheet.
            If my memory serves, both CC and SCSU have much deeper corners than the Kohl Center, that plus the 1.5ft on either side may have some impact.

I suspect that the bigger impact is the friendly home atmosphere vs a hostile road environment on a young team. They should be better playing on the road latter in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
              If my memory serves, both CC and SCSU have much deeper corners than the Kohl Center, that plus the 1.5ft on either side may have some impact.
              I think that 3 ft of extra width is was factor that St. Cloud weekend, along with the point that UW really seemed lost out there.

I also very much dislike the change to the away jersey, with the white band on the lower part of the jersey now extending all the way to the end of the jersey, whereas the old style the white band had red on both sides of it.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'll be going to both games this weekend here in Colorado Springs. Should be a fun time and a couple of close games.

Heading Tony's (Wisconsin-themed bar) before tonights game for some brew, deep fried cheese curds and walleye! We usually have a pretty good group of Badger fans at Tony's before and after the games. If anyone's in the area, stop by!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
                  I'll be going to both games this weekend here in Colorado Springs. Should be a fun time and a couple of close games.

Heading Tony's (Wisconsin-themed bar) before tonights game for some brew, deep fried cheese curds and walleye! We usually have a pretty good group of Badger fans at Tony's before and after the games. If anyone's in the area, stop by!

Tony's sounds great! Have fun and get us a couple of wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Tony's sounds great! Have fun and get us a couple of wins.
                    Awesome place...great Wisconsin beers on tap, Packer/Badger banners, pics everywhere, fun crowd. (Lot's of Wisconsin fans here in Colorado) Feels like I'm at home when I'm at Tony's.

2 wins would be awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I think that 3 ft of extra width is was factor that St. Cloud weekend, along with the point that UW really seemed lost out there.

I also very much dislike the change to the away jersey, with the white band on the lower part of the jersey now extending all the way to the end of the jersey, whereas the old style the white band had red on both sides of it.
                      I disagree. A foot and a half is minimal on each side. Seven and a half going from nhl to olympic surfaces is another story.

Comment

Hoping for at least a split, but we'll have to see which Badgers team shows up. They're trending upward and starting to come together, but they're still too uneven- especially on defense- to be too sure. Good things to come, right?

In other news, Not one of Craig Smith's proudest moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_dAY...e_gdata_player
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

the games can be seen via America One this weekend for $8 a pop

http://www.b2livetv.com/upcoming_events.asp
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

New third jerseys for tonight.

Hadn't heard about these.

Comment

hmmm, well they're better than those fugly's with the large bucky on the front circa kuk/reinprecht era
                              Last edited by solovsfett; 11-19-2011, 08:04 PM.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                                New third jerseys for tonight.

Hadn't heard about these.
                                I like him. Here's a few more pics.

http://t.co/8g4zbJUi
                                http://t.co/FKRIrMxz
                                http://t.co/E0EpwlKP
                                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                                sigpic
                                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Working...
                                X