New Poll Predictions for 11/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll Predictions for 11/1

I don't know if a new poll is coming out tomorrow or not, but if there is....here are my projections.

1.Norwich
    2.St. Norbert
    3.Oswego
    4.Adrian
    5.Plattsburgh
    6.Castleton
    7.Bowdoin
    8.Utica
    9.Superior
    10.Hamline
    11.Elmira
    12.Neumann
    13.Geneseo
    14.MSOE
    15.Curry
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 11/1

There has to be.... they didnt bother posting one last week!
    Our bite is worse than our bark....
    Top guys, out.

Comment

Manhattanville and Adrian both beat the us u18 and the us 18 beats division one teams..interesting

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfollower View Post
        Manhattanville and Adrian both beat the us u18 and the us 18 beats division one teams..interesting
        This year vs. NCAA teams:

1-3 vs D-1 competition (beat Vermont, lost to Michigan, Colorado College and Denver)
        1-2 vs D-3 competition (beat Plattsburgh, lost to Adrian and Manhattanville)

*shrug*

I've seen the U-18s for close to a decade now. While I wouldn't consider this version one of the best ones I've seen, they're certainly not bad as far as the U-18s I've seen. I don't know if that makes any sense or not, but that's what I'm going with.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          This year vs. NCAA teams:

1-3 vs D-1 competition (beat Vermont, lost to Michigan, Colorado College and Denver)
          1-2 vs D-3 competition (beat Plattsburgh, lost to Adrian and Manhattanville)

*shrug*

I've seen the U-18s for close to a decade now. While I wouldn't consider this version one of the best ones I've seen, they're certainly not bad as far as the U-18s I've seen. I don't know if that makes any sense or not, but that's what I'm going with.
          Plattsburgh had also just had its first official practice that morning....I'd like to see them play the US team a week or 2 into the season again. Its very hard to judge on the US18 team vs anyone.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

There's a lot of talent there, and you can tell those players are going to be good, and soon. I also find it interesting that they're now 6-7 on the year, including the exhibitions.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Plattsburgh had also just had its first official practice that morning....I'd like to see them play the US team a week or 2 into the season again. Its very hard to judge on the US18 team vs anyone.
              Not to mention multiple starters were in street clothes serving suspensions from the Spring.
              Plattsburgh State Cardinals
              1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
              21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Utica comes out higher than your predictions, Prez. I could see them at 6 or 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Statking View Post
                  I wouldn't be surprised if Utica comes out higher than your predictions, Prez. I could see them at 6 or 7.
                  I wouldn't be shocked either. I thought about that as I was making them and I think you're right. Utica probably will break into the 6th or 7th range. Bowdoin and Castleton haven't played yet and Utica beat the #2 team in the country.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

St Norbert lost too !!
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfollower View Post
                      the question is who did the U18 team start often toward the end of their exhibition run they are playing their weakest lines to see who they are going to keep around for the long run and what positions they want to recruit for in the future so it may not have been their best talent on the ice

Comment

When is this **** poll going to come out...anyone know anything about it yet?
                        Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                        Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                        Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                        2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                        2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
                          the question is who did the U18 team start often toward the end of their exhibition run they are playing their weakest lines to see who they are going to keep around for the long run and what positions they want to recruit for in the future so it may not have been their best talent on the ice
                          ............really ?

Comment

I think a jump from 13 to 6 might be tough for Utica, despite beating Oswego. I wouldn't be surprised to see them at a 7 or 8, but if they beat Elmira this weekend, they could be sitting in the top 5 next week. That is...if there is a poll next week.

Edit: Actually, a big jump for Utica would make sense, considering there was no poll last week.
                            Last edited by LakerFan99; 10-31-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                              ............really ?
                              Really.

There are so many players on the U18 roster, that who they decide to suit up for a particular game is dependent on who their opponent is that night. So, the team that gets beat by a D3 school may not be the same team that turns around and beats a D1 team.

It is very difficult to make direct comparisons to those who play the U18 team, because it's rarely ever the same consistent lineup.

EDIT: I looked up the roster on USAHockey.com, and I only see 23 players listed. I thought they had a lot more players to choose from before they start worrying about the international tournaments.
                              Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 10-31-2011, 02:37 PM.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                              X