Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ DU: To Be the Best You Must Play the Best... (Oct. 4th and 5th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ DU: To Be the Best You Must Play the Best... (Oct. 4th and 5th)

UMD is coming off their first sweep of the year against BSU at home. The make their first road trip to Denver in a long time (2008?)

DU is coming off only a point in Houghton against MTU. Which means they will be highly motivated to take it out on UMD

But Murrey's status is unknown at this point, which could be a key to this series.

If UMD takes more than a point this weekend I will be a happy man.

Thoughts?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ DU: To Be the Best You Must Play the Best... (Oct. 4th and 5th)

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    UMD is coming off their first sweep of the year against BSU at home. The make their first road trip to Denver in a long time (2008?)

DU is coming off only a point in Houghton against MTU. Which means they will be highly motivated to take it out on UMD

But Murrey's status is unknown at this point, which could be a key to this series.

Thoughts?
    Just one. Are we going back in time for this series? Because Oct 4-5 has already passed.
    Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
      Just one. Are we going back in time for this series? Because Oct 4-5 has already passed.
      Dang. This is why I never like putting the dates on series...
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

So is UMD playing Tech, or do they not want to be the best?

Comment

This is the beginning of Homevember for DU with 7 straight home games starting with this pair against UMD followed by a single game against CC, a pair with UNO and single games with Princeton and Miami over Thanksgiving weekend. DU needs to establish themselves after a Jekyll and Hyde start in the first 6 games. At times, they can look like the best team in the country followed by stretches or games in which they make critical errors which generally lead to opposing goals. There is no doubt this team is talent-laden, it is a matter of just being more consistent. Right now they are consistently inconsistent. For the first time ever, DU has 3 goalies who are D-1 caliber. The only problem is Sam Brittain is out until mid- to late January and Adam Murray sustained an upper body injury last Friday at MTU. Third string, walk-on goalie Juho Olkinuora got the start last Saturday and more than proved himself capable of playing in this league. Murray dressed as his back-up last Saturday and wanted to play. I don't think we will know who will play goal this weekend until later in the week. After only getting 1 point last weekend, I suspect the Pios will come out breathing fire on Friday.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Kenny Is very streaky and hasn't given up a goal in 5 periods so if he gets going friday he could string 4 good games together
            2009 WCHA Champions: tUMD Bulldogs!

Title Town 2011!

Comment

FYI, this Friday's game is being televised by Root Sports (old FSN-RM) and Saturday's is webcast on Pioneer Vision for a fee. Friday's game is also on Fox College Sports (FCS) Atlantic.
              Last edited by du78; 10-31-2011, 01:21 PM.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                FYI, this Friday's game is being televised by Root Sports (old FSN-RM) and Saturday's is webcast on Pioneer Vision for a fee. Friday's game is also on Fox College Sports (FCS) Atlantic.
                awesome! Now I can watch it.

So Pio fans...what happened to your squad last week?
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

awesome! Now I can watch it.

So Pio fans...what happened to your squad last week?
                  We found out why Tech wanted to kick us out of the WCHA. We just can't compete at their high level.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                    We found out why Tech wanted to kick us out of the WCHA. We just can't compete at their high level.
                    I knew it!
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

Considering the shake up in lines on Saturday, and Salazar's demotion the 4th line, and Bennett and potenially Knowlton coming back, the offense appears to be in a state of flux.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        Considering the shake up in lines on Saturday, and Salazar's demotion the 4th line, and Bennett and potenially Knowlton coming back, the offense appears to be in a state of flux.
                        Definitely going to be interesting to see what Gwoz does.
                        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Thoughts?
                          I've seen DU (or is DS?) play twice already this season at World Arena North. The Pioneers (or is Roadrunners?) have serious internal trouble between players and coaches, add in the injuries and Metro State will be lucky to get one point this weekend. George is not liked by most of the players and it is showing on the ice!
                          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Question, which crowd will be louder? Crowd at Magnus this weekend, or crow at Presidential Debate? I am going with the debate...
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                              In Duluth the local My 9 is going to pick up this game on Friday as well. I'm sure it will just be the feed and maybe even the same announces that Root Sports uses, but hey...we get to watch the Dogs on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X