Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/04-11/05 Michigan Tech vs. Minn State - A Civil Chat Among Future WCCHA Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/04-11/05 Michigan Tech vs. Minn State - A Civil Chat Among Future WCCHA Teams

(Getting an early start with Minn State just to put Denver in the rearview mirror as fast as possible... that was a brutal week on the boards.)

Tech comes off three points against Denver and thankfully won't have them back in Houghton again for a loooong time.
    Mankato heads to the UP looking for their first WCHA points against the Huskies who currently stand 2nd in the WCHA and remain undefeated at home (5-0-1).

Gentlemen, you know the rules.
    I want a good clean discussion.
    Don't Denver someone below the belt.
    In the event of a knockdown go to a neutral corner.
    At the sound of the bell touch gloves and come out fighting.
    Let's get it on!

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Re: 11/04-11/05 Michigan Tech vs. Minn State - A Civil Chat Among Future WCCHA Teams

Mostly adding thread marker, but yeah...

Wait, so you mean I won't have to read through a bunch of crappy drama related posts just to get some quick hockey information?!

GENUIS!

Comment

Re: 11/04-11/05 Michigan Tech vs. Minn State - A Civil Chat Among Future WCCHA Teams

Like Bemidji, it's hard for me to work up any ire for UMSUAMU (or whatever... the purple team) since we're like-minded institutions and all and we've been splitting rent on the WCHA's basement many years.
      Tech sweeps 4-1, 3-2
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        and we've been splitting rent on the WCHA's basement many years

Comment

I hate Civil engineers so I'm pretty sure I'm won't be to happy with a civil chat.
          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

This should be an interesting week for looking at the make up of the new WCHA/CCHA with three match-ups of future conference teams. MTU/MSUM, BSU/LSSU, BGSU/FSU.

Comment

Like Bemidji, it's hard for me to work up any ire for UMSUAMU (or whatever... the purple team) since we're like-minded institutions and all and we've been splitting rent on the WCHA's basement many years.
              Tech sweeps 4-1, 3-2
              Purple Cows for my thread marker

Comment

Tech sweeps 4-1, 3-2
                Quite possible.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I'm going to say Tech comes through with a letdown and only splits.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I'm going to say Tech comes through with a letdown and only splits.
                    You have to figure the Purple Cows will be coming in with eyes wide open knowing it could be very tough. No surprise. Saw their new and old rink this summer. Does the women's team still practice and or play at the old rink?

Comment

What's the WCCHA?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        What's the WCCHA?
                        The WiCCA conference. That's what I'm calling it.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Saw their new and old rink this summer. Does the women's team still practice and or play at the old rink?
                          Both the men and women practice there, the women also play their games there.
                          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                            Both the men and women practice there, the women also play their games there.
                            I take it they play games on the regulation side not the Olympic side.

Comment

Mankato is going to have a tough year. They have a lot of injuries and they don't have a lot of offensive firepower. 3 of their 4 top scorers are freshman and they have almost 100 less shots on goal than Tech. The only tough opponent they've faced this season has been Denver. Lee's got a decent save %, but I just can't see them beating Tech in Houghton. I predict a Tech sweep in which Lee gets a workout but prevents a blowout.....4-1, 5-2. I think Genoe will get some time in net for Tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X