Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/04-11/05 Michigan Tech vs. Minn State - A Civil Chat Among Future WCCHA Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    sandbagger! The word already leaked out that the Mavericks will be healthy and hungry for points this weekend.
    I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen this team play hungry for one game all year, and that was Friday at Denver; a team MTU took 3 from.

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    We'd be happy to get out of anywhere with a split this year.
    This is unfortunately becoming more and more true.
    Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    What a difference a new coach makes.

Hint hint - Buisman
    Don't get MavsFan or I started here...
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: 11/04-11/05 Michigan Tech vs. Minn State - A Civil Chat Among Future WCCHA Teams

It is a shame that the MSUM admin is happy with their DII wrestlers and basketball players doing well, and doesn't give a rip about their only division one team.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Re: 11/04-11/05 Michigan Tech vs. Minn State - A Civil Chat Among Future WCCHA Teams

I agree with geezer - they are sandbagging us - oh we're injured, oh we have no fans, no alum support, we're dressing bus drivers, half the guys are on skates for the first time, our equipments been stolen, STDs are sweeping the team - we've heard it all before. Tech better look sharp.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          I had lunch with a couple of MSU hockey fans, and the general attitude was that no one would be surprised if the Mavericks went winless in conference this year.
          They would pretty much have to try to lose every game for that to happen. Last year was arguably the worst Tech season ever (certainly one of the top 3 worst), and even they won two conference games. You guys will either get healthy and more competitive, or you'll eventually catch a top team sleeping like Tech did in Denver last February. You've got what, 30 more games total? You're going to win at least a couple WCHA games.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          I agree with geezer - they are sandbagging us - oh we're injured, oh we have no fans, no alum support, we're dressing bus drivers, half the guys are on skates for the first time, our equipments been stolen, STDs are sweeping the team - we've heard it all before. Tech better look sharp.
          Well, Mankato hasn't had a player suffer a stroke yet...so they've got that going for them.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            I agree with geezer - they are sandbagging us - oh we're injured, oh we have no fans, no alum support, we're dressing bus drivers, half the guys are on skates for the first time, our equipments been stolen, STDs are sweeping the team - we've heard it all before.
            Yes we have. Usually from Tech.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Yes we have. Usually from Tech.
              It's frighteningly familiar. But on the bright side for the ugly purple colored team, we can verify a light at the end of the tunnel. Step one is, raise millions of dollars and hire a well-connected coach.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

It's frighteningly familiar. But on the bright side for the ugly purple colored team, we can verify a light at the end of the tunnel. Step one is, raise millions of dollars and hire a well-connected coach.
                The problem is, that ain't happening here. No how, no way.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by yesh30 View Post
                  Everyone keeps saying they're waiting for a letdown, or for Tech to come out flat footed, but I honestly don't see that happening. You have to remember that they have a new coach, which is a HUGE reason for their early success. I don't think Mel will let them come out and not play a solid game. He's been around college hockey long enough to know that you can't EXPECT to win every game, even against weaker opponents, so you need to come out with the same intensity every game. Thats true at every level of hockey, not just college tho.
                  While the sentiments behind the statements are right on, however Mel has said explicitly that the Huskies are indeed to EXPECT to win every night, to get into that mindframe of winning. Winning is a mentality, ask Charlie Sheen.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  They would pretty much have to try to lose every game for that to happen. Last year was arguably the worst Tech season ever (certainly one of the top 3 worst), and even they won two conference games. You guys will either get healthy and more competitive, or you'll eventually catch a top team sleeping like Tech did in Denver last February. You've got what, 30 more games total? You're going to win at least a couple WCHA games.

Well, Mankato hasn't had a player suffer a stroke yet...so they've got that going for them.
                  Yah, yah. They'll win eventually. It's not as bad, other than their Jutting problem, as the Cows think.

Poor G-Bill......awwwww, whaddya have to go and do that for........

Check and check. Phase one complete.
                  Last edited by HuskyNation; 11-01-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I don't always drink Kool-aid, but when I do, I prefer Coach Pearson's:

"The first thing we did (Monday) was brought our team out on the ice after warmups, and asked them what Minnesota State's record was. They knew. And I asked them if I should be concerned about that. They said 'no.' I asked them why. They said it doesn't matter who we're playing. And that's exactly right," Pearson said.

"It doesn't matter if we're playing the Detroit Red Wings or a AAA Midget team, we have to set a standard of play, and that's how we have to play. It's not about the opponent - it's about our team - and we still have a lot to prove. As far as coaches, we won't let them have a letdown," he added.
                    http://mininggazette.com/page/conten....html?nav=5062

Stay thirsty, Tech fans...

Comment

*****http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5963/createthefuture.jpg******
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Oh what I would do for a coach like that...Tech may very well return to national prominence and run the WCHA.
                        AF 99

Comment

The article also points out that the results don't necessarily mean the coaching staff is completely happy or unhappy with the way a game went. Pearson thought we slacked off in the second half of our "7"-2 win over DU. Conversely, he thought our 3-1 loss to Bemidji was our best game so far this year in terms of executing our systems and style of play, despite coming up short on the scoreboard.

Comment

The article also points out that the results don't necessarily mean the coaching staff is completely happy or unhappy with the way a game went. Pearson thought we slacked off in the second half of our "7"-2 win over DU. Conversely, he thought our 3-1 loss to Bemidji was our best game so far this year in terms of executing our systems and style of play, despite coming up short on the scoreboard.
                            Again..amazing. As I begin my coaching career right now, I aspire to coach like this.
                            AF 99

Comment

Dirk mentioned on the radio that he got intel from some DU guys that Mankato is a much, much better team than their record indicates, and will win a lot of games especially as they get healthier.

Wow, it's fun when the games matter.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I keep pinching myself. Personally we have a ways to go and you have to remember these are the same players from last year.
                                We still have trouble around the net finishing chances, we still slack off with the lead, we still hang the goalie out too much, we still lose focus too often.

I agree totally though, Mel is awesome and the staff is awesome. Best since a long, long, time ago. My worries down the line center on the financial aspects of making things work without the final five money.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X