Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sioux vs Gophers - Sioux invade the John...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sioux vs Gophers - Sioux invade the John...

I honestly can't believe that someone hasn't started this thread yet. The Series that many fans mark on their calender...

The Fighting Sioux are (3-4-1, 1-3 WCHA). The Gophers (7-1-0, 4-0-0 WCHA) are brimming with confidence after dispatching the UAA Seawolves 5-0 and 3-1 to sweep UAA.

Some fans seem to "believe" that the Fighting Sioux don't stand a snowballs chance in hell against the mighty Golden Gophers. You can through records out the door during this series.

This thread will self destruct in like 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Re: Sioux vs Gophers - Sioux invade the John...

Even if the Gophers are the better team, it doesn't really mean anything in this series. It never does.
    University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      Even if the Gophers are the better team, it doesn't really mean anything in this series. It never does.
      I agree, but I will say this. This series is an opportunity for the Gophers to create a HUGE gap between them and the Sioux in the standings. That's an opportunity that doesn't come often. I'd like at least 3 points. 4 would be better.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I wonder if North Dakota's finest will be in attendance...

Comment

should be fun. here is to hoping fox comes to a deal with directv this week

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
            Agreed...although Saturday's game is on Big Ten Network.

Gophers are the huge favorites this weekend, but hopefully North Dakota can continue to improve and make it a good series.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I agree, but I will say this. This series is an opportunity for the Gophers to create a HUGE gap between them and the Sioux in the standings. That's an opportunity that doesn't come often. I'd like at least 3 points. 4 would be better.
              I just meant that you can typically throw out win-loss record and who the better team is as the games are generally pretty competitive.
              University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                I just meant that you can typically throw out win-loss record and who the better team is as the games are generally pretty competitive.
                I knew what you meant. I just wanted to highlight the unique circumstances. They've been kicking us while we've been down the last few years. Payback is a b.....
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Gophers are the huge favorites this weekend, but hopefully North Dakota can continue to improve and make it a good series.
                  Sandbagging: No longer just for April.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                    According to my DirecTV menu the Saturday game in on the BTN. I do agree I hope they settle this little dispute they have with FSN/Fox...
                    Eric's Twitter

Comment

By the end of the weekend we will hear how the Sioux are a bunch of goons...
                      Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                        Nah, you will hear about it all week.

Comment

We call a spade a spade. We're silly that way.

Comment

And you'll probably be complaining about the officiating.

It is what it is

Comment

I honestly can't believe that someone hasn't started this thread yet. The Series that many fans mark on their calender...

The Fighting Sioux are (3-4-1, 1-3 WCHA). The Gophers (7-1-0, 4-0-0 WCHA) are brimming with confidence after dispatching the UAA Seawolves 5-0 and 3-1 to sweep UAA.

Some fans seem to "believe" that the Fighting Sioux don't stand a snowballs chance in hell against the mighty Golden Gophers. You can through records out the door during this series.

This thread will self destruct in like 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
                              Records mean nadda in this series..

Comment

Working...
                              X