Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sioux vs Gophers - Sioux invade the John...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sioux vs Gophers - Sioux invade the John...

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    It sounds like both teams are a little shaky defensively(at least I know Minnesota is at times and I feel like UND is also based on what you guys are saying). So if sue can bury a couple chances early and get the Gophers back on their heels then who knows? I don't think its as bad as you are trying to sandbag there, willy.
    I am a realist and just hoping the Sioux hang from a selfish point of view, I want to see a good game. Besides, I live too far from the red to worry about sandbagging.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      It sounds like both teams are a little shaky defensively(at least I know Minnesota is at times and I feel like UND is also based on what you guys are saying). So if sue can bury a couple chances early and get the Gophers back on their heels then who knows? I don't think its as bad as you are trying to sandbag there, willy.
      I don't think so either. The Gophers have had a ten minute stretch in every game where they have been really sloppy and undisciplined. Vermont and UMD were the only team's they've played who were able to capitalize on that. For UMD it wasn't enough, but Vermont one game it was.

If the Gophers lapse into undisciplined play this weekend, it will probably cost them a game or two.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        I don't think so either. The Gophers have had a ten minute stretch in every game where they have been really sloppy and undisciplined. Vermont and UMD were the only team's they've played who were able to capitalize on that. For UMD it wasn't enough, but Vermont one game it was.

If the Gophers lapse into undisciplined play this weekend, it will probably cost them a game or two.
        geez, you make it sound like you are playing BC or tech this weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          geez, you make it sound like you are playing BC or tech this weekend...
          Did you watch our Sunday game against Vermont? With the way we played in the second period, Mankato probably would have scored 4 goals on us that period.
          Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 11-04-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            I am a realist and just hoping the Sioux hang from a selfish point of view, I want to see a good game. Besides, I live too far from the red to worry about sandbagging.
            I'm a realist too and any games against sue scare me. It doesn't matter who is playing well and who isn't. I think they will both be good games. I hope the Gophers come out ahead in at least one of them. Most people are predicting split but I wouldn't be surprised if either team sweeps.

And I don't care how far away from the Red you are, I still call sandbagging
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              Did you watch our Sunday game against Vermont? With the way we played in the second period, Mankata probably would have scored 4 goals on us that period.
              I did watch that game...I am pretty sure the only reason Vermont won that game is because I was cheering for them so hard.

Comment

No sandbagging. I'm praying for at least 1pt this weekend.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                  I did watch that game...I am pretty sure the only reason Vermont won that game is because I was cheering for them so hard.
                  Well in two years you will not have to worry about cheering against the Gophers.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    I wasn't talking postseason in my first post, and apparently didn't read it as thoroughly as I should have.

I highly doubt UND hosts the Gophers next season.
                    The word is the last series in GF in a long time will be the upcoming Jan series.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      Looks like the upcoming Jan series in Grand Forks will be the last one for sometime.
                      When I saw Jan series, I thought you were talking about SCSU.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Sioux fans should be thanking the Gophers because they actually get to watch a couple of games in HD for once.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                          Sioux fans should be thanking the Gophers because they actually get to watch a couple of games in HD for once.
                          you have a great point... most teams have to wait to make it well into the NCAAs to see their team in HD.

Comment

So the thread fizzles out as soon as a little bit of hockey talk and sue sandbagging starts up?
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              So the thread fizzles out as soon as a little bit of hockey talk and sue sandbagging starts up?
                              Let's not lie... this has been a weaksauce UND/MN series thread. I blame Dirty.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                Let's not lie... this has been a weaksauce UND/MN series thread. I blame Dirty.
                                A few good moments scattered in... but yeah.

Although it may get nasty later after an actual game has been played.

Edit: A part deuce is on the horizon.
                                Last edited by Driftryder; 11-04-2011, 04:21 PM.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X