UW @ SCSU "The Christmas Series"; Red, White, and Green between the Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UW @ SCSU "The Christmas Series"; Red, White, and Green between the Pipes

Well Mike Lee's long-term status is unknown, but all indications are there's no way he'll be in this series which means both teams have two freshmen options they can go with, Peterson and Rumpel for UW, Faragher and Phillippi for SCSU.

Both teams coming off splits, UW blowing a lead then holding onto a lead at home against UNO, SCSU's Faragher stealing a game in North Dakota and then losing 3-1.

Thoughts? Concerns? Comments on cheese?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: UW @ SCSU "The Christmas Series"; Red, White, and Green between the Pipes

UW lost two big-time players on consecutive weeks. Jake McCabe will be out, and Derek Lee will be out.

I'm hoping for a split
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Gut feeling says split.
      This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
      www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

This series is sweepable.
        Keep building on what they've been doing.
        Defense is starting to come together.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

The Badgers have shown that they can light the lamp this year. I say Badger sweep easily.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            The Badgers have shown that they can light the lamp this year. I say Badger sweep easily.
            Did you say the same thing before Tech too?
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Did you say the same thing before Tech too?
              No.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

No.
                So you have Tech as a better team than SCSU?

Huskies sweep

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Hey Malamute fans, I haven't kept up, who are the goal scorers or blue-chip types on SCSU to keep an eye on?
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Hey Malamute fans, I haven't kept up, who are the goal scorers or blue-chip types on SCSU to keep an eye on?
                    LeBlanc, Festler, Hanowski probably the three most dangerous; coming in we would have said Eddy but he's not been able to find twine yet, Reid and Dowd are two sophomores that know how to score and Novak has been a surprise with 4 goals to this point. Sorry to list 7 guys, but I think leaving any of them off the list would have someone from the SCSU camp get on me for not including them. This SCSU team is far from great, but scoring depth is our bread and butter. You go with a top 2 or 3 scorers on the team in the WCHA we may not matchup with some other squads, but when you talk depth I don't know that anybody's got us beat.

Comment

Recent string of scoring will not be the norm on the road. Check Mike Eaves record at St Cloud over the years. Not pretty. Split at best.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        LeBlanc, Festler, Hanowski probably the three most dangerous; coming in we would have said Eddy but he's not been able to find twine yet, Reid and Dowd are two sophomores that know how to score and Novak has been a surprise with 4 goals to this point. Sorry to list 7 guys, but I think leaving any of them off the list would have someone from the SCSU camp get on me for not including them. This SCSU team is far from great, but scoring depth is our bread and butter. You go with a top 2 or 3 scorers on the team in the WCHA we may not matchup with some other squads, but when you talk depth I don't know that anybody's got us beat.
                        I would say Minnesota has more scoring depth at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          So you have Tech as a better team than SCSU?

Huskies sweep
                          Sure looks that way to me.

Comment

Comments on cheese?

I prefer a very sharp cheddar, maybe about a 5 yr old cheese. My oldest son like super sharp cheddar, like the 10 yr old stuff.

Comments on hockey:
                            This UW team could get swept or sweep. Sweep: If the goaltending gets a tad more solid (it seems like there's 1 flukey oops type of play per game), they can sweep. These young lads seem to have little fear, they just keep hammering away. The amount of goals this largely no-name team is scoring is amazing. They have shown a ton of resiliancy at home.

Get swept: The PK is struggling right now and the Huskies have plenty of talent to exploit that. UW's only road series was a tough sweep (2 ot losses) at the hands of MT, I'm not sure how well they'll play on the road, although their scoring confidence has to be pretty high right now.

I'm SO excited to be able to enjoy the games on Charter Extra 87 with the Huskie's announcing team. Is that long haired dudette still the color guy? When's the St. Cloud tech dept going to pony up and get some HD hardware for the telecasts?
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              I would say Minnesota has more scoring depth at this point.
                              Well we can't all play Sacred Heart 25% of our games.

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              Sure looks that way to me.
                              Find me an MTU fan that would take them over us on a neutral ice series.

Comment

Working...
                              X