PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 NCAA Week 4 Rankings

Pages : [1] 2

Fighting Sioux 23
10-30-2011, 11:04 AM
For those of you who have been voting previously, here is the thread to post your "ballot" of top-10 teams. If you have never posted before, but would like to, here is where you post your top-10. If you would like your ballot to be counted, make sure to have your top-10 posted in this thread by Monday (Oct 31) by 1pm Eastern.

Here is my top 10...

1. Boston College - Another week, another sweep. While the opponent was not terribly impressive, the Eagles were.
2. Colorado College - A road sweep of RPI moves the Tigers up to #2.
3. Notre Dame - Any time you can go on the road and take home 4 points is a good weekend.
4. Minnesota - The Gophers appear to be back. A struggling North Dakota squad visits Mariucci this weekend, so we'll see if Minnesota can take care of business against the Sioux.
5. Western Michigan - The Broncos look like a team that is going to be back in the NCAA Tournament this year.
6. Michigan - An impressive sweep of Ferris State at home puts Michigan up two spots.
7. Denver - A disappointing weekend for Denver, we'll see if they can get back on track this weekend back at home.
8. Lake Superior State - A road sweep at Miami for the Lakers puts them in my top 10 for the first time this year.
9. Merrimack - The Warriors are undefeated, and are proving that last year was not a fluke.
10. Minnesota Duluth - After struggling early, the Bulldogs looked like the defending National Champions this weekend.

Honorable Mention:
Michigan Tech
Union
Yale
Ferris State
Northern Michigan

As always, comments are appreciated and please post your top-10s.

Onion Man
10-30-2011, 11:20 AM
1. Boston College
2. Colorado College
3. Notre Dame
4. Michigan
5. Denver
6. Merrimack
7. Minnesota
8. Ferris State
9. Minnesota Duluth
10.Union

Big Papa
10-30-2011, 11:23 AM
1. Boston College
2. Michigan
3. Colorado College
4. Notre Dame
5. Merrimack
6. Minnesota
7. Denver
8. Ferris State
9. Michigan Tech
10.Maine

JF_Gophers
10-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Don't need to count it towards votes, since I didn't vote previously. But here is how I see it after some thought.

Top 10

1. Boston College
2. Colorado College
3. Michigan
4. Minnesota
5. Western Michigan
6. Notre Dame
7. Lake Superior State
8. Ferris State
9. Merrimack
10. Michigan Tech

Just Outside (no order): Clarkson, Quinnipiac, Yale, Colgate, Union, Denver, Minnesota-Duluth

BCeagle
10-30-2011, 11:35 AM
For those of you who have been voting previously, here is the thread to post your "ballot" of top-10 teams. If you have never posted before, but would like to, here is where you post your top-10. If you would like your ballot to be counted, make sure to have your top-10 posted in this thread by Monday (Oct 31) by 1pm Eastern.

Here is my top 10...

1. Boston College - Another week, another sweep. While the opponent was not terribly impressive, the Eagles were.
3. Notre Dame - Any time you can go on the road and take home 4 points is a good weekend.
4. Minnesota - The Gophers appear to be back. A struggling North Dakota squad visits Mariucci this weekend, so we'll see if Minnesota can take care of business against the Sioux.
5. Western Michigan - The Broncos look like a team that is going to be back in the NCAA Tournament this year.
6. Michigan - An impressive sweep of Ferris State at home puts Michigan up two spots.
7. Denver - A disappointing weekend for Denver, we'll see if they can get back on track this weekend back at home.
8. Lake Superior State - A road sweep at Miami for the Lakers puts them in my top 10 for the first time this year.
9. Merrimack - The Warriors are undefeated, and are proving that last year was not a fluke.
10. Minnesota Duluth - After struggling early, the Bulldogs looked like the defending National Champions this weekend.

Honorable Mention:
Michigan Tech
Union
Yale
Ferris State
Northern Michigan

Not sure if BC is that good but not complaining about their ranking. This looks like a weak field this year but we'll see how the season progresses. They're doing this without Jimmy Hayes and Cam Atkinson who would have been seniors this year if they didn't bolt after their junior years. Kreider and Arnold are stepping up as the goal scorers this year while freshman Gaudreau is not far behind. Wey is out for 2 months so we'll see how the defense will suck it up in his absence. Maine and UMass are next for next weekend.

ScoobyDoo
10-30-2011, 11:39 AM

Here is my top 10...

Honorable Mention:
Michigan Tech
Union
Yale
Ferris State
Northern Michigan

Take Minnesota out of 4th. Move everyone up. Place Michigan Tech at 10th. There's my list.

Tundra
10-30-2011, 03:34 PM
1. Minnesota - road wins
2. Boston College
3. Western Michigan - sweep n still undefeated 5-0-3
4. Colorado College
5. Michigan
6. Merrimack : perfect 6-0
7. Michigan Tech : taking over Denver spot
8. Lake Superior : 7-1
9. Quinnipiac
10. Ferris State

honorable mention: Denver, Northern Michigan, Notre Dame, Air Force

JDUBBS1280
10-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Take Minnesota out of 4th. Move everyone up. Place Michigan Tech at 10th. There's my list.

Yep, Minnesota should be ranked last in the NCAA. Forget the fact they swept UMD at their place, the Dogs should still be ranked ahead of them.

Remember everyone, preseason rankings compiled before any hockey has been played is a much, much better representation of which team's are good and bad than early season rankings.

ScoobyDoo
10-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Yep, Minnesota should be ranked last in the NCAA. Forget the fact they swept UMD at their place, the Dogs should still be ranked ahead of them.

Remember everyone, preseason rankings compiled before any hockey has been played is a much, much better representation of which team's are good and bad than early season rankings.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDUBBS1280
10-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful point. Have a blast wallowing in your negativity.

ScoobyDoo
10-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Wonderful point. Have a blast wallowing in your negativity.

Ok, Harley. :rolleyes:

SteveF
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
1 BC 7-1
2 CC 4-0
3 MICH 6-1-1
4 WMU 5-0-3
5 Minn 7-1
6 ND 5-2
7 MC 6-0
8 MTU 5-2-1
9 Yale 1-0-1
10 LSSU 7-1

dropped out: denver, ferris state

JDUBBS1280
10-30-2011, 04:18 PM

I'm not Harley.

dubbie31
10-30-2011, 04:20 PM
1. Boston College
2. Colorado College
3. Michigan
4. Minnesota
5. WMU
6. Notre Dame
7. Michigan Tech
8. Yale
9. LSSU
10. Denver

Driftryder
10-30-2011, 05:56 PM

I've been wondering where Harley has been. :)

Gophers should be ranked just ahead of AIC and Sacred Heart.

bunt_q
10-30-2011, 07:23 PM
1 Boston College
2 Michigan
3 Minnesota
4 Colorado College
5 Notre Dame
6 Western Michigan
7 Merrimack
8 Michigan Tech
9 Lake Superior State
10 Denver

I'm not convinced yet that CC is a number 2 team, although I hope they are! One good (even great) line makes them a top-10 team; only one good line keeps them from top-2 or 3. Michigan and the Gophers scare me when they're on, and so far, it looks like they are. I'm just not sure what to make of LSSU and Merrimack, in particular. Tech is a good team, I'm just waiting to see if they can be consistent. But I can't in good conscience rank them below DU after this weekend, even if it was a home series for them.

manurespreader
10-30-2011, 09:38 PM
1. BC
2. Minnesota
3. Michigan- very gifted forwards and getting better defensively.
4. CC
5. Merrimack-
6. WMU- convincing wins against a real good team.
7. Denver- Did not play that bad, just no puck luck
8. Lake Superior-- 7-1 is 7-1
9. Notre Dame - probably better than 9th.
10. UMD-- beating BSU is tough.
Honorable mention--- Union, MTU, FSU,and a host of others.

Fighting Sioux 23
10-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Thank you to those who have voted already. If you would still like to put in your top 10, there is about two hours left to do so.

JDUBBS1280
10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
1. BC
2. CC
3. Michigan
4. Notre Dame
5. Western Michigan
6. Minnesota
7. Denver
8. Merrimack
9. Michigan Tech
10. Ferris State

SCSU Euro
10-31-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry, but 3 pts from a DU team without one goalie and then two goalies is now a top ten team? I think it'd be awesome if they could maintain this, but you guys really think UNO or UND is a less quality team right now than MTU? Cause if they squared off against each other, I know who I'd have my money on.