• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-13 D1 Transfers

Might as well get this one started...

Originally posted by rugrats View Post
    This is, without a doubt...the dumbest thread I have ever seen started on these boards.

Comment

Re: 2012-13 D1 Transfers

Dumber than that two week wonder, "Canada's Esso Cup"?

Comment

Originally posted by Flarrow View Post
        Well, I wasn't going to say anything but yes, I think it is.

My reaction to reading the initial post was...why?
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I feel silly even reading this thread....

Comment

Originally posted by rugrats View Post
            Mr. Rugrats, is it possible you meant to title the thread 2012-2013 Commitments?
            ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Originally posted by Flarrow View Post
              While having this thread in the first place is silly (The ink is not even dry yet on some season openers), what does the Esso Cup have to do with this. Last time I checked, for some players, the Esso Cup parlayed into visibility at the national level, resulting in TC U18 invites and doors being opened at colleges. While you might not agree on which teams are eligible, the concept is a good one.
              Last edited by OnMAA; 10-31-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                While having this thread in the first place is silly (The ink is not evern dry yet on some season openers), what does the Esso Cup have to do with this. Last time I checked, the Esso Cup was parlayed into visibility at the national level, resulting in TC U18 invites and doors being opened at colleges for some. While you might not agree on which teams are eligible, the concept is a good one.
                I do find it amusing that this Union fan wouldn't recognize that both Kurio and Panchuk played for teams in the past that were eligible.
                Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 10-31-2011, 02:59 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                  I do find it amusing that this Union fan wouldn't recognize that both Kurio and Panchuck played for teams in the past that were eligible.
                  Good examples of players benefitting are some current Freshmen in D1, that used this venue to get onto the radar screen. Take the T-bay Queens for example. Makela (MC) and Zuback (UVM) both used it as a spring platform to TC U18. There is a couple of '94 prospects from T-bay that did the same a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                    Good examples of players benefitting are some current Freshmen in D1, that used this venue to get onto the radar screen. Take the T-bay Queens for example. Makela (MC) and Zuback (UVM) both used it as a spring platform to TC U18. There is a couple of '94 prospects from T-bay that did the same a year later.
                    ...not to mention Kashman & Delainey (Edmonton Thunder) to UNH/Elmira College, Kueber (St Albert Slash) to Colgate, Kostenko, Matteucci & Wilgosh (Notre Dame Hounds) to Bemidji/Clarkson/Elmira College. Ya I guess the Esso Cup thread was irrelevant and dumb. Me bad...

Comment

Working...
                    X