BC/UML Home & Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC/UML Home & Home

Well Lowell's Hockey East season opener couldn't be against tougher competition. I think pretty much expects this to be a pretty easy weekend for BC, as even most of the UML die-hards (myself included) are hoping to maybe possibly steal a point.

But since there's no thread, figured I'd start one with Lowell hosting tomorrow and BC hosting Saturday.

No idea who we'll see in net for Lowell (my money would be on Carr), and with a little bit of roster cleanup over the last week, it seems like the new coaching staff has finally figured out the players they expect to chip in this year.

For BC fans ... Lowell freshmen Wallin and Wilson have looked good up front, as has Buco (from what I've been told). And Riley Wetmore is definitely setting himself up to be the go-to-guy for a couple of years here.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: BC/UML Home & Home

Monty is this in danger of selling out? Not sure if I'm going to go but don't want to show up and have it be sold out and SOL.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Monty is this in danger of selling out? Not sure if I'm going to go but don't want to show up and have it be sold out and SOL.
      We've heard over 5k tickets sold through either yesterday or the day before, and they're really making a huge push for students to come out. I don't know if they'll sell out or not (my guess is they actually might) but if you're coming up, I'd highly recommend hitting the box office early tomorrow.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I don't have any expectation for this weekend so I'll go with a favorite UML Theory of mine for tomorrow.

UML Theory #153: Since every Lowell fan is expecting us to get spanked tomorrow night in the home opener, it will be 3-3 with 3:33 to go in the third
        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

playing UML at Tsongas has not been easy for BC and recently, playing UML anywhere for the Eagles has not been easy

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            playing UML at Tsongas has not been easy for BC and recently, playing UML anywhere for the Eagles has not been easy
            Would prefer to keep this a series where BC just can't come into Lowell and expect an easy win (or at home for that matter). I don't know if this is the year, but I'm hoping this year will start up something going forward.
            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              come on Nick, you read all the threads, Monty answered this on the UML thread earlier today............it's all about content i've read

Comment

Probably going to be a sellout and I'm hoping Lyles has a huge game against his old team.
                UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
                  Probably going to be a sellout and I'm hoping Lyles has a huge game against his old team.
                  i'm certainly anxious to see how he does........

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    We've heard over 5k tickets sold through either yesterday or the day before, and they're really making a huge push for students to come out. I don't know if they'll sell out or not (my guess is they actually might) but if you're coming up, I'd highly recommend hitting the box office early tomorrow.
                    I'm not sure what the numbers look like, but I just got 7 seats together 6 rows up center ice. There seemed to be tickets available, so I wouldn't worry about walking up, but I'm hoping for a sellout. Last game at Lowell was one and it was a lot of fun.
                    Boston College Eagles National Championships: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Minnesota Golden Gophers National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

To clarify, I have no idea if the 5k tickets they're taking about include students as well ... I'm assuming so. I'd love to see a sell-out tonight though.
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFan12 View Post
                        I'm not sure what the numbers look like, but I just got 7 seats together 6 rows up center ice. There seemed to be tickets available, so I wouldn't worry about walking up, but I'm hoping for a sellout. Last game at Lowell was one and it was a lot of fun.
                        Everytime I went there's been talk of a sellout but when I get there it's half full (or empty depending on your POV) with tarps.

I'd go but it's a b*tch to leave work, go back towards BC, & head up to Lowell on a Friday night.

Any video for tonight or is it 98.5?

Comment

Looks like the weather could get interesting for the Sat game at Conte.

Where's Scott Kaplan with a forecast anyway?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Although the Riverhawks always seem to play BC hard, I don't think this is their weekend. I'm wondering if Jerry gives Milner a rest tomorrow.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              Everytime I went there's been talk of a sellout but when I get there it's half full (or empty depending on your POV) with tarps.

I'd go but it's a b*tch to leave work, go back towards BC, & head up to Lowell on a Friday night.

Any video for tonight or is it 98.5?
                              you know? i agree with that. i do remember at least a couple of times recently where there was good hype and tickets were still available ...i think one of the last few times BC was there they set a record though but it wasn't a sellout......I am on line right now on the Tsongas Center site and the just about the same tickets i did not buy last night in section 118, row 17 right at center ice are still available
                              Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-28-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X