Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Why so boring to Goldie fan club members let me guess
    1. Can’t brag on how bad you beat the Seawolves the last time they played you.
    2. Win streak got broke by whom?
    3. Have the couldn’t care less mind-set because you quit the WCHA.
    4. Got *** handed to them by players who the tDon didn’t even take a look at.
    5. Can’t wait to look down at Ohio and Penn State fans
    6. Felt for the player’s who had to travel to Alaska that where afraid of the dark.
    7. To cheap to take a trip to Alaska for a road game.
    Actually, We are too arrogant once again to bother to worry about lower teams like AA.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      Actually, We are too arrogant once again to bother to worry about lower teams like AA.
      Who?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        My main concern with the Gophers is their youth, especially on the blue line. Not just lack of experience at this level, but their flat out immaturity at times. I am sure you will witness it. Stupid retaliatory penalties.
        This is a big concern of mine also. We probably will see more ups than downs but the blue line still needs work. Sometimes we will see a great play and the next shift a bone head play.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          This is a big concern of mine also. We probably will see more ups than downs but the blue line still needs work. Sometimes we will see a great play and the next shift a bone head play.
          The young age of the D just makes it that much more important that forwards are back-checking aggressively. The minute they start standing around, they are in trouble. They should be a faster team than AA, so should be able to win battles for the puck if they can keep moving. And of course, learn not to retaliate, especially when a penalty has already been called.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            Who?
            I thought owls said that, not Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              4. Got *** handed to them by players who the tDon didn’t even take a look at.
              Yeah, Lucia should have recruited all those AA players over the likes of Bjugstad, Haula, Rau, Marshall.....

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                He has been noticeably absent since about the time the season began. I thought it was quite strange he didn't show up to analyze the psycho Duluth fan.
                To be more precise, he has been noticeably absent since his little blow-up with Scooby.
                I'm starting to think he's too busy receiving his own psycho-analysis to get onto USCHO.

Comment

Gophers will put up another 10 goals this weekend.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    To be more precise, he has been noticeably absent since his little blow-up with Scooby.
                    I'm starting to think he's too busy receiving his own psycho-analysis to get onto USCHO.
                    Change the "with" to "at" and you'd have an accurate statement.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Preview from Gophersports

Last Time Out: Minnesota went 1-1 last weekend against Vermont. The Gophers won 6-0 on Friday, but fell 5-4 on Sunday to suffer its first loss of the season. Minnesota was led by offensively by Erik Haula (5a), Kyle Rau (2g-2a), Jake Hansen (1g-2a), Nate Schmidt (1g-2a) and Zach Budish (1g-2a). Kent Patterson picked up his third shutout of the season (and of his career) on Friday making 17 saves. Patterson made 20 saves on Sunday.

Minnesota vs. Alaska Anchorage: Last year, the Minnesota-Alaska Anchorage rivalry intensified when UAA became the first-ever team to end a Gopher Hockey season at the current Mariucci Arena with a two-game sweep in the first round of the WCHA playoffs. This happened 42 days after the two teams split a pair of games in the same venue in late January. Then-freshman Chris Kamal started in goal for the all three Seawolves' wins against UM last year and recorded two shutouts in the process. Minnesota owns a 50-19-7 advantage in the all-time series between the schools and is 13-3-2 in nine trips to Anchorage under head coach Don Lucia.

About Alaska Anchorage: Alaska Anchorage finished in eighth place in the WCHA for the second-straight year last season before upsetting Minnesota in the first round of the conference playoffs and advancing to its second Final Five in program history. In 2011-12, the Seawolves are off to a 3-2-1 start. They played to a 4-4 tie with Clarkson in their first game before reeling off home wins against St. Cloud, Nebraska-Omaha, and Mercyhurst. Unfortunately for the UAA, the victories over SCSU and UNO did not count toward its WCHA conference record and the team was swept its first true WCHA series of the season last week in a road rematch against the Mavericks. Alaska Anchorage lost four of its top eight scorers from a year ago, but has received early-season production from junior Mickey Spencer (5g-2a), who missed a large chunk of 2010-11 due to injury.

Fellow junior Daniel Naslund (2g-5a) shares the team lead in points with Spencer and sophomore Quinn Sproule has the most points among the team's defensemen with three (2g-1a). Goaltenders Chris Kamal and Rob Gunderson have split the team's six games between the pipes. Kamal is 2-1-0 with a 2.64 goals-against average and a .904 save percentage, while Gunderson owns a 1-1-1 record and .909 save percentage while allowing 2.29 goals per 60 minutes. Gunderson's lone victory came in the form of a 23-save shutout against UNO.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        5. Hey, Penn State and Ohio State fans already look down on Minnesota in basically every other sport in the Big Ten. This is one of the few sports Gopher fans can look down on them. So, yeah, duh, we'll look down on them.
                        Interesting point. Finally someone found something positive about BTHC. Only other thing is the lack of TV coverage for Alaska trips will be done. But not sure if that is a bad thing since most turn down the sound and listen to radio coverage instead.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          Childish antics? FFS ... you have about zero clue as to the milieux around here. Go take your ADHD meds kid.
                          I believe by childish antics he means when you post the ******** horse vid etc etc. It gets old in a hurry.

The reason I agree with JDUBBS about this thread being boring is based on two things:
                          1. No TV for this series. I may try to watch online tonight but with horrible quality and the amount if traffic from Gopher fans, who knows if I will actually be able to watch...?
                          2. AA whooped up on the Gophers last year in the playoffs and suddenly they are as arrogant as tUMD fans which makes no sense because at least tDogs won a title to hang their arrogant hats on. AA just went to the Final Five and got their tails kicked by CC.
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

AA is worthless. Gophers sweep. That is all.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              2. AA whooped up on the Gophers last year in the playoffs and suddenly they are as arrogant as tUMD fans which makes no sense because at least tDogs won a title to hang their arrogant hats on. AA just went to the Final Five and got their tails kicked by CC.
                              Yes, and that isn't saying much. Unfortunately worse teams then AA whooped up on them more often then it should have happened. We shall see if that turns around as there are already promising signs this season.

Comment

I have a feeling after tonight Minnesota's PP will be above 40% again.

The Huskies will grind down your favorite opponent for the following weekend. Goldy can have our seconds and pound Sue.

Comment

Working...
                                X