Worst Call of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst Call of the Season

the refs are hurting everywhere. just watch or listen to the games each weekend it sounds tough
    Last edited by hockeyguy; 10-25-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Watching 4 games in Providence this year, I would have to say the HE officials are trained to be bad. They are making calls that aren't even there. There is no flow to the games and i feel sad to say that HE would rather play a game entirely on special teams than 5 on 5. The NHL had to go to this because of a lack of scoring. The college game had no problems with scoring. Am I alone with these feelings or does anyone else feel these officials should soften up and let these guys play for the betterment of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
        The season may be young but my nomination goes to Brown/Sterns. While they called an inconsistent game between DU and Minnesota State overall, they eventually embarrassed themselves by taking what should have been a penalty shot and changing it to an embellishment penalty.
        I'll second this. I went to the Friday game since CC was off for the weekend. I chuckled through the entire game at how bad the officiating was, for/against both sides (I was also chuckling at the DU fans' responses, although I think the anger was probably justified). Embellishment... ha. Sounds like something the NFL would come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          We'd like to present to you Hicks.
          2nd this

supprised he still has a job as a ref, I quess Mcdonalds took a more qualified guy and we got him by default. This guy is a joke!!!!!!!!!!

Keep him away from the houston field house please!

Comment

Can I nominate Tony LaRussa's call to the bullpen?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm still trying to get over that call at BU when DU was buzzing with 20 seconds left and an extra attacker. We were oh so close to scoring
              over and over again when the ref called a penalty on us. 20 seconds left! Face off in our zone, buzzer, ruined the game. Several hard core BU fans were shaking their heads in disgust!!
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
                I think whatever the first post refers to cannot come close to "worst" than the call made today by Malcolm Portera.
                Concur.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  Friday night take down of Nick Shore by 2 Mavs,,,
                  I really hate to do this, but, i have to agree with BBM
                  Even old p agreed:

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Most of you know I'd rather date North Dakota "beauty" contest winners than complain about a call, but that deal with Shore last night really mystified me. Sure looked like he was pulled down when the MSU player's blade caught him at mid thigh. "Embellishment" strikes me, generally, as over-officious bull shiza, relying as it does on mind reading.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2012/01/25/payi...ckson-see-red/

Comment

How about Joe Biden going to San Francisco right before the NFC Championship game and extolling the Giants during a campaign speech there?

or BHO's "state of my re-election campaign" speech last night, masquerading as a Presidential address?
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

CCHA officials are having a rough year.
                        This BC goal at Notre Dame was disallowed as the pass across the crease was called a hand pass.
                        The hilight is at 0:52 of the video.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I am trying to decide between Alex Ovechkin and Tim Thomas right now, nevermind, they are both idiots. Just behind Jim Harbaugh for blowing off Coughlin and then not speaking to the media because he was having a tantrum.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Klumpmypants for his tirade after being kicked out of Ingalls.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

No doubt a ton of calls that were not that hot and many that cost teams games. I can note time after time in almost any game where I'm watching away and the arm goes up and I'm saying, " what happened". I know they are in a tough spot, but really they could call more penalties on North Dakota and less on everyone else.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I know they are in a tough spot, but really they could call more penalties on North Dakota and less on everyone else.
                                They could, but unfortunately the refs look the other way during (and ONLY during) North Dakota games. At least that is what I've been told...
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X