Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 NCAA Week 3 Rankings

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Yikes. Denver not even in the top 10? Harsh.

About an hour left for those that wish to post their top 10.
    I haven't voted yet cuz I'm just a noob and I haven't seen enough outside hockey of my three state area, but wow people are all over the place with these votes.

Polls this early don't mean crap, but I do think they are an important work in progress to more accurate polls down the road.

My point...Thanks Sue23 for the work you put into this. Also, still trying to figure out how you guys got swept by Becky. Didn't see that coming.
    Better dead than Red

Comment

Minnesota moving up a spot and gaining 2 first place votes for splitting at home against Vermont? How many Gopher fans are voting in this poll?

Comment

Originally posted by ski View Post
        I haven't voted yet cuz I'm just a noob and I haven't seen enough outside hockey of my three state area, but wow people are all over the place with these votes.

Polls this early don't mean crap, but I do think they are an important work in progress to more accurate polls down the road.

My point...Thanks Sue23 for the work you put into this. Also, still trying to figure out how you guys got swept by Becky. Didn't see that coming.
        Yeah, at this point in the season, some people are voting based on last year, some people are voting based on how teams have played so far, and some people are voting based on how good they think teams will be.

People may be surprised by North Dakota's struggles thus far, but most Sioux fans expected an inconsistent team to start the season off. I wouldn't really be surprised by any result over the next month or so. However, I think Hakstol will have a very good team on the ice come February and March. At least I'm hoping so.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
          Minnesota moving up a spot and gaining 2 first place votes for splitting at home against Vermont? How many Gopher fans are voting in this poll?
          Two. FWIW, neither of those two voted Minnesota #1. IMO, Minnesota at #4 is slightly high, but not all that out of place for how they have played so far this year.
          North Dakota

Comment

Two. FWIW, neither of those two voted Minnesota #1. IMO, Minnesota at #4 is slightly high, but not all that out of place for how they have played so far this year.
            Slightly? It's 15 spots ahead of where they should be right now.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Again, that is just my opinion. It will certainly be interesting to see how Minnesota fares this weekend up in Alaska.
              North Dakota

Comment

So you think there are 18 teams out there that have looked better than Minnesota Scoob? I agree with you that a #4 ranking may be pushing it, but really?

Comment

Again, that is just my opinion. It will certainly be interesting to see how Minnesota fares this weekend up in Alaska.
                  It does seem pretty clear that everyone thought they were 19 to start the season. The fact that they changed their mind after a sweep of Sacred Heart, a sweep of Duluth, and a split with an average Vermont team is mind boggling. Most of it must come from the Duluth series but by doing that there not giving Duluth any credit for how awful they played. The next two series may offer a much better barometer. I'll believe the #4 then and only then.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It does seem pretty clear that everyone thought they were 19 to start the season. The fact that they changed their mind after a sweep of Sacred Heart, a sweep of Duluth, and a split with an average Vermont team is mind boggling. Most of it must come from the Duluth series but by doing that there not giving Duluth any credit for how awful they played. The next two series may offer a much better barometer. I'll believe the #4 then and only then.
                    So, you trust pre-season rankings that was based on no actual hockey played as the most accurate representation of which team's are best?

Again, I agree that #4 is too high, but they did sweep a very good UMD team on the road (tough to do regardless of how bad UMD played). IMO somewhere between 8-12 is most deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      So, you trust pre-season rankings that was based on no actual hockey played as the most accurate representation of which team's are best?

Again, I agree that #4 is too high, but they did sweep a very good UMD team on the road (tough to do regardless of how bad UMD played). IMO somewhere between 8-12 is most deserving.
                      Considering where UMD, Sacred Heart, and Vermont are right now, I think 12 is too high as well.

Comment

Considering where UMD, Sacred Heart, and Vermont are right now, I think 12 is too high as well.
                        What are your rankings? I'd be curious to see who you rank above them. You forget, we aren't the only ones who have had cupcakes on our schedule. Sacred Heart will be bad this year, but it's a bit early to know what UMD and Vermont will be this year. And UMD is currently #15.

Again, the #19 preseason ranking means NOTHING to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                          What are your rankings? I'd be curious to see who you rank above them. You forget, we aren't the only ones who have had cupcakes on our schedule. Sacred Heart will be bad this year, but it's a bit early to know what UMD and Vermont will be this year. And UMD is currently #15.

Again, the #19 preseason ranking means NOTHING to me.
                          Well, it means everything to me. They had to start somewhere and if they're throwing out their opinions of what they thought the teams would be before the season started then we may as well not even have rankings until January cause they're isn't enough data.

Comment

Well, it means everything to me. They had to start somewhere and if they're throwing out their opinions of what they thought the teams would be before the season started then we may as well not even have rankings until January cause they're isn't enough data.
                            Show me your rankings and we'll talk. #19 is more insane than #4 IMO.

Comment

It isnt just WHO they played,it's HOW they played.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreenmachine View Post
                                Bemidji State - Getting plenty of scoring all around, Kinne/George/Boehm line is lethal.
                                Yeah... and his stats (0g 1a in 6 GP with George and Kinne/5 pts in 20 GP in his 4-year collegiate career) back it up.

Bemidji a bubble team? They're not even a bubble team for the race for home ice in the WCHA. Sorry, wait... no I'm not.... UNO, UMD, and UND are all teams just in their conference that no one has mentioned in these top 10 rankings that are SUBSTANTIALLY above BSU. I understand you see your team in a better light, but c'mon; polls may be a little off, but calling a team that can't crack the top THIRTY in the polls a bubble-10 team is stupid. BSU had a good win against Miami, they took care of MTU at home and they got swept at CC. If Bemidji is deserving of being talked about, then so is Air Force, Providence and St. Cloud (and as an SCSU fan, I can tell you right now, none of these squads are deserving of that right now).
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X