Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone hand me a compass! MI Directional School Battle, Pt 1: NMU @ WMU 10/28-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone hand me a compass! MI Directional School Battle, Pt 1: NMU @ WMU 10/28-29

This weekend finds Northern Michigan heading south and east to take on Western Michigan.
    The 'Cats are coming off a split with Meeechigan, winning on Friday and losing in the shoot out on Saturday night. The Broncos return home from the last frontier, earning a 4-1 win Friday and a 4 round shoot out victory on Saturday over Alaska.
    The last time these two teams met, Western swept the visiting Wildcats in lopsided 5-2 and 6-1 victories.

Here we go--discuss!
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: Someone hand me a compass! MI Directional School Battle, Pt 1: NMU @ WMU 10/28-29

The premier match up of the upcoming weekend imho. Will be a real test for both teams.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Re: Someone hand me a compass! MI Directional School Battle, Pt 1: NMU @ WMU 10/28-29

#14 at #7. Can the Cats compete in a hostile environment? They played well in Madison but now play an unbeaten team who's riding a little momentum.

Should be a good series.

Comment

Well the "contending" football team has crapped the bed impressively in the two weeks that the Broncos were traveling, so I'm hoping some of the interest shifts to a program with actual success recently.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I think both games will be right down to the buzzer. My best guess is a split, Go Cats!
          NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
            I think both games will be right down to the buzzer. My best guess is a split, Go Cats!

Personally, I'd be happy with a split.

Comment

Does Western offer a B2 feed?
              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
              2006-2007: 15-24-2
              2007-2008: 20-20-4
              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

I don't know about the rest of the NMU fans on hear, but I'm just happy I don't have to hear any more whining from the rodent fans until February.

I would be happy with a split this weekend, and I think that is the most likely result. A sweep either way would say a lot about both teams.
                Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

3 ties against crappy teams gets you a top 10 ranking? huh.

Go Old WCHA Team!
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    3 ties against crappy teams gets you a top 10 ranking? huh.

Go Old WCHA Team!
                    Since when has Fairbanks been a "crappy team?" I'd consider a win and a tie at Fairbanks a pretty good accomplishment for any team. Didn't Union win 26 games a year ago and don't they currently sit at #11?
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Since when has Fairbanks been a "crappy team?" I'd consider a win and a tie at Fairbanks a pretty good accomplishment for any team. Didn't Union win 26 games a year ago and don't they currently sit at #11?
                      Fairbanks has been crappy since oh... always, and as I recall Union plays in the ECAC. So 26 wins is more like 10 real ones.

Save your breath bringing up that they beat MN last year in OT. MN has been mediocre at best for 3+ years.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Splitsies this weekend I believe... Should be a good test being our first trip below the bridge this year...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Ha! "Union" and "26" collide again!
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Davyd,

Any team in the CCHA, or even the country would be happy with a win and a tie in Fairbanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
                              Davyd,

Any team in the CCHA, or even the country would be happy with a win and a tie in Fairbanks.
                              I'll take a win and a tie anywhere on the road in the CCHA!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                              X