No announcement yet.

Sunday Oct. 23 Scores: D-III vs D-I...Norwich/Dartmouth and Neumann/Princeton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Oct. 23 Scores: D-III vs D-I...Norwich/Dartmouth and Neumann/Princeton

We're live here at Thompson Arena for the Norwich/Dartmouth exhibition tilt!

Gorgeous old barn with some newly renovated boards and glass.

Little bit of history for you...

Dartmouth holds a 21-3 all-time record against the Cadets with the first meeting coming all the way back in 1912, which the Big Green won 6-0.

Norwich won the last meeting during the 1986-87 season by a score of 5-1.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Sunday Oct. 23 Scores: D-III vs D-I...Norwich/Dartmouth and Neumann/Princeton

Lines for both squads...

Norwich:

Cotnoir - Janke - Thomas
    Lindensmith - Forkey - Duszynski
    Allan - Paquet - Gorman
    Houston - Martinez - Mulvey
    McEleney

Baker - Hale
    Kozhokin - Carpino
    Gour - Thieda
    Gatien - Fulton

Carroll starts in the pipes.

Dartmouth:

N. Walsh - Jones - Robinson
    McNally - Neiley - Mosey
    Beamish - Sikura - D. Walsh
    Mattila - Bourgea - Lee

Keenan - Googin
    Gaudet - Boldt
    Nycholat - Lovejoy
    Pinkston - Simpson

Mello starts in goal.

19 minutes until faceoff!
    GO LAKERS!!!
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Sunday Oct. 23 Scores: D-III vs D-I...Norwich/Dartmouth and Neumann/Princeton

Huge Norwich following here at Thompson Arena!
      I'd guess around 200 or so.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Thanks for all the info. It's much appreciated.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

0-0...6:24 left in Dartmouth.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Neiley puts dartmouth up 1-0 by banging home a rebound goal after Carroll couldn't find it underneath his pads.

Carroll made initial save on Mosey's shot from the blueline but couldn't keep it underneath him.

Shots are 6-3 dartmouth.

NU holding its own...survived a power play already.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Tigers up 1-0 over Neumann
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

After 1.

Dartmouth:1
                Norwich:0

Eric Neiley with lone goal coming at 14:31 of the period with assists from Charlie Mosey and Jesse Beamish.

Offical shots are 5-4 Dartmouth.

Norwich is holding their own so far. Dartmouth is certainly holding the puck in Norwich's end a little bit more, but the Cadets are doing just fine and have generated a few chances including a couple of great opportunities at the end with Janke and Thomas getting good looks at the net.

Tough goal to give up as it looked like Carroll had a beat on it, but he just couldn't find the puck and then Neiley swooped into the crease and jammed it home.

Dartmouth with lone PP of the period with Fulton going off for tripping. Dartmouth got the Norwich defense moving but they weren't able to get any grade A scoring chances really.

Good first period. We'll see if Norwich can maintan now.

Shawn Baker had the hit of the night so far as he crushed a Dartmouth forward early on right along the blue line.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Jody O'Neill takes over for Dartmouth in goal.

Second period about to get underway.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Is the game on the radio and if so what station?

Comment

Originally posted by runr262 View Post
                      Is the game on the radio and if so what station?
                      I believe it's on tape-delay due to the Talladega race.

Thanks for the updates Prez...keep em going. UVM just beat Minnesota 5-4...quite a turnaround after the 6-0 drubbing Friday.

r

Comment

Eric Robinson rings one off the post around 4 minutes into the second period for Dartmouth.

Still 1-0 Big Green with 14:30 left in second.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Pasha Kozhokin takes a holding penalty for Norwich to give Dartmouth its second PP.

Cadets kill it off though.

12:10 to go in second. still 1-0 Dartmouth.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Duszynski takes another penalty for Norwich but the Cadets kill it off again.

Right as the penalty ended Kyle Thomas had a rush up the ice on the right wing but his wrist shot was calmly gloved by O'Neill.

1-0 Dartmouth still. Big Green 0 for 3 on the PP. Cadets have yet to have a PP.

4:28 to go.

Dartmouth leads shots 8-6
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Tory Allan scores to tie it up at 1!

PP goal Allan from Baker with just under 3 to go in the second.

NU went right back on the PP and has 19 seconds left on it.

33 left in period
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X