This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Figured I would start up a new thread since the old one is about maxed out.

Hopefully the guys can keep it rolling tonight.

Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

That was the team we are used to watching tonight. Seemed like they could barely get out of their own end.

Comment

Lakers seemed to be flat tonight. They played like a typical 2nd stint Anzalone/ Roque team- bad PP, couldn't finish plays, lack of consistency. Hope they can get more quality shots on goal tomorrow night and play hungrier.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

What a truly uninspiring performance. They didn't come to play and Roque wasn't able light a fire under them. They were flat and out of sync offensively. Passing was generally weak and behind guys (both ends of the ice), and when it was decent the guy on the receiving end couldn't handle it. No teamwork offensively. No one appeared to know what a teammate was going to do or where he was going to go. Communication appeared nonexistent much of the time. I'm not sure they are capable of playing any worse offensively. A lot of defensive mistakes in the 3rd period but Kapalka kept them in the game. The game wouldn't have even been close against a team with more talented offensive players than BG. Give credit to BG for playing the trap well, but the Lakers made it easy for them. They looked just terrible offensively. Only a couple of decent scoring chances the whole game.

Comment

seriously painful evening at the rink

Comment

Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post
            seriously painful evening at the rink
            I've never seen Taffy Abel clear out any quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              I've never seen Taffy Abel clear out any quicker.
              Also where the hell was everybody. Only 1,839. Pathetic!
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                Look on the poor attendance as a positive. Anyone who endured tonight's game would be a tough sell for the game saturday. I however, have a season pass to disappointment and bitterness.

Comment

It must be catching. Ferris had less than 1500 with Miami in town and Providence only had around 2,000 with national champ Minn-Duluth in their rink.

Comment

The problem is called Jim Roque .

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      I would expect better attendance tonight. Last night the Lakers were up against a sold-out Sault High football homecoming and a sold-out concert at Kewadin.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                        The problem is called Jim Roque .
                        Welcome back Mr. Negative. For weeks I've been thinking the 4-0 start was pretty tough for you and TS. However, you did cost me $10. I bet one of my friends that if the Lakers lost you would post before midnight. What took you so long?

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                          The Truth Is Out There....

TBA
                          Hello! Welcome back TS. The 4-0 start was a bummer. Where were Sm and you last night?

Comment

I think a lot of people would have been happy with a 4-1 start, and I am sure Coach Roque will have them a bit more fired up and expect a different result tonight. Let's not panic just yet, maybe it was just a bad night and BG does have a pretty good goalie.

Crawford made it sound like the Lakers played well last night, but were a bit unlucky.

Comment

I think BG played a solid tight checking aggressive game and they took away the passing lanes quite well also. Lake State just could not get nothing going on the offensive side in large part because of BG's play. I was pretty dissapointed that they never really put much pressure on BG even during cruch time near the end of the game. I am very happy with a 4-1 start but was caught off guard last night, the Lakers have more talent then they showed last night. The season is young, lots of hockey to be played. I just hope the Lakers don't have a Jekyl and Hyde season like they have had the last couple of years play great for a few games then down the tubes for a while. I wish coach would have had them a bit more fired up last night they need to win to start drawing more fans to the games.

I do not doubt that the Lakers come out flying tonight and win big, last week they showed they have talent in beating two pretty good goalies in consecutive nights.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                              X