X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    Thats to bad for him he sure played well against MSU. We will most likely get our first look at Ainsworth in a Laker jersey this weekend.
    I think that Pobur will play wing on the 4th line with Power and Dommett in one of the games.

Comment

Why, oh WHY! did I move to Alaska the year that the Lakers decided to be good again? I sure miss those weekends that I could catch a couple Lakers games and then an Eagles game on sunday. The haters seem to be awful quiet lately, and I'm personally glad to see Jim Roque get it together finally. And finally I spent the last three months at the Navy base in Yokosuka Japan and I got stopped TWICE by people asking if I graduated from Lake State because I was wearing one of my Laker Hockey t-shirts (Sadly, I didn't but my wife did and is a former employee). Making the big time boys, now we are INTERNATIONALLY KNOWN!
      Last edited by parepadarappa; 10-30-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

So how far will Lake State climb in the rankings? I think they have to break the top 15.
        Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
        Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
        MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
        Yost Arena: U-Mich
        Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
        Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
        Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
        Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
        Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
        Joyce Center: Notre Dame
        Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
        Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Ah, yes. for the first time in years, we actually can start to get truly excited for the upcoming weekend. Bemidji is a tough nut to crack, depending on what Beavers team shows up.

BSU is 1-5 on the road this season . . . but also handled otherwise-playing-very-well Michigan Tech two weeks ago in a home sweep. For the Beavers, goals have been at a premium this year, which should look good for the Lakers' outstanding goaltending and defense.

If our boys can avoid a Friday night letdown (akin to the BGSU series), I believe a sweep is a very strong possiblity.

And I hope that the stands are relatively full for our once and future rival from down US-2. Its a week before deer season, so no reason for 90% of the students to be out in the woods.

And lastly, let me say add my personal congradulations to Coach Roque and his staff. I know there are some people who have, or had, grown frustrated with the lack of results on the ice. I was (and could be again) one of those people. But nobody ever accused Coach Roque of not caring about this school or this program. And frankly, I cheer and support anybody who has a passion for LSSU.

Comment

The key for Bemidji, Duluth found this out early Friday, is that they capitalize most on their transition based scoring opportunities. They exercised this against too the previous weekend. If you can slow their transition game, you'll win.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Well done, LSSU. Keep it up.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                The key for Bemidji, Duluth found this out early Friday, is that they capitalize most on their transition based scoring opportunities. They exercised this against too the previous weekend. If you can slow their transition game, you'll win.

I have to say this -- it just friggin rocks to see Tech in Second (Tech should be in first, but for a couple of stumbles in Bemidji) and LSSU in First. Its a long season, and both big brother Tech and little brother Soo Tech have had lots of disappointing seasons in the past decade or two. BUt to have both programs looking upward, at exactly the same time, at exactly the point in time when the alleged "big boys" of college hockey have decided that the UP is too far, too remote, and the schools too small to play with anymore. Wonderful.

Comment

Wish I was there, but I watched the Miami feed. I wish I would have watched it Thursday as well.

Comment

Nice to see the Lakers' Kevin Kapalka on the front page of USCHO right now.

*****http://www.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000CDtM6iAcGho/s/660/440/RachelLewis-Miami-LSSU-10282011-6.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                      Nice to see the Lakers' Kevin Kapalka on the front page of USCHO right now.

*****http://www.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000CDtM6iAcGho/s/660/440/RachelLewis-Miami-LSSU-10282011-6.jpg******
                      I saw that, and I clicked on the CCHA link to read what they had to say about LSSU, only to find no mention of Lake State. Disappointing.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I saw that, and I clicked on the CCHA link to read what they had to say about LSSU, only to find no mention of Lake State. Disappointing.
                        I also clicked on the link. No mention of the Lakers. I bet you Paula will get something together to go along with that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                          Bemidji is a tough nut to crack, depending on what Beavers team shows up.
                          Sorry, sometimes my mind wanders.

Comment

• Originally posted by thepuck57 View Post
                            I also clicked on the link. No mention of the Lakers. I bet you Paula will get something together to go along with that picture.
                            Doubtful. Paula is a joke unless you want to read about UofM, MSU or any other team below the bridge.

Comment

Lakers up to #11 in the latest USCHO poll and #13 in the latest USA Today poll.

Comment

Originally posted by parepadarappa View Post
                                Doubtful. Paula is a joke unless you want to read about UofM, MSU or any other team below the bridge.
                                I was bummed to see she made no mention of Lake State. No matter how "scary good" UM's offense is, Lake State is still THE story of the CCHA at the moment.
                                Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
                                Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
                                MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
                                Yost Arena: U-Mich
                                Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
                                Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
                                Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
                                Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
                                Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
                                Joyce Center: Notre Dame
                                Berry Events Center: Northern Mich