X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Originally posted by backbencher View Post
    Does it mean that everybody would be happy with a random success once in a six years cycle ?
    Why not !
    Good one, Truth Squad....er, I mean backbencher....lol

Comment

I made an attempt at doing some sports photography at the Catamount Cup. I wasn't at your game against UVM, but I did get a bunch of shots from when you played RIT. Here they are if anyone is interested: http://mdumont.smugmug.com/Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mdumont View Post
        I made an attempt at doing some sports photography at the Catamount Cup. I wasn't at your game against UVM, but I did get a bunch of shots from when you played RIT. Here they are if anyone is interested: http://mdumont.smugmug.com/Hockey
        Those pics are great! Thank you for sharing. Too bad it wasn't of a Laker victory. We'll see how they fair against Western Ontario, and hope they can get the offense going at Michigan. The Wolverines seem to be peaking right now, but maybe the Lakers can catch them off guard and steal a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
          10th place finishes, 2/3 empty rink for home games, star players disappearing off of rosters for no reason, and playoff crowds last year in the hundreds I would say this coaches successes have been very random. Get ready for another second half Roque slide down the standings for a sixths straight year.

The Truth Is Out There....
          TBA
          Theresa, did you and Frank have a nice Christmas? How's the young boy doin'??

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
            Good one, Truth Squad....er, I mean backbencher....lol
            Now I understand why you can't see the difference between a coach and a donkey.
            I don't think we have very much in common with the Truth-gang. I don't know them as I don't think they live around (anybody is welcome t send me a PM though ;-) ).
            We both question the coaching, and I agree with most of what they say, as I have verified it. But does that imply that we are a single negative dreadful person ?

Actually, I am still open for someone to provide a credible demonstration that Truth is wrong, and don't tell me he is a bitter parent, or spread scandal about a kid who is allegedly his son (If you like scandals, you are at the right place, but you haven't dug enough). It is completely irrelevant and just another indication that he is right (if you don't get that, then forget it).

Buy the way, you forgot to answer the question ... may be you just don't know what to say. If you think it is okay with a random success every 6th season with no visible direction in the meantime ? then don't be ashamed, just tell us. The organisation should also be transparent and let the fans know.

If fans had faith, they would be there to support the alleged revival of the team. You probably like to see the underdog in the limelight, challenging the establishment, but if any employer was interested, you would have a new coach this season.
            We would then hopefully all give the newcomer the necessary support for a new beginning.

You just want your glory back, and don't want to know about what is happening behind closed doors. You want to believe that there is a clear strategy with a progressive and consistent progress, with fair and efficient development and instruction and that the players understand and respect their coach ... because he is respectable and a clear vision.

Instead of shooting at those who wonder, why don't you just come up with evidence. you have 25 years records to search ?
            Last edited by backbencher; 01-02-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Does it mean that everybody would be happy with a random success once in a six years cycle ?
              Why not !
              Absolutely not, we all want to see a credible turn-around. As others have already stated, if the Lakers should falter in the 2nd half, coupled with an early play-off exit, then the administration must make changes. The Lakers, however, are continuing their solid run from last year's play-offs and we all want to believe that the turn around is genuine. If it is, then the coaching staff should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Lakers must get at least a split at Michigan. If they get swept, they must sweep Miami at home. If not, then this might be a long second half of the season and just another same old Laker team since the Borek era.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Now I understand why you can't see the difference between a coach and a donkey.
                  I don't think we have very much in common with the Truth-gang. I don't know them as I don't think they live around (anybody is welcome t send me a PM though ;-) ).
                  We both question the coaching, and I agree with most of what they say, as I have verified it. But does that imply that we are a single negative dreadful person ?

Actually, I am still open for someone to provide a credible demonstration that Truth is wrong, and don't tell me he is a bitter parent, or spread scandal about a kid who is allegedly his son (If you like scandals, you are at the right place, but you haven't dug enough). It is completely irrelevant and just another indication that he is right (if you don't get that, then forget it).

Buy the way, you forgot to answer the question ... may be you just don't know what to say. If you think it is okay with a random success every 6th season with no visible direction in the meantime ? then don't be ashamed, just tell us. The organisation should also be transparent and let the fans know.

If fans had faith, they would be there to support the alleged revival of the team. You probably like to see the underdog in the limelight, challenging the establishment, but if any employer was interested, you would have a new coach this season.
                  We would then hopefully all give the newcomer the necessary support for a new beginning.

You just want your glory back, and don't want to know about what is happening behind closed doors. You want to believe that there is a clear strategy with a progressive and consistent progress, with fair and efficient development and instruction and that the players understand and respect their coach ... because he is respectable and a clear vision.

Instead of shooting at those who wonder, why don't you just come up with evidence. you have 25 years records to search ?

If you haven't noticed Jim Roque has his team in 4th place in the CCHA, sweeping Miami on the road and Michigan State at home, and in the top-16 and in the Pairwise rankings top 15. He is a class act and those that are close to the program would say the same thing and he is the right guy for the job. There are a few Laker and Roque haters on here like you and the truth sisters, but the majority of people on here support the Lakers in general, no matter who the coach is. I personally think they have one of the best and despite how hard it is for a small school like Lake State to succeed in today's college hockey landscape, they are and you will see when they make the NCAA Tournament how far they are coming along under the watchful eye and leadership of Jim Roque.

Go Lakers

Comment

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
                    If you haven't noticed Jim Roque has his team in 4th place in the CCHA, sweeping Miami on the road and Michigan State at home, and in the top-16 and in the Pairwise rankings top 15. He is a class act and those that are close to the program would say the same thing and he is the right guy for the job. There are a few Laker and Roque haters on here like you and the truth sisters, but the majority of people on here support the Lakers in general, no matter who the coach is. I personally think they have one of the best and despite how hard it is for a small school like Lake State to succeed in today's college hockey landscape, they are and you will see when they make the NCAA Tournament how far they are coming along under the watchful eye and leadership of Jim Roque.

Go Lakers
                    Very thorough and factual study !
                    You are obviously not close to "those that are close to the program".
                    Again, someone who disagrees has to be a "hater".

Go Lakers, for better or for worse !
                    Last edited by backbencher; 01-02-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Flem of the North....order me what you are drinking .

Comment

Was there a Laker Hockey Show this evening? If so, did anyone catch it and was there anything of significance said?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Was there a Laker Hockey Show this evening? If so, did anyone catch it and was there anything of significance said?
                          The Holiday party was last night Bill. Skrelli is having or had surgery on his shoulder and is lost for the season.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            There actually was still a show. Not sure if it was taped earlier in the day or not, but it was played at 6 last night. I did not listen to much of it. Power and Domett will be back this weekend at Michigan. Sounds like Kapalka will get all of the starts in January.
                            Last edited by Laker Dude; 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Nice to see Ainsworth finally play. Surprised Murdock didn't play any.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                Nice to see Ainsworth finally play (exhibition game). Surprised Murdock didn't play any.
                                Not surprised that Ravn didn't play. Roque didn't want to address the question when Crawford asked, which is not surprising either.
                                Anyway, they rang the bell, so everybody can be happy and look forward to a promising weekend :-)
                                Last edited by soofan; 01-04-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X