X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
    I have been to several games this year and have been impressed with how the team is capable of playing. I am also frustrated when they do not play up to their abilities. I agree with you about letting the 2nd half play out. I never expected to see them ranked 11th in country at one time.

With a Friday night record of 2-6-0 and 9-1-1 on every other day of the week. I would like to propose a schedule change for the second half of the season; change the Friday night games to Sundays. So they would play Saturday and Sunday.
    Or, let's just play a doubleheader on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
      I could care less about what station the games are on living a thousand miles away from Sault Ste. Marie. I support coach Roque and know what I hear when I log on to listen and the announcers negativity about the Lakers many times and the coach.
      I admire B. Crawford's honesty and his candid call of a game....if the Lakers play poorly, he isn't afraid to say so nor is he hesitant to heap praise on them when it is deserved. He is an excellent broadcaster and play by play man, there are few better than him. Now if you just want cheer leading then I suggest you tune into Rock 101 and suffer through Gerry Liscumb jr call of a Greyhounds game.....you just might appreciate Bill Crawford a heck of a lot more.

Comment

The Lakers' record is a pleasant surprise at this point in the season. I'm kind of taking a wait and see stance to see if they can sustain their good play and keep translating it into more wins than losses through an entire season, especially within conference. The schedule looks to be tougher the second half. I think the Lakers need to have a very good season in order for Jim Roque to keep his job, meaning home ice for the first round (at a minimum) and perhaps even a trip to the Joe. The goal scoring, although absent too often the past month, has been good enough at times (especially early on) to put the Lakers in good shape heading into the holidays. The question is, will they get consistent enough goal scoring to keep them in the hunt for a top 4 position in the CCHA the rest of the way.

Comment

Lakerchum also made a good point. We only see you after a loss. Sweeping MSU at home and Miami on the road were two huge weekends. No comments from you after either. Can it be that your dislike of coach Roque makes you unhappy when the Lakers win?[/QUOTE]

I never said a word after the lakers loss 2 at Ohio State or were beaten at home by ND . When I did say something after the loss to Northern a game the Lakers controlled and should have won. All I said was the samething 90% of the people on here have been saying for the last few years. The ability to control the game but the inability to score to win the game is something that has been haunting the Lakers and will continue to keep them down at the bottom .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            Lakerchum also made a good point. We only see you after a loss. Sweeping MSU at home and Miami on the road were two huge weekends. No comments from you after either. Can it be that your dislike of coach Roque makes you unhappy when the Lakers win?
            I never said a word after the lakers loss 2 at Ohio State or were beaten at home by ND . When I did say something after the loss to Northern a game the Lakers controlled and should have won. All I said was the samething 90% of the people on here have been saying for the last few years. The ability to control the game but the inability to score to win the game is something that has been haunting the Lakers and will continue to keep them down at the bottom .[/QUOTE]

Sm - you should go back and check your posts. If the Lakers take 5-6 points on the weekend you are nowhere to be seen. It's not just me. Others see it as well. For a year now, I've always joked with a friend of mine that when the Lakers win, two posters will always be missing in action

Comment

Sm - you should go back and check your posts. If the Lakers take 5-6 points on the weekend you are nowhere to be seen. It's not just me. Others see it as well. For a year now, I've always joked with a friend of mine that when the Lakers win, two posters will always be missing in action[/QUOTE]
              You miss the point. lakerchum said you only see me after a loss and I said after the Lakers lost 2 in Ohio,home to ND you still didn't see me. Win or lose you have not seen me on here to say much of anything until after the Northern loss and all I said on that was what 90% of people have been saying for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                I admire B. Crawford's honesty and his candid call of a game....if the Lakers play poorly, he isn't afraid to say so nor is he hesitant to heap praise on them when it is deserved. He is an excellent broadcaster and play by play man, there are few better than him. Now if you just want cheer leading then I suggest you tune into Rock 101 and suffer through Gerry Liscumb jr call of a Greyhounds game.....you just might appreciate Bill Crawford a heck of a lot more.
                Sorry, but I think Gerry does a good job. On the other hand try listening to John Bell for the Soo Eagles Bill does a excellent job. Try listening to some of the other college hockey anouncers. Bill is by far the best.

Comment

Originally posted by thepuck57 View Post
                  Sorry, but I think Gerry does a good job. On the other hand try listening to John Bell for the Soo Eagles Bill does a excellent job. Try listening to some of the other college hockey anouncers. Bill is by far the best.
                  Bill is a class act all the way.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I will take 11-7-2 and ranked in the Top 20.

Comment

The truth is out there but never from TS.

Comment

You miss the point. lakerchum said you only see me after a loss and I said after the Lakers lost 2 in Ohio,home to ND you still didn't see me. Win or lose you have not seen me on here to say much of anything until after the Northern loss and all I said on that was what 90% of people have been saying for a few years.
                        The point is that you are always negative. One wonders whether you are actually a fan of Laker hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                          The point is that you are always negative. One wonders whether you are actually a fan of Laker hockey.
                          The point is that the downfall of so many Laker games for 6 years has been the inability to score goals even when they dominate play. Don't even anyone go and say I always say nothing but positive things about Laker hockey. When Borek was there,people were calling for his neck. When Anzalone came back,people were calling for his neck, but now year after year the Lakers finish near the bottom and calling for Roques neck is taboo . Up till the Northern game,I posted one time and why,I am done cheering half seasons . Roque has to prove he can get this team to win and we won't know that until this season ends.

Comment

The point is that the downfall of so many Laker games for 6 years has been the inability to score goals even when they dominate play. Don't even anyone go and say I always say nothing but positive things about Laker hockey. When Borek was there,people were calling for his neck. When Anzalone came back,people were calling for his neck, but now year after year the Lakers finish near the bottom and calling for Roques neck is taboo . Up till the Northern game,I posted one time and why,I am done cheering half seasons . Roque has to prove he can get this team to win and we won't know that until this season ends.

"It is the fan's right to be skeptical, 'cause usually he's right." -- Sparky Anderson.

or this gem:

"I'd rather have 'em boo than not show up. If they're booing they are in teh seats, and they care." -- also Sparky Anderson.

Nothing wrong with negative comments. Just my opinion.

I haev seen sm2pk defending LSSU hockey, and UP hockey, passionately in other threads. And I don't think anyone here can tell me, with a straight face, that the past 10 years of Laker hockey haven't been more frustrating than satisfying.

And some posters have a good point: Its only the first half, and the Lakers have shown some troubling habits of late -- specifically the appropriate concerns about goal scoring.

Now, we all knew goals would be hard to get this season. We all knew that defense and goaltending were going to have to be outstanding if the Lakers were going to compete.

I am very satisfied with this team right now. I am satisfied because there is an uptick in the talent, and that is being combined with outstanding effort. We saw that last year in the playoffs. That has carried through into the first half of this year.

And there is nothing wrong with being ranked in the Top 20, 4th place in the league -- and three of the toughest road trips are behind us (Miami, OSU, and Ferris).

Comment

Can anyone tell me what years Metro was here?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyintheblood View Post
                                Can anyone tell me what years Metro was here?
                                Officially, he was an assistant coach for 3 seasons, beginning with 2008-9. I think he was also doing some volunteer work with the Lakers the previous season.
                                Last edited by Bill; 12-14-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X