This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

In 9 of the last 11 games the Lakers have scored 2 goals or less. They scored 3 or more goals in 6 of the first 8 games. Lets hope the offense gets going quickly or it will indeed be a long second half.

Comment

Pretty good 1st half of the season. I certainly did not think the Lakers would be 11-7-2 right now. They sure have a tough 2nd half schedule, but it will be fun to see how it plays out.

Comment

Finally, some offense. Getting the early lead was huge. They really needed this one, otherwise they would have been going into the holiday tournament on a 4 games losing streak. But the coaches can't be happy about giving up a 3 goal lead or giving up 47 shots (23 in the 3rd alone).

Comment

Did anyone hear the pregame show tonight? Bill C said that Jim would not do a pregame interview tonight for radio. This was because Bill said what a good coach Walt Kyle is, and that Joe Schawan was a great recruiter on the broadcast Friday night.

Comment

Holy crap, the Lakers scored SIX GOALS!!!!!!!! Just like the Saturday Notre Dame game, scoring on the Power Play proved to be the difference. Monardo really channeled Rick Schofield in the last bit of the game.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Holy crap, the Lakers scored SIX GOALS!!!!!!!! Just like the Saturday Notre Dame game, scoring on the Power Play proved to be the difference. Monardo really channeled Rick Schofield in the last bit of the game.
              No doubt, the rumors of the Lakers death were greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                Did anyone hear the pregame show tonight? Bill C said that Jim would not do a pregame interview tonight for radio. This was because Bill said what a good coach Walt Kyle is, and that Joe Schawan was a great recruiter on the broadcast Friday night.
                Bill C is friends with Joe Shawhan and I don't see any problems with Bill saying nice things about Joe. Probably rubbed Jim the wrong way though given the split between Jim and Joe. I think the split is a bad mark on Jim's resume. It's not the first time Bill C and Jim haven't seen eye to eye.

Comment

Pretty good 1st half of the season. I certainly did not think the Lakers would be 11-7-2 right now. They sure have a tough 2nd half schedule, but it will be fun to see how it plays out.
                  If the Lakers keep playing .500 hockey at home, it will bite them in the butt. They need to play better at home and have more sweeps.

Comment

Is this speculation, or did Bill Crawford announce on the radio that Coach Roque was angry with him for this reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post
                      Is this speculation, or did Bill Crawford announce on the radio that Coach Roque was angry with him for this reason?
                      He announced that Roque wasn't doing the interview tonight. It isn't surprising. He has undermined him constantly and is always very negative about the Lakers and coach Roque at every opportunity. Looks like Coach Roque is making him eat his words and maybe get him to retire yet again.

I said the Lakers would score 6 and they did. Way to go Lakers keep it up.

Comment

Luck is for the lottery not hockey hope to see you at the joe

Comment

Lakers move into a 11th place tie with NMU in the Pairwise rankings.

Comment

Fran Anzalone is a great recruiter.... he brought that hardworking Sellout kid ... I wish I knew what happened to him. He was super talented and a really hardworker... he could have played in the nhl. The tooth is out there.
                            TNA
                            TNA
                            THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
                            TNA
                            TNA

Comment

Originally posted by Tooth Squid View Post
                              Fran Anzalone is a great recruiter.... he brought that hardworking Sellout kid ... I wish I knew what happened to him. He was super talented and a really hardworker... he could have played in the nhl. The tooth is out there.
                              TNA
                              TNA

Comment

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
                                He announced that Roque wasn't doing the interview tonight. It isn't surprising. He has undermined him constantly and is always very negative about the Lakers and coach Roque at every opportunity. Looks like Coach Roque is making him eat his words and maybe get him to retire yet again.
                                Not sure where you get this. I listen to the broadcasts regurlay and don't have a sense of what you say. BC has been supportive of JR, especially in the "lean years." I think he has been very positive about the team. any examples? You seem to have an anti-radio station bias. Does this comment stem from that?

Comment

Working...
                                X