This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Despite Miami's slow start, they still have the makings of a pretty good team. They lost some major players but are still loaded. They're having a rough patch but I wouldn't say they are on the way down. Despite their recent difficulties,they have two pretty good goaltenders and I think Miami will get it together and come on as the season progresses. Any way you look at it, sweeping Miami on their home ice is a big weekend, and it would be for any team in the CCHA.

Comment

Looks like the lakers received a verball committment from eric drapluk from coulee region chill of the nahl. noticed it on the nahl comittment site.

Comment

Originally posted by lakers1 View Post
        Looks like the lakers received a verball committment from eric drapluk from coulee region chill of the nahl. noticed it on the nahl comittment site.
        Roque had mentioned that they had an offer out to a D. Looks like Drapluk is the guy.
        http://nahlcrchill.stats.pointstreak...&seasonid=7317
        http://crchill.pointstreaksites.com/...176/news_35336
        Last edited by Bill; 11-01-2011, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
          Not when Michigan is outscoring Bentley, at home. Come on now -- that Michigan scoring machine is scary. (heehee).
          Yep. We'll see come Jan 6-7 at Yost.

Nice start this year, Lakers, good for the conference and good for college hockey. But nothing is won in October.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Roque had mentioned that they had an offer out to a D. Looks like Drapluk is the guy.
            http://nahlcrchill.stats.pointstreak...&seasonid=7317
            http://crchill.pointstreaksites.com/...176/news_35336

I noticed he is the captain for his NAHL team could be a nice player for us.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              Yep. We'll see come Jan 6-7 at Yost.

Nice start this year, Lakers, good for the conference and good for college hockey. But nothing is won in October.
              Actually in most years the CCHA is locked down by X-Mas, so wins in October are huge.
              Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
              Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
              MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
              Yost Arena: U-Mich
              Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
              Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
              Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
              Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
              Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
              Joyce Center: Notre Dame
              Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
              Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Let's keep the champagne bottles corked for a bit. The Lakers and OSU are the only two teams to have played six games already. This will be a weekend for all teams but Michigan State to draw even in games played. Western could leapfrog into first place with a sweep of UM (not probable, but plausible), and Notre Dame could draw even with the Lakers with a sweep of Northern. So the Lakers will still be a top team after this weekend; but it will be much tighter at the top, and then the margin for error really shrinks.

Also, in the second-half of the season the Lakers play Michigan, Miami, and State in consecutive weeks. That will be a huge test, because there is no way State and Miami will not be improved teams by that juncture.

I'm cautiously optimistic this Laker team is a legitimate threat for a first round bye, but there's a lot of script to be played out yet.

Comment

I can't wait for the next Laker Hockey Show with Paul VanWaggoner and Coach Roque to be available on the website. For you out of town fans this is a must and a great way to catch up on the goings on Laker Hockey.

VanWaggoner does a great job with the questions and player interviews and it is a very lively exciting show. For us out of town listeners our only way to listen to the coaches show and much better than the alternative.

Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                    Let's keep the champagne bottles corked for a bit.
                    Nope! I'm celebrating now and I'm going to continue to live it up and suck it all in for as long as this lasts!!! We fans have waited for 15 years to see a start like this and to actually believe that a successful season is finally at hand....bring on the dancing girls and put champagne on ice!!!

Comment

I'm all for the dancing girls, even when we're 2-16

Comment

So what happened to all the Anzalone ballwashers that used to hang out in here?

I will admit I would not have lamented if Roque was let go for a new (non-Azalone) coach, however I thought he earned another year with the improvement shown at the end of last season. So far it looks like Dunbar was right to give him some leeway.
                        Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
                        Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
                        MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
                        Yost Arena: U-Mich
                        Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
                        Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
                        Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
                        Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
                        Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
                        Joyce Center: Notre Dame
                        Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
                        Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Originally posted by peten16 View Post
                          So what happened to all the Anzalone ballwashers that used to hang out in here?

I will admit I would not have lamented if Roque was let go for a new (non-Azalone) coach, however I thought he earned another year with the improvement shown at the end of last season. So far it looks like Dunbar was right to give him some leeway.
                          It is almost guaranteed that truth squad will post something about Anzalone the next time the Lakers lose. I am surprised that he is not telling us that Frank would be 8-0 right now instead of 7-1.

Comment

Complete BS that McParland wasn't player of the week. Here are the highlights of my email to the CCHA:

You totally missed the mark with your offensive player of the week. I am sure whenever a player from a Big 10 school puts up 7 points, you don't think any thought is required on your part.

However, LSSU's Nick McParland's 3-2-5 line at Miami was far more impressive. Miami is an excellent team, and it was an important conference road game. Not to mention, McParland's team needed each and every point he got them. Yet his efforts didn't even make your Notable Performers section.

I can't wait until a Laker puts up 7 points at home against a cupcake non-conference opponent, and the player of the week goes to some kid from Michigan who gets 5 points at Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
                              Complete BS that McParland wasn't player of the week. Here are the highlights of my email to the CCHA:

You totally missed the mark with your offensive player of the week. I am sure whenever a player from a Big 10 school puts up 7 points, you don't think any thought is required on your part.

However, LSSU's Nick McParland's 3-2-5 line at Miami was far more impressive. Miami is an excellent team, and it was an important conference road game. Not to mention, McParland's team needed each and every point he got them. Yet his efforts didn't even make your Notable Performers section.

I can't wait until a Laker puts up 7 points at home against a cupcake non-conference opponent, and the player of the week goes to some kid from Michigan who gets 5 points at Miami.
                              Great comments!
                              Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
                                I can't wait for the next Laker Hockey Show with Paul VanWaggoner and Coach Roque to be available on the website. For you out of town fans this is a must and a great way to catch up on the goings on Laker Hockey.

VanWaggoner does a great job with the questions and player interviews and it is a very lively exciting show. For us out of town listeners our only way to listen to the coaches show and much better than the alternative.

Go Lakers!
                                Link????

KBUN out of Bemidji does a great college hockey show (thanks Scotty and Moose!). It usually ends up online sometime Friday. It can be found at:

http://www.kbunam.com/College_Hockey_Tonight.html
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X